Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 28-12-2016, 11:10 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Beckenham Place PR ticking over nicely, with some To view the link you have to Register or Login.

Pop along on NYE if you haven't already. 20 runners of 165 came around in <20 mins last time out - it's a fast course.

My own running has been non-existent for a couple of months now. PR on 17th Dec was my first run at all since the Petts Wood 10k in early October. Didn't plan to go as hard as I did (we never do, right ) but ended up giving it the full beans and was delighted with my 20 min effort. It was one of the hardest efforts I've ever given in a PR. Followed that up with the annual running club parlauf which was only 1.5k, but I think the speed is still there, which is reassuring as you never know what you've lost after a prolonged break. Just have to build up the stamina again now, and lose 10 lbs!! Was going to make a start over Christmas but I've been scythed down by this damn chest lurgy doing the rounds.

Looking forward to starting my inaugural marathon training next week.

Last edited by tasty_snacks; 28-12-2016 at 11:15 PM.
Old 29-12-2016, 12:01 PM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Got through a ballot for a multi-storey car park marathon in Worthing which takes place end of February. 71 laps up and down, going to have to start my hill training.
Old 29-12-2016, 12:10 PM

eagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant View Post
Got through a ballot for a multi-storey car park marathon in Worthing which takes place end of February. 71 laps up and down, going to have to start my hill training.
Jesus Christ. Sounds like hell.

And your Garmin probably wont recognise the ascent
Old 29-12-2016, 12:10 PM

eagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Did some hill training with Robbie Britton over Box Hill on Tuesday. Calf's are shredded.
Old 29-12-2016, 04:29 PM

ugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post
Beckenham Place PR ticking over nicely, with some To view the link you have to Register or Login.

Pop along on NYE if you haven't already. 20 runners of 165 came around in <20 mins last time out - it's a fast course.

My own running has been non-existent for a couple of months now. PR on 17th Dec was my first run at all since the Petts Wood 10k in early October. Didn't plan to go as hard as I did (we never do, right ) but ended up giving it the full beans and was delighted with my 20 min effort. It was one of the hardest efforts I've ever given in a PR. Followed that up with the annual running club parlauf which was only 1.5k, but I think the speed is still there, which is reassuring as you never know what you've lost after a prolonged break. Just have to build up the stamina again now, and lose 10 lbs!! Was going to make a start over Christmas but I've been scythed down by this damn chest lurgy doing the rounds.

Looking forward to starting my inaugural marathon training next week.

is that course part of the course used for the relays by the local club?

The thoughts and opinions expressed here are MY OWN.....

#CRPS read this http://gettingtoknowmecrps.blogspot.co.uk/

to find out what #CRPS is
Old 31-12-2016, 12:56 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Tilgate Parkrun this morning. Every time I do one of these I am even more excited about starting one in St. Petersburg/Clearwater in 2017. Great run in the fog and beat my time on the same course in September. With my running year complete I have run a PB 801.31 miles which blows me away when I think about it. Also on day 216 of streak.

Looking forward to what my new running year will bring. Happy New Year to all of you and thanks for the encouragement and inspiration.
Old 31-12-2016, 03:21 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
Last park run of the year at Banstead today and another pb of 27.56 my pb at the end 2015 was 31.08 so a huge improvement in 2016.

In fact 2016 may well be one of my best years ever, I've ran 531k, broken the hour for 10k, now under 28mins for 5k and passed 50% age graded time for 5k.
Old 01-01-2017, 12:09 AM

ob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I used to do a bit of cross country at school when i was about 12 but that was over 30 years ago.Anyway i dont really have any real desire to be a "runner" of any type or run any races but need something to get me a bit fitter.My sport now days is windsurfing an in an ideal world we would have the required weather to get enough of this to not need to do anything else,infact the first 15 months when i started this i managed to get out at least once a week and up to 5 some weeks and when i hit 40 was fitter than anytime since early 20's.
Back to running and i decided to have a little go today and after dropping my wife at shops i headed for beach to give it a go.Felt ok to start,nice steady pace not fast but not stupidly slow(about 7ish mph),when i tried running a few years back it quickly felt like someone was beating my shins with a hammer but pleasingly nothing like that this time.However after pretty much exactly 0.5m i had to stop running due to pain in right calf.Carried on walking on the tarmac until 1 mile then turned round and ran a bit/walked a bit along the sandy waters edge until 3.55 miles when by now both calf muscles were very sore so walked the next 2 miles back to car.All in all i quite enjoyed it and did a total of 5.55 miles in a very slow 1hr 20 mins due to walking most of it! I am quite sore now,guess as a beginner and at my age i shouldn't just jump out the van and crack on and do another 5 miles beyond the severe pain stage even at slow pace?
Old 01-01-2017, 01:38 PM

Tom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
First run of 2017 this morning, Roundshaw Parkrun in my Palace top.
Old 01-01-2017, 01:45 PM

Knacker cracker today over box hill. 1.03 for a tough 10k. Need to work on those 3mins for next year. A difficult ask.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:15 PM

Mr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob13 View Post
I used to do a bit of cross country at school when i was about 12 but that was over 30 years ago.Anyway i dont really have any real desire to be a "runner" of any type or run any races but need something to get me a bit fitter.My sport now days is windsurfing an in an ideal world we would have the required weather to get enough of this to not need to do anything else,infact the first 15 months when i started this i managed to get out at least once a week and up to 5 some weeks and when i hit 40 was fitter than anytime since early 20's.
Back to running and i decided to have a little go today and after dropping my wife at shops i headed for beach to give it a go.Felt ok to start,nice steady pace not fast but not stupidly slow(about 7ish mph),when i tried running a few years back it quickly felt like someone was beating my shins with a hammer but pleasingly nothing like that this time.However after pretty much exactly 0.5m i had to stop running due to pain in right calf.Carried on walking on the tarmac until 1 mile then turned round and ran a bit/walked a bit along the sandy waters edge until 3.55 miles when by now both calf muscles were very sore so walked the next 2 miles back to car.All in all i quite enjoyed it and did a total of 5.55 miles in a very slow 1hr 20 mins due to walking most of it! I am quite sore now,guess as a beginner and at my age i shouldn't just jump out the van and crack on and do another 5 miles beyond the severe pain stage even at slow pace?
If you're a complete newbie you'd be best to start doing a run / walk combination - start running 30 seconds, walking 60, then gradually increase the running & decreasing the walking until after 4-5 weeks you're exclusively running. 5.5 miles is also probably pushing it too far - 5km (3 miles) is probably a good starting point using the strategy above.

That said, I'm not nearly as experienced a runner as many on here, so if anyone offers different advice you'd probably be better listening to them

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Being the first team to beat them there will never go away, it's like taking the virginity of someone you don't like's sister, just so you can rub it in their face.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:31 PM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by civil eagle View Post
Last park run of the year at Banstead today and another pb of 27.56 my pb at the end 2015 was 31.08 so a huge improvement in 2016.

In fact 2016 may well be one of my best years ever, I've ran 531k, broken the hour for 10k, now under 28mins for 5k and passed 50% age graded time for 5k.

Well done great improvement
Old 01-01-2017, 09:38 PM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob13 View Post

I started running about 18 months ago having not For almost 40 years whilst at school and did it to her fitter and because my father died from a surprise heart attack. I was lucky to be able to run without stopping for the first Parkrun completed in about 26mins. This year that is down to 20:12.

Not sure where you live but there are zero to Hero courses and couch 2 5k programmes in the area which can help - good luck
Old 06-01-2017, 12:00 PM

Who's running the Surrey XC Championships at Lloyd Park tomorrow?
Old 06-01-2017, 12:37 PM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just started again after a few months enforced absence from the local roads through work commitments. Have decided to my time myself and I must say it is a more enjoyable experience as a result. I think I got fixated on shaving a minute off her and there, which ended up pushing my heart rate beyond the aerobic zone and thus undermining efforts to cut the chub off.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:25 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly and fat View Post
is that course part of the course used for the relays by the local club?
The relay loops around the whole park, and (I think) pass through the area where the PR is now based in the SE corner where the park is completely flat.

Although I have been a member of the club for >2 years now, I've never competed in the relays as I've always been assigned marshalling duty along the road section!
Old 06-01-2017, 04:43 PM
No Self Control

catty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I haven't done much for the last couple of weeks due to a bad chest, although I did go out once between Christmas & new year & got a new 1k PB & 5k pace

Now I've got to start my half marathon training for May...
Old 07-01-2017, 05:13 PM

CaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
First attempt at a long run since long lay off injury. I never thought 5 miles could be so tough. And injury still doesn't look clear. One of those where I think I have to push through it to build the strength of muscles around hammy and knee without pushing too hard.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:36 PM

Ran Bromley 10k today - very slippery at top end of the park and managed to fall on the entrance to the grass section cut leg and hand quite badly. However managed a pb by around a minute in 42:20
Old 12-01-2017, 09:17 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
First run of the year, 3 laps of the park done this morning, pooped now, but at 40, I need to get my ass in gear and lose the flab, or else I keel over from a ticker 'tack