Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-01-2017, 02:26 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
You are correct, yes. Is that a problem?
Only inasmuch that you seem to be editing rather than moderating.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:02 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
Only inasmuch that you seem to be editing rather than moderating.
Editing?

From memory, two or three posts which have been potentially libellous and perhaps half a dozen involving cack-handed attempts to negate the swear filter.

Seems reasonable enough to me, no?

" Heh, Norm! How's life treating you?"

"Like I just ran over his dog."
Old 12-01-2017, 06:14 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
I see Maz has responded to your first paragraph so I've no need to add anything in that respect.

Whilst I'm here though, I am going to ask you to cut the personal insults out. This kind of shite adds nothing to the gravity of your post - regardless of how clever it makes you feel - and frankly, the BBS could do with a great deal less of it right now.
You will have fun with anti addick if you ask the same of him . Its all he's got ..

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 12-01-2017, 08:06 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
Of course you can penalise the dead by ignoring or modifying their wishes, which they had formulated before they died and had presumed would be carried out after their death without penalty.
Difficult to believe you're not getting this, so I'll try and keep it short and simple.

To penalise someone is to punish them, yes? So tell me, what sort of punishment is it where the person being punished doesn't know they are being punished? You'll admit that's not really punishment is it? If, for instance, criminals were given punishments that they didn't notice, you might well think something was wrong with the law, yes?

You can't punish or penalise the dead. I trust that clarifies.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 12-01-2017, 08:44 AM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
You will have fun with anti addick if you ask the same of him . Its all he's got ..
Go and answer my last posts on this then. And I very rarely deliberately circumvent the swear filter you ****
Old 12-01-2017, 08:47 AM

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
Amazes me how many people are willing to defend this outrage though. It is their service and is what they will rely on when they get sick. Not if, but WHEN.

I want it to be the very best in the world, cost doesn't come into it and nor will it for the defenders when ultimately it is their own life on the line. Very foolish imho.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:49 AM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
politicians. Cunces, the lot of them. They'll fvck us all over a barrel in a heartbeat.

and they do.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:25 AM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Editing?

From memory, two or three posts which have been potentially libellous and perhaps half a dozen involving cack-handed attempts to negate the swear filter.

Seems reasonable enough to me, no?
I thought I'd better bring this cack-handed attempt to negate the swear filter to your attention. Don't be too hard on him.

Quote:
I see Maz has responded to your first paragraph so I've no need to add anything in that respect.

Whilst I'm here though, I am going to ask you to cut the personal insults out. This kind of shite adds nothing to the gravity of your post - regardless of how clever it makes you feel - and frankly, the BBS could do with a great deal less of it right now.
No need to thank me.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:37 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Seemed quite a reasoned response and the slight tinge of anger entirely justified. Maybe you should answer instead?
it was a general statement
Old 12-01-2017, 09:56 AM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick View Post
Amazes me how many people are willing to defend this outrage though. It is their service and is what they will rely on when they get sick. Not if, but WHEN.

I want it to be the very best in the world, cost doesn't come into it and nor will it for the defenders when ultimately it is their own life on the line. Very foolish imho.
Of course cost comes into it, its everything. More money on this means less on something else.

Here's some fun figures.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Should we be Spain/Italy/Norway or France/Germany. We prolly get slightly better value than those as they have staff involved in charging.

More fun figures. Lets blame the managers they are everywhere.

I think not.

More fun figures. Rising amounts of cash.

Actual and inflation adjusted. The problem here is that medical inflation is higher so the small increase in real terms spending is insufficient. Largely as foresthillbilly as pointed out due to better treatments and increasing population. However the contrast between when it started and now is stark. The cost of the 1948 NHS was about £15billion in todays terms and today its £120bil.

More income tax. Maybe but I heard on the tv this morning that 42% thought this was a good idea but that 37% thought not. So that's not going to happen anytime soon.
Even if it did medical inflation would soon outstrip any extra cash. It would only be a temporary solution. Hardly May's fault.
Despite A-A's ranting no one is going to try to ditch the NHS it would be a vote killer.
There may be decisions in the near future to be made on what treatments they fund and what they don't.

Personally I would raise cash by seizing holiday homes.

More seriously I'd start by looking at the foreign aid budget. That won't cost any votes.

Last edited by Skintagain; 12-01-2017 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:00 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Stop corruption in the government, stop MPs expenses, tax the governments mates correctly, tax big companies properly and tax buy to lets 50-60%. For a start.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:25 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick View Post
Go and answer my last posts on this then. And I very rarely deliberately circumvent the swear filter you ****
And he's back .. The man with the smallest armoury of words on the bbs .. My 6 yr old granddaughter would wipe the floor with you at scrabble .

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 12-01-2017, 11:29 AM

The word you were looking for was 'vocabulary'.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:44 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
There will always be idiots going to A&E for trivial coplaints, there always has been, and it is all too easy for this government to use this to get them off the hook. when "bed blocking" is the real problem. They seem unable or unwilling to deal with this problem. They want the NHS to fail, they want to restructure it down to make it fit for sale to private industry. The NHS has a huge budget and miniscule anecdotal stuff like paper towels purchasing is still being used to discredit it.

The crap from May today in parliament has now been discredited:

The problem isn't cash, it is bad planning and a lack of political will. I will repeat it again, the NHS was created on the back of severe financial difficulties for this country in 1947, when the country was in ruins after the war.
I have had a couple of stays in hospital following A&E visits in the past 5 years. I have also had 2 scheduled stays for BUPA ops. It is a very small sample I know but on both occasions with the NHS there were delays releasing me despite having been given the OK. One resulted in an extra night and one probably 4 or 5 hours and this seemed as if it would have been longer if I hadn't been chasing them. There were also empty beds in the assessment Ward while A&E was overflowing. I realise that this is a stupidly small sample and there may have been genuine explanations for this but I was just surprised the mood (last weekend) showed little to no urgency to free up the bed.

Having been in A&E for 16 hrs which was chaotic but managed they also seemed slow to ship patients back out, especially those needing transport. This could be fatigue or other reasons I wasn't privy to but again I didn't sense that urgency. I wouldn't underestimate the relentlessness of the situation and maybe this is key.

The BUPA environment was very different and arrival and departures were never stressful but promptly managed by communication planning beforehand. Very different circumstances to A&E obviously. The odd thing is that many of the personnel are the same over time.

I guess the subjective view would be that it just felt that the was a lot of room for improving the organisational management. The people working there remain very impressive but working within a flaky organisational framework.

The overall problem seems unsolvable. It has so many layers and is unbelievably complex and set a background of increasing demand and significant growth of costs. The emotion of the employees and patients threaded through this and the politics just makes it worse.

I used to joke before retirement that I would first take a long holiday and then take on a small job, like fixing the NHS and then move onto third world debt. Might need to reschedule the latter.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:01 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I have had a couple of stays in hospital following A&E visits in the past 5 years. I have also had 2 scheduled stays for BUPA ops. It is a very small sample I know but on both occasions with the NHS there were delays releasing me despite having been given the OK. One resulted in an extra night and one probably 4 or 5 hours and this seemed as if it would have been longer if I hadn't been chasing them. There were also empty beds in the assessment Ward while A&E was overflowing. I realise that this is a stupidly small sample and there may have been genuine explanations for this but I was just surprised the mood (last weekend) showed little to no urgency to free up the bed.

Having been in A&E for 16 hrs which was chaotic but managed they also seemed slow to ship patients back out, especially those needing transport. This could be fatigue or other reasons I wasn't privy to but again I didn't sense that urgency. I wouldn't underestimate the relentlessness of the situation and maybe this is key.

The BUPA environment was very different and arrival and departures were never stressful but promptly managed by communication planning beforehand. Very different circumstances to A&E obviously. The odd thing is that many of the personnel are the same over time.

I guess the subjective view would be that it just felt that the was a lot of room for improving the organisational management. The people working there remain very impressive but working within a flaky organisational framework.

The overall problem seems unsolvable. It has so many layers and is unbelievably complex and set a background of increasing demand and significant growth of costs. The emotion of the employees and patients threaded through this and the politics just makes it worse.

I used to joke before retirement that I would first take a long holiday and then take on a small job, like fixing the NHS and then move onto third world debt. Might need to reschedule the latter.
The difference surely between BUPA and the NHS, is the scale of the task in hand, and that the former is properly funded compared to latter.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:11 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Surely only one NHS hospital has ever been privatised?
Old 12-01-2017, 12:40 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
The difference surely between BUPA and the NHS, is the scale of the task in hand, and that the former is properly funded compared to latter.
I wasn't suggesting it as a comparison, more an example that it's not impossible and more pointing at a difference of focus.

I could have cited a whole bunch of similar examples with our parents (all 4 of them God bless them) who each spent a lot of time on a ward waiting to go home but I left them out as there would have been an increased factor of concern re being safe to send home and maybe another invisible hoop or two - albeit we were there with them on each occasion.

It does feel as if there is a cultural and organisational difference. I should add that I never felt rushed at BUPA and if anything the go-home briefing was far more thorough and they even provided support once I had gone home but completely agree that it's not a like for like context.

I am just surprised that with beds being at the centre of much of their problem that there wasn't more urgency from somewhere. I hadn't meant to over emphasise this as there are so many issues. It was just input.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:52 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
I thought I'd better bring this cack-handed attempt to negate the swear filter to your attention. Don't be too hard on him.

No need to thank me.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

shite, n., int., and adj.

Pronunciation: Brit. /ʃʌɪt/, U.S. /ʃaɪt/, Scottish /ʃʌit/, Irish English /ʃʌɪt/, Australian /ʃɑet/, New Zealand /ʃɑet/

Origin: A variant or alteration of another lexical item.

" Heh, Norm! How's life treating you?"

"Like I just ran over his dog."
Old 12-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

shite, n., int., and adj.

Pronunciation: Brit. /ʃʌɪt/, U.S. /ʃaɪt/, Scottish /ʃʌit/, Irish English /ʃʌɪt/, Australian /ʃɑet/, New Zealand /ʃɑet/

Origin: A variant or alteration of another lexical item.
A fine English word, as used by Chaucer amongst other early writers.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 12-01-2017, 05:12 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
A fine English word, as used by Chaucer amongst other early writers.
Does this mean we are allowed to call the mods a bunch of queyntes?