Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 29-01-2014, 03:14 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
They are probably the worst run company I've ever come across. How are they allowed to get away with it every single day?
absolute bolloxs First crapital connect is far far worse

SaulAlinsky
Old 29-01-2014, 03:14 PM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
"This train has been cancelled due to a member of the train crew being unavailable." I love that one most of all.
Old 29-01-2014, 03:23 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyStreet View Post
"This train has been cancelled due to a member of the train crew being unavailable." I love that one most of all.
Yeah - what the hell is that? As far as I can tell the only member of train crew is the driver. Do drivers just not turn up and let Southern know so late that they can't find a replacement?
Old 29-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
One train. I appreciate you have a reason to defend Southern but I'm only giving my experiences. The displays on the older trains rarely seem to be on and working; not that they have first class but kinda important for people who don't know where the train is going.
No offense to you Woos but it slightly worries me people board trains without finding out where it is going.
Old 29-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
Yeah - what the hell is that? As far as I can tell the only member of train crew is the driver. Do drivers just not turn up and let Southern know so late that they can't find a replacement?
It means:

A. The driver who should be driving that train has not come in and they can't cover the job.

B. The driver has got stuck elsewhere due to disruption.

C. As above but swap driver for conductor.
Old 29-01-2014, 03:29 PM
CMAM

jone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
No offense to you Woos but it slightly worries me people board trains without finding out where it is going.
God knows how We coped back in the day

Mayor of CarshaltON
Old 29-01-2014, 03:32 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jone-zee View Post
God knows how We coped back in the day
Thankfully Woodmansterne has had a substantial upgrade in recent years. But about ten years ago I went to get a train from there in the morning and it never had any Passenger Information boards. I had no idea which platform I needed.
Old 29-01-2014, 03:33 PM
Future Addict

squelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You mean the signals owned, run and maintained by Network Rail and have nothing to do with Southern?
Well, tbh I was just on about trains in general. Just saying Southern aren't exempt from these causes of delay.

https://twitter.com/DanSquelchy Follow me!
Old 29-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squelchy18 View Post
Well, tbh I was just on about trains in general. Just saying Southern aren't exempt from these causes of delay.
But both points of your post mention the signals. Did I miss something?
Old 29-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
None taken (I wasn't talking about myself but even if I was then I wouldn't take offence). I suppose the point was that those information displays should be working if they are there. But there have been times where I've sprinted for a connection and jumped on a train not 100% sure if it was calling at Purley/Upper Warlingham

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end

Last edited by Woosie; 29-01-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old 29-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Probationary User

Nye11 is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Those shiny new trains have fewer seats - that's confirmed by Southern on their twitter account.

They're a ******* joke; worst company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. The majority of their staff are either useless, non existent, rude or on their phones all the time, or you can't understand a word they say.

I've just got 21.80 worth of delay repay vouchers where I was delayed for more than 2 and a half hours on two journeys. If you have a travelcard they take the piss and give you something like 0.80 because they presume you make x number of journeys a month on it and divide it.

Absolute ******* shambles, trains routinely get delayed because they're waiting for other trains. Even when it's a few minutes the delay can cause a knock on of about an hour for me.

It's not always Southern's fault, that landslip at Ockley isn't tbf but the shit that happens between Purley and Gatwick despite network rail shutting the line all over Christmas is pathetic. Signal problems and "electrical supply problems" galore.

Privatising East Coast is one of the most ******* stupid ideas I've ever heard, but it's the Tories so they'll do it just to **** over the poor.

If you hadn't noticed, I'm at the end of my tether with how abysmal the service is from Southern. The new trains are worse in the winter when it snows as well! God knows how they'll deal with leaves on the line.

Whilst I agree with 99% of what you say, especially the staff comment, I feel that mentioning the issues between Purley/Gatwick, signal problems and electrical supply problems aren't helping your argument. These issues are nothing to do with Southern or any other train operator for that matter - they are all Network Rail infrastructure issues. Granted I have been on my fair share of broken down trains over the years but usually the problems are the aforementioned ones (signals, power problems etc). The only things you mention that are Southerns fault are the staff issues and the lack of seats on brand new trains.
Old 29-01-2014, 04:11 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
I don't know what's happened in the last 6 weeks or so but the service provided is absolutely abysmal.
Old 29-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
In my experience easily done when you travel the same routes everyday and zone out so miss a delay or platform change or something. In mornings I got on LB instead of Vic train a few times at Selhurst as hadn't clocked (especially with i-Pod going) that the arrival order had changed but worse I have got on wrong trains homeward bound as just vaguely noticed that final terminus was right but failed to note it was via e.g. Sutton. Doesn't beat being on the right train but missing the stop with nose stuck in book or something.
Old 30-01-2014, 12:56 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thankfully Woodmansterne has had a substantial upgrade in recent years. But about ten years ago I went to get a train from there in the morning and it never had any Passenger Information boards. I had no idea which platform I needed.
Kind of easy to tell platform one goes to London platform two goes to Tattenham Corner
Old 30-01-2014, 01:23 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
absolute bolloxs First crapital connect is far far worse
Try catching the 8.38 from East Croydon to Reigate ever day. It is seriously delayed 4-5 times a week. In effect it isn't really a credible service.
Old 30-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
"...Would like to apologise for the delay to your service. It was caused by an earlier delay"

was the excuse I head this morning. FCC not Southern though.
Old 30-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
"...Would like to apologise for the delay to your service. It was caused by an earlier delay"

was the excuse I head this morning. FCC not Southern though.
Makes sense.
Old 30-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
It means:

A. The driver who should be driving that train has not come in and they can't cover the job.

B. The driver has got stuck elsewhere due to disruption.

C. As above but swap driver for conductor.
Recently I've been on a couple of trains which have been cancelled mid-journey because of 'lack of available train crew'. Presumably they hop on and off and passengers are normally none the wiser - unless the second driver hasn't turned up? Either that, or the driver which has taken us as far as Norwood spontaneously combusted.

I'm usually a fan of Southern, but they have been utter shit these past few months, and by no means can the London Bridge rebuild be blamed for all these occasions. I've put in six Delay Repay submissions since the week before Christmas, the point at which I got so pissed off I started to try and get my dues.

The latest fun is the introduction of the longer trains for the Caterham/Tattenham lines. You'd think this would be a good idea, but they haven't updated the electronic announcements, so I've seen plenty of people who thought (and had been told) they were in the Tattenham portion suddenly panic when they realise they're on the way to Caterham! That's pretty poor by Southern not to get that right.
Old 30-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Stop whingeing all of you: you get a tax payer subsidised service and all you can do is moan.

I'll get Channel 4 to make a TV documentary about you, I think.
Old 30-01-2014, 02:58 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
If the train is rammed and there is space in the 1st class area, then that is where I go. On the two occasions I have actually been approached by ticket inspectors (dressed up as coppers) I have just completely ignored them. No eye contact, no conversation. It's useless to even get into a dialogue with them. Both times they have eventually just walked away.