Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-01-2017, 07:59 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yesterday the immigration Minister proposed that firms be charged a flat one thousand pound levy for each EU national they employ. Would this please the BBS Brexiters?
Old 12-01-2017, 09:23 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
The man behind the campaign you support, whose messages you endorsed but now claim have no influence over your view? And I need to get out???

Did you actually check, in any way whatsoever, anything? With your background? I'm surprised. Seriously.
I wasn't influenced by any campaign. I do know a shed load of people who wanted to vote Leave but were scared about the upheaval though (City types I'll give you !)

Re Mark Carney - how can he say the risk of Brexit is lower when we haven't left yet ? I thought the risk was getting screwed over trade ? This guy genuinely worries me that he hasn't got a frigging clue !!
Old 12-01-2017, 09:26 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin View Post
Yesterday the immigration Minister proposed that firms be charged a flat one thousand pound levy for each EU national they employ. Would this please the BBS Brexiters?
could you at least and try and understand why people (really) voted Brexit
Old 12-01-2017, 09:35 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle View Post
Rights to strike have been reduced, they will be reduced further. zero hour contracts have become a norm, that will increase. The right to a tribunal has been made more difficult, that will continue and become even more difficult. Minimum wage increase will continue to lag behind inflation and be below a living wage. Those on benefits will be squeezed further.

edit - i forgot about hours worked. Britain is behind nearly every country in Europe on this. While Europe will continue to reduce the working week i think Britain will keep the hours it has, or reduce at a slower rate.

How do you think it will be a positive impact? What working conditions do you think will improve under a right wing government? What do you base this on?
eaglejez, maybe you missed my reply to your questions. Having answered your questions it would be nice if you answered mine.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
eaglejez, maybe you missed my reply to your questions. Having answered your questions it would be nice if you answered mine.
I've worked for 30 years and I honestly don't think the working conditions we have in this country are that bad. Would I want them reduced ? no although I would be in favour of no strikes for people providing public services.

So in summary, any reduction in working practices will need to go through the full democratic UK Parliamentary process post Brexit - so I'm happy
Old 12-01-2017, 09:41 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
A good and sober read for all on both sides:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-01-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
A good and sober read for all on both sides:

thanks for posting but this is probably more useful in the 'rise of fascism' thread. A sober reminder how important democracy is and scary that there are still people who are so one eyed that they would want this taken away
Old 12-01-2017, 09:50 AM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
Re Mark Carney - how can he say the risk of Brexit is lower when we haven't left yet ? I thought the risk was getting screwed over trade ? This guy genuinely worries me that he hasn't got a frigging clue !!
Not a clue? His explanation without notes of the risk premia for financial institutions, if they lose passporting rights, seemed like he is pretty clued up. The BoE is a financial institution too, so it reassesses risks continuously and he believes the balance of risks has shifted. But he was clear to the Parliamentary committee that Brexit still posed risks.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
Not a clue? His explanation without notes of the risk premia for financial institutions, if they lose passporting rights, seemed like he is pretty clued up. The BoE is a financial institution too, so it reassesses risks continuously and he believes the balance of risks has shifted. But he was clear to the Parliamentary committee that Brexit still posed risks.
but I mean have the passporting risks / trade risks reduced now ? why and how ?
Old 12-01-2017, 10:39 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOisin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
There isn't one reason, there is a multiple of reasons. What do you think I have got wrong?
Old 12-01-2017, 10:43 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I've read on here everything from house prices to having a more sovereign parliament, with a bit of anti austerity thrown in. Quite apart from jobs, housing and the general anti-immigration sentiment.

Are you saying you understand so easily why people voted Leave? Pray tell that you speak for so many.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
There isn't one reason, there is a multiple of reasons. What do you think I have got wrong?
you seemed to think Brexit voters would be happy with firms being charged 1000 per EU employee. Brexit voters wanted no FoM so not sure anyone would have wanted a tax on EU workers ?
Old 12-01-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
I've read on here everything from house prices to having a more sovereign parliament, with a bit of anti austerity thrown in. Quite apart from jobs, housing and the general anti-immigration sentiment.

Are you saying you understand so easily why people voted Leave? Pray tell that you speak for so many.
see above
Old 12-01-2017, 11:00 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
you seemed to think Brexit voters would be happy with firms being charged 1000 per EU employee. Brexit voters wanted no FoM so not sure anyone would have wanted a tax on EU workers ?
Let's be absolutely clear here. Why people voted for Brexit is no longer a concern for anyone outside of government. Our PM has decided that it is up to her and her small team to decide what the vote meant and what it will mean. What you or I may or may not think is completely irrelevant. You'll get what you are given. The intention appears to be that even parliament will get zero say beyond voting on article 50. Zero say.

Unless someone can stop her, that is.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 12-01-2017 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:10 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'll again argue your point. Strike law, minimum wages etc are the preserve for the national government and the EU doesn't really have a huge say. So your view is that the EU helps the UK be shielded from a right wing government (that the people of the UK voted in.)

That's a pretty poor reason to stay in the EU if I may say. And even if leaving emboldens the Right, well, that is for the people of the UK to agree with or not and battle against.

If you are talking generally about the resurgence of the right in this country and how crap it will be for ordinary people - well, you are of course utterly correct.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:11 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here

Looks like the Austrian centre left chancellor is coming out with stronger stuff that we had in Britain. The right to hire local workers first unless there are no suitable candidates and he is accusing Eastern European countries of exporting their unemployment to Austria?
Old 12-01-2017, 11:15 AM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Quote:
I can only think this may make some kind of sense if before the hard exit, there was a transitional agreement, to keep firms from hiring on mass before the doors shut.

Obviously it wouldn't work anyway, so pointless.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Let's be absolutely clear here. Why people voted for Brexit is no longer a concern for anyone outside of government. Our PM has decided that it is up to her and her small team to decide what the vote meant and what it will mean. What you or I may or may not think is completely irrelevant. You'll get what you are given. The intention appears to be that even parliament will get zero say beyond voting on article 50. Zero say.

Unless someone can stop her, that is.
sounds fine by me but there will be lots of discussion in Parliament
Old 12-01-2017, 11:35 AM
Wasn't me

Quote:
I don't think Brexit voters would be happy with that. I imagine some would, some wouldn't and some will be indifferent. Charging for a visa is ending FOM. Or do you think Brexit voters want no foreign workers?
Old 12-01-2017, 11:36 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
sounds fine by me but there will be lots of discussion in Parliament
but absent a vote they might as well be discussing it on here.

I do find it genuinely astonishing that people are cool with the way the government are acting (irrespective of the subject matter). We have a government essentially bypassing parliamnet on the most important political issue of my lifetime.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 12-01-2017 at 11:40 AM.