Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:26 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
see Pubs for West Ham thread: To view the link you have to Register or Login
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 12-01-2017, 07:31 AM

Groinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
see Pubs for West Ham thread: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Thanks buddy....
Old 13-01-2017, 03:31 PM

RobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The last time I went to the Olympic Stadium I saw Usain Bolt arrive on track in a tank.

I think tomorrow may be slightly different.
Old 14-01-2017, 07:31 AM
Keep St George

King William : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKing William : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKing William : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKing William : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKing William : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKing William : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKing William : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKing William : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKing William : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKing William : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKing William : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCPFC View Post
The last time I went to the Olympic Stadium I saw Usain Bolt arrive on track in a tank.

Last time I went to the Olympic stadium I saw some athletes with disabilities run around.

I think today may be similar

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 14-01-2017, 07:37 AM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCPFC View Post

Haha, me too
Old 14-01-2017, 02:39 PM

Jamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fearJamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fearJamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fearJamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fearJamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fearJamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fearJamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fearJamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fearJamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fearJamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fearJamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fear
In the ground in the lower row 19 and seats are the view is excellent. Wouldn't want be be in the upper though, so far back from the pitch.
Old 14-01-2017, 06:02 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
What a truly awful 'football' ground.

If we ever ended up somewhere like that, I would give it all up.
Old 14-01-2017, 06:33 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What a terrible experience. Miles away from pitch. Huge distance between tiers. Sent us miles on circular journey to station. Got kettled for 20 minutes next to station. Sent us back round, got kettled some more. Finally got to station nearly an hour after leaving. Got to King's Cross 20 minutes later than we do from Selhurst despite train journey taking only 6 minutes from Stratford International to St Pancras. Absolute travesty of a stadium with disgraceful policing. Never again.
Old 14-01-2017, 06:46 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Without doubt the worst away experience I've had. Give me watching us lose to Cambridge away on that tiny terrace, in the snow, on a Friday night over that any day.

There's such a gap between lower and upper tier that it feels completely disjointed then after the game you get marched round the stadium by the police which turns out to be a group of both palace and west ham and then the same group is held outside the station for ******* ages whilst 14 year olds in flat caps who've not even started shaving hurl abuse thinking they're the ICF.

Finally got on a train at 17:55. Utter wank
Old 14-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Was in very front row of Upper Tier - wasn't as bad a view as I thought, hated the gap between Upper and Lower tier though - totally broke up vocal support. Thought the concourse and facilities were very poor for a 'state of the art' new ground. Luckily the away end was perfectly aligned to where we had parked for free (Bow) so not too far to walk, and very quick getaway by car onto the A12.

Feel sorry for their fans though, we don't have to go there every week. Selhurst Park (even undeveloped) every time over that place.

Least said about the second half the better.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 14-01-2017, 07:19 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
I'd rather spend more money on travelling to Stoke, and I have, than spend money on visiting this place. Dreadful club from top to bottom and a poor venue to watch a game of football.
Old 14-01-2017, 08:13 PM

Martinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That was the most soulless dispiriting place I've ever been to in terms of league grounds. I don't usually say never again but I really don't want to be there again in the future it was the epitome of what is going wrong with the corporate and foreign takeover besmirching our game
Old 14-01-2017, 08:22 PM

west eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not that impressed to be honest, the gap in the seats is awful and to think they have a 99yr lease on the place, how they managed to spend £750m on a block and girder bowl is beyond me, and don't get me started on the mini marathon to get back to the station.
Old 14-01-2017, 08:23 PM

laths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Telescopes were not evident in the upper , but by Christ they weee needed
Old 14-01-2017, 08:30 PM

CPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The most awful away experience I have ever had, it took an hour from leaving the ground to cover a 5 minute walk to Stafford int station, constantly stopped and penned in by the police. A truly awful place which I will never visit again.

Someone mentioned stoke earlier in the thread, absolutely brilliant for the away supporters.
Old 14-01-2017, 08:59 PM

ben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Said to the friends I was with, the worse away ground I have been to (and that was at half time before the real shit set in). Soulless ground. It's not set up for it to be a football stadium. The gaps between the stands is awful and likewise the same between the dugouts and pitch. The walk form Stratford to the stadium was totally unnecessary. Also, never seen so many police at a game. Felt like a waste of resources.
Old 14-01-2017, 09:01 PM
Collecting Palace tat

The view from the front part of the upper wasn't too bad, and I presume from the lower it was pretty normal view wise, if you can get over the crappy 'bridges' to the seats, the tarpaulins trying to hide what a botch job it really is, and the whole overall 'scaffold stand at Gillingham' type experience.

There are nearer stations than Stratford, and free street parking with a quick getaway if you don't mind an approx. 15 min walk.

But agree, this is what happens when greedy owners get it wrong on a major scale.

Simply staggering that the conversion cost so much, when the basics, such as the distances from the Upper Tier to the pitch are so fundamentally wrong.

Any stadium consultant could have forseen what it would have been like, but they ploughed on with it regardless.

Pudding Mill Lane DLR for example will be fully done up fairly soon, and will be a handy alternative, but ultimately the DLR has a tiny capacity compared to 'proper' trains and isn't the solution.

Old 14-01-2017, 10:54 PM
Registered User?

Joooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was right near the front of the lower and before the game I thought it seemed fairly impressive.

But even being that 'close', it still felt really detached from everything.
Old 14-01-2017, 11:11 PM

Odds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Pudding Mill Lane DLR for example will be fully done up fairly soon, and will be a handy alternative, but ultimately the DLR has a tiny capacity compared to 'proper' trains and isn't the solution.
Pudding Mill Lane worked well in both directions today - 40 mins from East Croydon to Stadium and the same back, with long breaks at Canary Wharf in
both directions.....
Old 15-01-2017, 08:59 AM
Palace hero.

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
We drank at the crosse keys pub near leadenhall market then got the DLR to pudding mill lane.Very easy journey.