Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS - RIP Chocky  

Go Back   CPFC BBS - RIP Chocky » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-01-2017, 02:29 PM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003 View Post
Just out of genuine interest, what is everyone's problem with the £18? Is it:

a) You feel Palace are ripping you off
b) You can't afford it
c) Other Clubs are charging less
d) It's 'just' Bolton

How would you feel if you knew all the gate money was going to Bolton (who, apparently, are losing £800,000 a month)?
A, C & D.

Because the SE7 club do a £5 a game a season I think it's time we do one. I really think the crowd would be above 20k, even without kids going due to it being a night game.

I wouldn't care if we gave the gate money to Bolton as long as us fans have been looked after first.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:03 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Are you sure? I think both teams have to agree...

I could well be wrong here. Hearing this on 3rd hand information. Palace wanted to charge £12. Bolton complained because they charged more. FA said we should charge the same if they can't agree. As I said, could be wrong.
Read the thread. Been pointed out numerous times the prices is purely set by home side. Who ever said Palace wanted to charge £12 is lying. Because if they wanted they could.

Reading were so upset with Man Utds pricing they subsidised all their fans who went to Old Trafford.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:19 PM

nicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Its been pointed out that price is set by the home side. However the only official information i've found that says this is clearly about the original tie and does not mention the replay.
In any event it is feasible that Bolton asked CPFC to charge the same for the replay as the original tie. I guess we'll never know.

Due to the excess whinging on this forum, unfortunately we don't get the feedback on these things that we used to from SB.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:35 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknackpalace View Post

Due to the excess whinging on this forum, unfortunately we don't get the feedback on these things that we used to from SB.
I think SB or SP could put all this to bed with a single post as they have done with who owns the club which shows they will still post if they want to.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:34 PM

Am Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can put it to bed with a single post:

Greed, lack of thought, small picture mentality, insular thinking and have lost the sense of what it is like to be a fan on the ground.

They have turned into Mr Burns.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:37 PM
Yowzer!

Ade 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
£20 (£18) is fine for a 1st team game if we are taking it seriously, but is excessive if we put out the reserves IMO.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:51 PM

eagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A, C and D.

It is the principle of A and C mainly as to why I am not going. I said to myself I would pay £15 for the replay and yes it may sound stubborn of me to not pay £18 but its the greed that annoys me.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:55 PM

Johnny Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnny Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnny Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnny Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnny Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnny Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnny Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnny Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnny Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnny Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnny Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
How about 40 loyalty points for the game? Not that we're going to have another FAC run this year is it?
Old 11-01-2017, 10:11 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
It's incredible the excuses that people make for the club's poor decisions. The desperate clutching at straws is baffling, but also very amusing.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:48 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
To be honest I'm fed up with both myself and others continually slagging our club off for all the various issues. In this case, although it may be slightly overpriced, everyone has a choice whether they choose to go or not. I probably won't go but in the scheme of things it's no big deal either way.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:54 AM
thanks for coming

laggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
Anyone else not too sure what to do here?
I hate missing any Palace home game and I can't remember the last time I missed any home game (inc league and fa cup games) that I was physically able to attend.
But I'm really not sure on this one, it seems one pisstake too many.
I'm lucky that the £18 isn't going to effect me , I can afford to go but do I want to go?
Now a fool and his money is easily partied and when it comes to Palace I'm very much the fool.
But it's just another example of how the club has changed lately for the worse, if Lincoln can charge £10, and they don't have a £100m turnover ) why can't we?

All my other Palace mates are not going by the looks of it, nor are a lot of people by the looks of this thread.

It's not even really the money, just the principal of the whole thing. Plus a board member trying to justify the pricing by posting an incorrect FA law earlier on in the thread.
chief I'm in the same boat. this is a piss take by the club. I would have attended but know very few who are. so you pay your £18 or £20, get a shocking atmosphere (and possibly another below par performance) in the freezing cold with the added nightmare of a light show. the more who boycott the more the board will have to take note
Old 12-01-2017, 01:26 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
National League games (Division 5) cost about 15 quid and wimbledon Sutton in the same FA Cup is about 20 quid, whats the big deal?
Old 12-01-2017, 01:42 AM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
National League games (Division 5) cost about 15 quid and wimbledon Sutton in the same FA Cup is about 20 quid, whats the big deal?
They need the money, we need to build the fan base and be respectful to the current fans.

The clubs you mentioned field full strength squads. Liverpool didn't and charged from £9. We're not fielding a full strength squad.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
Plus a board member trying to justify the pricing by posting an incorrect FA law earlier on in the thread.
Which poster is a board member?
Old 12-01-2017, 03:46 AM

hdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace charged £20 for non-members for this season's home League Cup tie with Blackpool.

Season ticket holders were charged £15 in advance, Concessions were £10.

Prices for non season ticket holders and non members.

Adult - £20.00
Concession - £10.00 (Senior, Young adult 18-21 & U-18)

Read more at To view the link you have to Register or Login

I cannot remember a post of this size moaning about ticket prices for this game.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:31 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC since 1989 View Post
Which poster is a board member?
Poster is alluding to the post by Wandsworth Eagle, which is Steve Browett's son Ben.

EDIT: post #173

Suggestion being that the post may have been made by SB using his son's account, (to attempt to correct the negativity on here over how the price was set). SB has in the past admitted using the Wandsworth Eagle account himself (very accidentally) a VERY long time ago (many, many years) before the CPFC2010 account existed and when he (SB) was a 'normal' Palace fan - eg see the very'expert' posts on real ale pubs and beers made by Wandsworth Eagle in 2005 when Ben would have been 12/13!!!

Ultimately people all have their own theories on how the price may have been set, but ultimately have to decide themselves if they want to pay it or not. It's not going to change now.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 12-01-2017 at 06:54 AM. Reason: reference to post number and rewrite
Old 12-01-2017, 12:12 PM

liberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
so, if we see the lowest ever selhurst fa cup attendance, will the board do the decent thing?

ie come on here with a single post
:"We were on it like a car bonnet in 2010, by 2017 we lost the plot"
Old 12-01-2017, 01:18 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
It's incredible the excuses that people make for the club's poor decisions. The desperate clutching at straws is baffling, but also very amusing.
The nicknackpalace post a few above yours is classic.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:29 PM

MikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
I cannot remember a post of this size moaning about ticket prices for this game.
It's just a vehicle for people's continuing agendas.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:47 PM
Grrrrrrr.......

Ev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC since 1989 View Post
A, C & D.

Because the SE7 club do a £5 a game a season I think it's time we do one. I really think the crowd would be above 20k, even without kids going due to it being a night game.

I wouldn't care if we gave the gate money to Bolton as long as us fans have been looked after first.
PMSL. We wouldn't get that if it was free to get in.

They may not be perfect but that's why CPFC2010 are in charge and you're not.