Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 11-01-2017, 01:23 PM

swissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
The new Harry Potter World at Universal Studios beats anything at the Magic Kingdom. You can ride the Hogwarts express between the Parks (quite amazing) and the rides are brilliant even the queues are fun. If you are going at peak time and not staying at one of the Universal resorts, it might be worth paying for a Universal Express ticket. Express queues at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure are usually a maximum of 15 minutes long . This is especially worth while if you are only planning to spend a day at Universal. You can buy these in advance, or in the Parks when you arrive. The price varies depending upon the crowd levels.

Just remember that fast pass isn't avail for Potter World, I found at peak days, summer holidays for example even fast pass at Universal could be half an hour on highlight rides - they oversell them.

Of course if you have the money you can get a private tour and not queue for anything
Old 11-01-2017, 01:38 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
We found the queuing at Universal a nightmare, even with their Fast Passes.

This was in summer 2015.

They are overselling and spoiling the experience....much preferred Universal years ago.

Last edited by Yoda; 11-01-2017 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 02:03 PM

Eaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If you're that way inclined, uber is ridiculously cheap in Orlando. I used to travel from my hotel on International Drive to the Disney parks for between $12 - $18 each way depending on which park it was. Really good value when you weight it up against the cost of parking.
Old 11-01-2017, 02:11 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil the Eagle View Post
I'm there next week, but to be fair we've done the theme parks to death. It's all about the Space Coast these days. Orlando only for the soccer and Clermont parkrun.
I largely agree. I have season Passes for both Disney and Universal (which provide free parking), but enjoy going for a few hours a couple of times during my stay and love the sports and simply relaxing by the pool. A couple of years ago, I had Season passes for the Bucs - but gave these up just before they started being good again.

Cocoa Beach used to be horrible, but it's much nicer now. If you have the time, travelling south to the Florida Keys is well worth doing (although it's a lot further than it first appears, a good 4/5 hour drive from Orlando).
Old 11-01-2017, 02:12 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Travel at the front of the plane to avoid uncomfortable eye contact with BBSrs
Old 11-01-2017, 04:02 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We always do... none of that turning right nonsense

'Bono ain't the new messiah
Michael Jackson is a liar'
Old 11-01-2017, 04:23 PM
XXVII

RUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Next time, why not consider hiring a Villa instead of paying a massive premium to stay at a Disney hotel? This is our Villa, available at a discount to genuine Palace fans:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I travel to Orlando a couple of times each year, and am always happy to answer questions from any other adults like me who are really just big kids and love theme parks. Just send me a PM and I will be glad to give whatever advice I can.
James, is the pool at your villa South facing??
Old 11-01-2017, 05:19 PM
XXVII

little al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
James, are those prices the going rate? They seem bloody cheap to me, but I have never been.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:38 PM

swissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Travel at the front of the plane to avoid uncomfortable eye contact with BBSrs
I prefer using Netjets these days, then I don't have to be in contact with anyone - much nicer
Old 11-01-2017, 06:20 PM

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSELL View Post
James, is the pool at your villa South facing??
The Villa is on the South West side of the lake. However, south facing isn't really relevant in a sub-tropical region like Florida. I was at To view the link you have to Register or Login in the week before Christmas, when it was unseasonably hot, and the sun was over the pool for almost all the day.

We have a covered area next to the pool, with a high speed fan, in case it gets too hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
James, are those prices the going rate? They seem bloody cheap to me, but I have never been.
Yes. We don't make a profit. In fact this year, after the fall in the since Brexit, we are looking at a quite high loss for the year. The idea is to try and get our costs covered. I would rather have the Villa let and occupied throughout the year (which is always is) at a lower rate, rather than change twice as much and have the place empty for half the year. Some might say that it's the opposite approach to Palace's cup repay charging strategy.

The amount depends upon the Season, but the maximum weekly cost would be about 650. Which for a family of 8 works out at 11.50 per night per person. A bit cheaper than a hotel, and you get a private pool and a peaceful andTo view the link you have to Register or Login to live in.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:25 AM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
James, if you can bear another couple of questions from me, how do you stand with regard to Tax in US - notwithstanding the fact you don't make a profit? I understand the UK position, but was wondering what liabilities you might have in US? Is this why it's held within a LLC?

'Bono ain't the new messiah
Michael Jackson is a liar'
Old 12-01-2017, 03:24 PM

I've answered this by PM.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:02 PM
XXVII

little al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
The Villa is on the South West side of the lake. However, south facing isn't really relevant in a sub-tropical region like Florida. I was at To view the link you have to Register or Login in the week before Christmas, when it was unseasonably hot, and the sun was over the pool for almost all the day.

We have a covered area next to the pool, with a high speed fan, in case it gets too hot!

Yes. We don't make a profit. In fact this year, after the fall in the since Brexit, we are looking at a quite high loss for the year. The idea is to try and get our costs covered. I would rather have the Villa let and occupied throughout the year (which is always is) at a lower rate, rather than change twice as much and have the place empty for half the year. Some might say that it's the opposite approach to Palace's cup repay charging strategy.

The amount depends upon the Season, but the maximum weekly cost would be about 650. Which for a family of 8 works out at 11.50 per night per person. A bit cheaper than a hotel, and you get a private pool and a peaceful andTo view the link you have to Register or Login to live in.
I think that is a fantastic price for what you have there, lovely place.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:23 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Indeed a good price but there is way more property to rent than punters in Florida. You can get obscene value for money.

Looking at place with its own fishing jetty, manatees etc for not much more in July.

Bet it rains again mind.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:23 PM

CamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We have a place over there (nowhere near as grand) and we have to pay 12% sales tax on rentals. We generally make a small profit on the place but don't pay any US income tax on it because you can throw in every cost you can think of, including your own (ahem) 'inspection visits'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil the Eagle View Post
James, if you can bear another couple of questions from me, how do you stand with regard to Tax in US - notwithstanding the fact you don't make a profit? I understand the UK position, but was wondering what liabilities you might have in US? Is this why it's held within a LLC?
Old 12-01-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamberleyEagle View Post
We have a place over there (nowhere near as grand) and we have to pay 12% sales tax on rentals. We generally make a small profit on the place but don't pay any US income tax on it because you can throw in every cost you can think of, including your own (ahem) 'inspection visits'.
Quite - and that's very much what I said the Neil in my PM!

The 12% is a combination of Sales and Tourist Taxes. You can indeed set off the cost of travelling to the Villa a few times each year, for inspections and maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Indeed a good price but there is way more property to rent than punters in Florida. You can get obscene value for money.
Looking at place with its own fishing jetty, manatees etc for not much more in July.
Bet it rains again mind.
It's a competitive market, and having things like a lake with fishing (as we do) definitely helps. We supply fishing equipment.

Our Villa is an a very quiet and peaceful part of Kissimmee, although very close by car - 8 minutes - to the Magic Kingdom. However, later in 2017, the area is being transformed as a three acre swimmable lagoon is being built within a 15 minute walk, which will be surrounded by sand beaches and used for paddle-boarding, snorkelling and water sports. Personally, I'm not too keen on the idea, but I have been told by the locals that the scheme will dramatically increase rentals (and Villa prices).
Old 12-01-2017, 05:38 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on To view the link you have to Register or Login.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 12-01-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on To view the link you have to Register or Login.
Hey - I remember writing that!
Old 13-01-2017, 07:16 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

No you bloody did not.

It's the standard template in the forum software.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 13-01-2017, 07:24 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
And I believed him DOH

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ