Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 09:53 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Really don't get the whole 'no end product Bolasie comments'. I forgot that over the recent years we have had so many players who are as physically commanding and direct as him and have been able to pop up with goals such as Watford FA Cup Semi, ripping Liverpool apart regularly, his cross for Zahas goal against Brighton in the playoffs. The threat he offered, or according to people on this site, 'apparent threat' prevented teams doubling up on him or Wilf. As a pair it worked beautifully.

As for the poor mans Bolasie title, this is something I would take right now. The position we find ourselves is, we currently hold Townsend we have a 'poor mans' Keiron Dijali and not to mention A poor mans Andy Dorman 'Jordon Mutch'.

Schlupp is the exact sort of player we need. Is 9m plus overpriced. Probably. But compare that to the 120m loss if relegated....
All very well but they have rejected 9M so how much do you think we ahould now offer
Old 10-01-2017, 09:57 AM

Eagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The problem with end product statistics is that they seem to focus entirely on assists and goals. That's not the fair representation of effectiveness.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:59 AM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
What measures effectiveness more effectively than goals scored and wins?
Old 10-01-2017, 09:59 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Anyone we can sign with pace and the ability to get us up the field in this window is a bonus. The left side is utter shite at the moment so Schlupp could only improve it. Hopefully Remy and Benteke can make even a poor final ball into a good one.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:05 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPalace23 View Post
Are Leciester mad? Rejecting 9 million for someone who has started 1 yes 1 game this season!

Also how mad are we?!

What has Schlupp actually achieved in his career. I know he's fast but has he really done anything to merit us bidding for him?
You raise very valid points.
The one that stands out is, will he have the match sharpness that we Will require from any new signing to slot in straight away, as you rightly point out he has barely played for a very long time.
As for the player itself he for me is made for a Wing Back role in a Back Three, and only if complemented with a Left sided CB like Fonte into giving the team balance, they would do a really good job collectively. As for playing in a Flat back 4 he could prove to be another Souare defensive wise, regarding his fee possibly around 12m would secure him as that would seem to be what would be expected, it could be a risky signing, but is a young exciting player with huge promise for that role.
My concern would be, is this the window to take the gamble for reasons i mentioned above.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:24 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
we currently hold Townsend we have a 'poor mans' Keiron Dijali
Old 10-01-2017, 10:45 AM

aj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
All very well but they have rejected 9M so how much do you think we ahould now offer
Without knowing the budget that Allardyce has to spend, it is hard to pluck figures. I would say probably no more than about 12m. Whatever bids that were made, should be made quickly to get him in for Saturday. If we really want him, pay the asking price...

As for:
cdm61 - What measures effectiveness more effectively than goals scored and wins?

I don't think I have ever seen a stat regarding Bolasie in relation to this win percentage when playing. One thing for certain, we lost a lot of games in 2016 without him....

In terms of stats provided for football, goals and assist sare the common measure of a successful player. Whilst they can be an indicator, I suggest people who believe that these are a fool proof indiciator of a players worth read the book Moneyball.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:10 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by leicester1 View Post
hes not a left back in my opinion so yeah I'd go with that Mart....I n todays market 15 million may be about right.........
But left wing back? I feel we are heading that way.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:13 PM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
With the left sided players we are being linked too.. brady schlupp etc I reckon BFS is looking to go with wing backs..
I think you're right. More so, I think BFS is spot on to do so with the squad at his disposal as only a couple of tweaks will be required. Will also free up Wilf to play further forward. Win win.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCoach View Post
I fear we might end up with this very ordinary footballer
If you have that much pace and power, irrespective of how consistent you are or how good you are in possession, you are far from being ordinary.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:30 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
If you have that much pace and power, irrespective of how consistent you are or how good you are in possession, you are far from being ordinary.
I agree with that. I think he'd be a good addition. We don't have enough pace in the team, especially down the left now Souare is out.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:15 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Is he black enough, gf?
Old 10-01-2017, 02:18 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Is he black enough, gf?

Come on gf...
Old 10-01-2017, 02:28 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Is he black enough, gf?
OMG I'm crying
Old 10-01-2017, 02:38 PM

gjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Schlupp reminds me a lot of Jordan Ibe. Who is now warming the bench for Bournemouth after a 15m transfer.

I am not sure what that tells me, other than even average players aren't cheap nowadays.

Its up to SP/SA how much we spend on players and whether players are value for money, not me. I would be pretty happy with Schlupp.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:16 PM
89 pts and EPL ready HAHA

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
So we have made a bid for Schlupp which was rejected, Leicester made a slightly higher bid for Brady which was rejected, we are now apparently preparing bid for Brady rather than Sclupp.
I think Leicester are possibly going to lose out on Brady to us because they rejected that bid for Schlupp as if both clubs rate Brady the better player, we would be better off buying Brady.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:29 PM

bigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglefoz View Post
So we have made a bid for Schlupp which was rejected, Leicester made a slightly higher bid for Brady which was rejected, we are now apparently preparing bid for Brady rather than Sclupp.
I think Leicester are possibly going to lose out on Brady to us because they rejected that bid for Schlupp as if both clubs rate Brady the better player, we would be better off buying Brady.
Sounds about right except.. Leicester will likely match our offer for Brady knowing West Bromwich will go back for scluurpy. Given the choice of us or them I'm not confident he'd come to us unless they didn't assure him starts to begin with.

We'd have to pay Norwich more than Leicester rate him as worth and/or offer him way more money than Leicester. Either way we'd be hideously over paying.

I suspect we've started a game. We want Brady but not in a bidding war and in that case prefer schlupp. Leicester will probably spend more getting Brady in a bidding war than they will get from upping the price of slurpy so.. we'll offer more than they did for Brady expecting it to be rejected and at the same time offer Leicester a slightly improved offer for schlupp and make it clear final offer and that we will go with a much improved offer for Brady if they turn it down and at the very least make him far far more expensive for them if we don't actually get him
Old 10-01-2017, 03:32 PM

bigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The added bonus of that would that we would become by far the preferred destination for him from Leicester's point of view too
Old 10-01-2017, 03:32 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Old 10-01-2017, 03:34 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
The problem with end product statistics is that they seem to focus entirely on assists and goals. That's not the fair representation of effectiveness.
Yep, player A can pass the ball sideways about 3 yards to player B. Player B smashes in a screamer from 30 yards, Player A gets a assist.