Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-01-2017, 12:48 PM

eagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Proven coach. Great appointment.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:48 PM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post

The fans will hound them out sharpish.
No they want, when results are turned around, they will be firmly forgotten in the minority.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:49 PM
My Name Isn't Jono

Jono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAssassin View Post
Great post, as per your last post before that as well. I am far from happy with the appointment of Allardyce and I think it's a massive shame we let Millen go. I think he deserved to of kept some capacity within the club a bit like I remember Kember having when I was younger.
Ah yes, he did so well as our defensive and set piece coach last year
Old 10-01-2017, 12:50 PM

SilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono14 View Post
Apparently it doesn't matter how bad a coach is as long as he's a nice guy with Palace connections **** it. Bring back Salako and Millen some people on here..
Salako questionable why he left but Millen was good enough to last 3 different managerial changes and had been a caretaker. I think it was fair to say he was quite regarded at the club and by the fans.

I don't see why people have such a problem with people having Palace connections if they are good enough for a role within the club. It makes a strong link from fans to players/club management which is lacking at so many clubs but what we had right within the club was individuals that filled those positions. Such as Paddy being given a role with the u18's, I think its fantastic he has been given that role after getting his badges and as I have said elsewhere I think Millen could of quite easily held a role within the club that kept that continuity not just for the fans but the players themselves, done no harm for Swansea *****il recently with Curtis) and us in the past with Kember, in fact when times were tough it was those individuals we looked to and stepped up for the club when needed.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:50 PM

SilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono14 View Post
Ah yes, he did so well as our defensive and set piece coach last year
Didn't do a bad job before that though did he and that was under 4 managers.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:51 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not sure why same fuss wasn't made about Pardew . Assaulting a Hull player , using obscene foul language to Man City manager . If Pardew had assaulted someone on street he would have been up in court . I am not saying I like or dislike Lee or Allardyce , just think we are going a bit over the top .

DarkAngel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDarkAngel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDarkAngel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDarkAngel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDarkAngel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDarkAngel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDarkAngel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDarkAngel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDarkAngel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDarkAngel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDarkAngel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodermalm View Post
How much are tickets behind the dug out for Bolton?

Wasn't intending to go but might be worth the entrance fee to shout abuse to Lee and Allardyce
At 44 years of age, if you have nothing better to do then i feel very sorry for you.

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Not a very original appointment. I guess Allardyce wants to keep things the way he knows. Would have been nice to see a younger man get the role who could one day become manager, e.g, Gary Rowett.

I don't think they will be here very long anyway but there you go.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:52 PM

ANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He is one of the best English coaches great appointment, very experienced worked at top clubs.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:52 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
He will kick the likes of Cabaye and Townsend up the backside. Millen was someone I liked and a good club servant, but you never saw him really shout at the players, .
Why this obsession with some for shouting at players and in public too (so we know about it)?

Perhaps there are other ways of motivating people. JAT.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:53 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
A couple of years back Tomkins got roughed up by a bouncer outside a club and lost the rag. A rozzer got a nudge in the panda car when he was nicked and Tomkins went to court & had to pay a fine.
Well let's face it, we've all done that.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:54 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodermalm View Post
How much are tickets behind the dug out for Bolton?

Wasn't intending to go but might be worth the entrance fee to shout abuse to Lee and Allardyce
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 10-01-2017, 12:55 PM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
Why this obsession with some for shouting at players and in public too (so we know about it)?

Perhaps there are other ways of motivating people. JAT.
It's obvious the players have been on easy street.

Judging from the last performance, their world needs to slightly change,
and someone to ring changes until they wake up. The past year hasn't been acceptable, and yet they still pull that woeful first half against Swansea. Yes motivating people the old way hasn't work.

Hence changes made.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:56 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Another divisive appointment. Great. That will calm everyone down.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:57 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Pardew was not seen as a believable witness in the Newcastle player with Nut cancer case....
In other words nobody believed he was telling the truth in court?
Old 10-01-2017, 01:00 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkie View Post
Nonsensical edit. Are you aware of the court case and who that SL's lies would be pissing off?
You're right, can't see a football agent wanting to deal with Sammy Lee after this.

Unless of course it's a dodgy agent...are there any?
Old 10-01-2017, 01:02 PM

JackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
So nothing to do with ripping off agents and other employment related matters? And no history of serial violence? - No problem with that.
Except one has a criminal record, the other hasn't.

The holier than though attitude amongst our fans is laughable. This is football, it is full of greedy, horrible individuals in the boardroom, on the bench and on the pitch. Always has been, always will be

Get over it.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:03 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
A couple of years back Tomkins got roughed up by a bouncer outside a club and lost the rag. A rozzer got a nudge in the panda car when he was nicked and Tomkins went to court & had to pay a fine.
That's it I want that **** out of my club
Old 10-01-2017, 01:03 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Maybe we can get Lee Bowyer as a coach as well, then we really would have one of the most unlikeable management teams in the league. Maybe Paddy Kenny as goalkeeping coach?
Old 10-01-2017, 01:07 PM

Sodermalm has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sodermalm has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sodermalm has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sodermalm has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sodermalm has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sodermalm has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sodermalm has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sodermalm has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sodermalm has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sodermalm has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sodermalm has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
At 44 years of age, if you have nothing better to do then i feel very sorry for you.
That put a smile on my face