Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 18-01-2019, 04:05 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Oh dear Diane Abbott.. she really does chat shit.. embarrassing
Last night was the only time I've ever seen her shut up completely. The guy from the audience who said that the thing that frightens him more than Brexit is the thread of Abbott as Home Secretary in charge of security and policing deserves a medal.
Old 18-01-2019, 04:10 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
... twitter ...
Well they must be true, then ...
Old 18-01-2019, 04:16 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
Yeah, she's certainly not stupid - she got into Cambridge University in the early 70's which was a huge achievement from someone from her background. Over the last few years she seems very ponderous and stumbles over her words. Definitely something not right.
So where did it all go horribly wrong?
Old 18-01-2019, 04:19 PM
Account disabled

racehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Yes, "no deal" leavers, excessively over represented in the audience last night. Balanced audience? I think not.
Yeh right , as if the BBC are pro-brexit
Old 18-01-2019, 04:21 PM
Account disabled

racehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Returned to usual form tonight sadly. Audience packed full of mid life crisis beer gutted males fresh from the local pub clapping themselves into the disaster that is no deal
Yes these uneducated working class people should not be allowed to vote
Old 18-01-2019, 04:40 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Well they must be true, then ...
I didn't claim it was true.

It is, however, true that Fiona Bruce spoke over Diane Abbott and contradicted her when she (DA) said that Labour were generally level with the Tories in opinion polls (when Isabel Oakeshott had said they were six points behind).

I'm no great fan of Abbott's, but I don't think there can be much dispute that she is treated appallingly.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 18-01-2019, 06:12 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Meanwhile, back in The House of Commons.

The Speaker: "Order, order".
Abbott: "A double cheeseburger, fries and onion rings".
Old 19-01-2019, 04:29 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
A number of accusations of twitter that the pre-show the BBC floor manager stoked up anti-Diane Abbott feelings and that FB made jokes at DA's expense.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Everyone makes jokes at her expense.
Old 19-01-2019, 10:00 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Why isn't this thread in the politics forum?

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 19-01-2019, 10:39 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
She really ought to be taken out of the line of fire for a while. The party must be aware that she is vulnerable. And if she insists on appearing, I'd ensure it wasn't in a place like Derby. What next? Tell her it's a good idea to make an address from a soap box at a shopping precinct in Stoke?
Old 19-01-2019, 10:48 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
She really ought to be taken out of the line of fire for a while. The party must be aware that she is vulnerable. And if she insists on appearing, I'd ensure it wasn't in a place like Derby. What next? Tell her it's a good idea to make an address from a soap box at a shopping precinct in Stoke?

I agree. Interviewers/opposition politicians know sheís wobbly... they capitalise on it. Someone at the Labour Party, should pull her from any kind of interview/discussion and just use her for quotes and one paragraph responses.

Iíve been in her company (briefly) about 10 years ago. I didnít think she was a particularly nice person.
Old 19-01-2019, 10:52 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well yes, these are labour heartlands . You can't pick and choose according to what the public opinion is in an area . If this debate had been in an area where the majority agreed with her I doubt you would have had a problem ? The issue with labour is , they are playing hardball with brexit , and in areas that are strongly leave , they are risking losing votes . The issue of her being fit for purpose is not really up for question, she clearly isn't. This government had just lost a vote by the biggest margin in history, and she dropped the ball. AGAIN..

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 19-01-2019, 10:56 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I agree. Interviewers/opposition politicians know sheís wobbly... they capitalise on it. Someone at the Labour Party, should pull her from any kind of interview/discussion and just use her for quotes and one paragraph responses.

Iíve been in her company (briefly) about 10 years ago. I didnít think she was a particularly nice person.
Most politicians are borderline psychotic. I should imagine she's as self-absorbed as many of her colleagues. Those that I've met share the characteristic of looking right through you, unless you can be of some advantage to them.
Old 19-01-2019, 11:00 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
Well yes, these are labour heartlands . You can't pick and choose according to what the public opinion is in an area . If this debate had been in an area where the majority agreed with her I doubt you would have had a problem ? The issue with labour is , they are playing hardball with brexit , and in areas that are strongly leave , they are risking losing votes . The issue of her being fit for purpose is not really up for question, she clearly isn't. This government had just lost a vote by the biggest margin in history, and she dropped the ball. AGAIN..
These are white working class Labour heartlands, pro-Brexit (even though it's likely to hurt them most), with a sprinkling of undiluted racism.
Old 19-01-2019, 11:12 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
I didn't claim it was true.

It is, however, true that Fiona Bruce spoke over Diane Abbott and contradicted her when she (DA) said that Labour were generally level with the Tories in opinion polls (when Isabel Oakeshott had said they were six points behind).

I'm no great fan of Abbott's, but I don't think there can be much dispute that she is treated appallingly.
Share your conclusion.

Ms Bruce wasn't chosen for her impartiality.
Old 19-01-2019, 11:16 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
Share your conclusion.

Ms Bruce wasn't chosen for her impartiality.
Dimbleby was too impartial at times, for me. Too polite. Robin Day had a bit more vim about him. Bruce is finding her way. She'll ruffle some feathers, which will make for better TV.
Old 19-01-2019, 11:19 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
These are white working class Labour heartlands, pro-Brexit (even though it's likely to hurt them most), with a sprinkling of undiluted racism.
That's not the issue though is it . They are labour heartlands that disagree strongly with Labour's direction ( or lack of) on brexit . Labour voters and not labour members will win the next election . Failing to listen to them is suicide . You think derby is the only labour area pro brexit ?

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 19-01-2019, 11:32 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Dimbleby was too impartial at times, for me. Too polite. Robin Day had a bit more vim about him. Bruce is finding her way. She'll ruffle some feathers, which will make for better TV.
Have to disagree.

Like Steve I'm no fan of Abbott but her treatment was shocking. One would have expected Bruce to be aware of polling - To view the link you have to Register or Login is not exactly new.
Old 19-01-2019, 12:31 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
That's not the issue though is it . They are labour heartlands that disagree strongly with Labour's direction ( or lack of) on brexit . Labour voters and not labour members will win the next election . Failing to listen to them is suicide . You think derby is the only labour area pro brexit ?
Did I say that? Derby was where the programme was broadcast from. Abbott should never have been exposed to that audience. They were on her case from the start. Labour is not getting in at the next election, unless as part of a coalition. And I'd say there's an argument that these are former Labour heartlands - places where Labour should be the natural party of choice, but may no longer be.
Old 21-01-2019, 03:54 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
Diane Abbott has rejected the BBC's response to claims she was poorly treated on Question Time.
The Labour Party lodged a formal complaint with the BBC after she reported she had "never had such a horrible experience" on the show.
The shadow home secretary accused presenter Fiona Bruce of "decidedly unfair" handling and claimed she was wrongly corrected over polling figures.
The BBC said it "firmly" rejects claims any of the panel was treated unfairly.
Ms Abbott said that during Thursday's programme, she was interrupted more than double the number of times Tory MP Rory Stewart was, and was not allowed to respond to a "blatantly abusive remark" from the audience.
She claimed she had also been told that the TV studio audience had been "wound up" against her ahead of broadcast.
Ms Abbott said Ms Bruce did "not appear well briefed" after getting polling figures wrong for Labour standings compared to those of the Conservatives.
A Labour source told the BBC: "The way she was treated on Question Time was unacceptable and fed the hostility towards her.
"We expect the programme to correct inaccuracies, provide a full explanation of what happened during the show's production and to apologise to Diane."
A BBC spokesperson said: "We have received Labour's comments and will respond in due in course."

I think there is a lot in this. Idiots like Boris Johnson are given far more respect. It's cowardly for Bruce to go for Diane Abbott.