Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 05-11-2007, 06:23 PM

Dallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
St. Joseph's College
Beulah Hill
London, SE19 3HL

Ph: (0208) 761 1426
Email: admin@sjcict.com

just sent them a message to say - hey - where is my school re-union invite - it has been 20yrs! and ps is that ghost still around???

Paul
Old 05-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Dallas Eagles
ok - just to make this clear - this thread is about... St Joseph's college - which is on top of that hill where 'buelah hilll' is also the north end of the London Borough of Croydon and it becomes Lambeth I think

Yes also know as Crown point.
oh the days of getting the 196 bus home or walking it back to south Norwood or getting the 68 bus and walking the rest of the way - looking back - those buses were crap - and now - u can stand at a stop and IT TELLS ya when the next bus is coming - so unfair LOL

Any one remember that girl school (uppoer norwood) on the way back to South Norwood the 196/68 bus?
I am try to track down a girl from the old days - liz harris.

Paul
Lady Edrich school?

many a happy memory getting the 196 and changing at NJ for the 12a to take me home to Woodside, or getting the 68 into Croydon and getting a different bus home.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:35 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Dallas Eagles
ok - just to make this clear - this thread is about... St Joseph's college - which is on top of that hill where 'buelah hilll' is also the north end of the London Borough of Croydon and it becomes Lambeth I think

Yes also know as Crown point.
oh the days of getting the 196 bus home or walking it back to south Norwood or getting the 68 bus and walking the rest of the way - looking back - those buses were crap - and now - u can stand at a stop and IT TELLS ya when the next bus is coming - so unfair LOL

Any one remember that girl school (uppoer norwood) on the way back to South Norwood the 196/68 bus?
I am try to track down a girl from the old days - liz harris.

Paul
Nope, can't help you there Dallas - I think the girls school you might be thinking about is Westwood.

I had an art teacher at SJC called Di Harris, who was a Commonwealth Games Gold Medal winner (at swimming - breastroke!).

Seem to remember the school discos we had were attended by the Coloma Girls
Old 05-11-2007, 06:42 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Chillo
Lady Edrich school?

many a happy memory getting the 196 and changing at NJ for the 12a to take me home to Woodside, or getting the 68 into Croydon and getting a different bus home.
Lady Edridge! That used to be the girls school that was situated behind the 'Old Stand' at Selhurst Park!

My missus used to go there when she was a kid - she said she used to chat to Palace players like Billy Gilbert and Kenny Sansom through the fence!

They demolished the school in the early 80's and Croydon Council gave planning permission to those house that are there now - preventing Palace from redeveloping SP into a bigger capacity - DOH!
Old 05-11-2007, 06:49 PM

Dallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
No - I think it was something like westwood girl school

on spurgeon avenue - anyone know it??

Paul
Old 05-11-2007, 06:49 PM

Anerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
My Great Uncle was a teacher at St Joseph's.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:54 PM

my brother just emailed me...

go to To view the link you have to Register or Login

pest them about a school re-union for us over seas folks!!

Paul
Old 05-11-2007, 07:03 PM
On the Tory right !

Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Many moons ago I was in conversation with band leader 'Ken Mackintosh' who stated that his son 'Andrew' attended this establishment.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:09 PM

ClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trendClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trendClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trendClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trendClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trendClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trendClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trendClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trendClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trendClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trendClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trend
Quote:
Originally posted by Trolley
Many moons ago I was in conversation with band leader 'Ken Mackintosh' who stated that his son 'Andrew' attended this establishment.
Bet that was a short conversation - Ken wasn't the most cheerful of chappies, bless him. Still, didn't know Andy was there.

I was there though. Same year as Dallas Eagles.... hmmm.....
Old 05-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Seen your member

nicebutdim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenicebutdim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenicebutdim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenicebutdim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenicebutdim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenicebutdim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenicebutdim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenicebutdim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenicebutdim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenicebutdim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenicebutdim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Is that the one near Blackheath?

I knew a few people who went there.

Adam and Andrew Watson, both good rugby players.
Micky harris
The Costello brothers
St Josephs near Blackheath is pretty much a spawning ground for rude boys now (allegedly) - the thought of James Mitchell ever having attended such a school is enough to make one soil one's undergarments with mirth!

www.topdrivinginstructor.co.uk
Old 05-11-2007, 07:15 PM
On the Tory right !

Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I also recall engaging in conversation with dear 'Deryck Guyler' many, many moons ago and I have a feint recollection of him stating that he played the 'Washboard' at a musical event at the school and that his son attended this establishment.

Dear 'Deryck' used to be resident in 'Norbury' and on occasions read the 'Lesson' at St Bartholomew's Catholic Church in 'Streatham'.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:17 PM

nickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I went there. Left in '79 ish.

Most famous old boy is Roddy McDowell aka Galen from Planet of the Apes
"In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michaelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace - and what did they produce? The cuckoo clock."
Old 05-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by CP Satellite
I had an art teacher at SJC called Di Harris, who was a Commonwealth Games Gold Medal winner (at swimming - breastroke!).

She was my art teacher as well - what years were you there CP?
Old 05-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Anyone interested in taking a BBS table for the SJC Old Boys' reunion next year?

Last year we had Neil Ruddock as the guest speaker and it was worth the price just to watch some of the older monks squirm as he told some of his ruder anecdotes.

The best bit was when one of my contemporaries stood up at the end and proposed a toast to all those who had been buggered by Brother S****** in the 1960's.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:37 PM

Uncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the Liffey
Quote:
Originally posted by nickmurphy30
I went there. Left in '79 ish.

Most famous old boy is Roddy McDowell aka Galen from Planet of the Apes
Last week I was watching an old episode of The Ed Sullivan Show which included the British comedian Dickie Henderson.He was an SJC pupil.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:13 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
I was there 70-74 when it was a proper Catholic bigotted bastard of a place. I was not allowed to continue there because of my family's non Catholic faith (Jock proddies) so I had to piss off, then a few years later the school is overrun with dark big lipped hoodies who terrorised people at the bus stops until the headmaster would come out a give them a jolly telling orf, and muslim pakistanis.

Fck the place but RIP Jonah, a good Welshman who simply loved to belittle children because they didn't learn their catechisms from a book that had to be bought by the parents. I never ever got a blue or white 'testimonial' though. And Mrs Mustoe, with her mini skirts was the first woman I ever fancied, I was 8 and in the Lower First. She gave me detention once just before lunch I had been talking in class, she told me to stay behind after, the bitch buggered off to the lunch hall and forgot about me, first time I was ever stood up.

I may well have been the first child to piss in his satchel as well, a year later in the Upper First, during end of the day's prayers.

I remember a few kids being foreigners of Catholic faith names like:
Mark Wispianski - Polish
Laurence De Vaz
Julio Montavo - Bolivian
Derek Royce - who I thought was the first black kid ever to enter England, he went back to Jamaica apparently
Steven Sebastianelli & Giovani Percivalde - Italian

Then there was Graham Green - shot his friend's family then shot himself in Selsdon

British Bulldog fights down the bottom of the yard

Mr Bonnard swimming teacher, Mr Wire, gym instructor. Brother Charles, chess playing big red nosed alchy. And James knows all about Brother Solomon, he's just had the stitches out after all these years

I was only a wee boy but it turned me off religion for good, evil feckin hypocritical scummers.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 05-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by nicebutdim
St Josephs near Blackheath is pretty much a spawning ground for rude boys now (allegedly) - the thought of James Mitchell ever having attended such a school is enough to make one soil one's undergarments with mirth!
Well, they had to do something after having to walk through Lewisham in bright green blazers.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign (satire)
Old 05-11-2007, 08:24 PM
ValetingMan - (Unretired)

deanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I left SJC in 1999.

Quote "CPFCBBS" and get 10% off any booking!
Old 05-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Still Lurking the BBS

Stanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Chillo
Lady Edrich school?

The "Lady" Edridge girls used to get on the 154/157/75 buses to West Croydon from the top of Clifton Road and their language could be quite appalling. Even us Stanley Boys on our way home to New Addington on the same buses were disgusted and appalled.
We were frequently embarrassed by their sexual inuendo and teasing.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Walkin' in rhythm

Cucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCucking Funt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I, too, was polluted by this excuse for an educational establishment. Was there 73-78 and, I have to say, I'm shocked no-one has mentioned the monster that was Bro. James.

Anyone mention the name Dermot Riordan and I deny all knowledge.