Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 25-11-2016, 09:48 AM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Knight View Post
But without a ginger wanker & a yank

I enjoyed it

It was what I have come to expect from those 3, Hammonds face when driving the Mclaren made me chuckle + typical Ferrari not allowed to do this or that! I was surprised they allowed the time to be shown! (although it didnt come last, I bet if it had they wouldn't have allowed it)

It will get better
My comment was meant as praise, not criticism.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign (satire)
Old 25-11-2016, 09:59 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
I thought it was a load of shit this week, I was bored

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 26-11-2016, 06:39 AM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
anyone else reckon Top Gear might be better than this now LeBlanc, Harris and Reid have a whole series, mistakes to learn from and lots of time to plan ahead for it? Despite the shit parts there was potential there and room to innovate more than TGT seems to be (this week's ep was so tired). If they make the most of Chris Harris they will be fine. His youtube videos are just something else, the man lives and breathes cars.

I think the CHM fanboys would never admit it was better if it was the case. Most wrote off the reboot before the first episode. Reading the Grand Tour's subreddit the criticism is starting already. I don't think anyone expected it to be this similar to TG
Old 26-11-2016, 08:45 AM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
The people writing off TG before it even launched weren't CHM fan boys, go read the Top Gear thread for proof.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign (satire)
Old 26-11-2016, 01:11 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
The people writing off TG before it even launched weren't CHM fan boys, go read the Top Gear thread for proof.
sorry, I didn't mean on the BBS
Old 26-11-2016, 02:35 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
This week:

Top Gear on a real life Call of Duty map. Clarkson gets bummed by a terrorist and May shot the VIP in the head.

And Charlize Theron got eaten by a lion.
Old 26-11-2016, 03:46 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
I thought it was a load of shit this week, I was bored
Agree with that. Watched it last night, the hostage rescue shit was shit.

If the series continues in this vein, can't see another series being made.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 27-11-2016, 10:28 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
have to say as much as i enjoyed the first, the second was awful. The whole hostage thing was so dull and not remotely funny. forgot i was watching a car show
Old 28-11-2016, 03:50 AM

Halftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
anyone else reckon Top Gear might be better than this now LeBlanc, Harris and Reid have a whole series, mistakes to learn from and lots of time to plan ahead for it? Despite the shit parts there was potential there and room to innovate more than TGT seems to be (this week's ep was so tired). If they make the most of Chris Harris they will be fine. His youtube videos are just something else, the man lives and breathes cars.

I think the CHM fanboys would never admit it was better if it was the case. Most wrote off the reboot before the first episode. Reading the Grand Tour's subreddit the criticism is starting already. I don't think anyone expected it to be this similar to TG
I would say with those presenters its going to need to fundamentally change the kind of program it is. The last series just dropped significantly less entertaining presenters into basically the same format that really had become rather tired even with CHM. A more serious car program is realistically never likely to come close to the popularity of the CHM years either, just look at 5th gear.

Personally I think the whole thing was mismanaged terribly by the BBC, a load of supposedly "safe" choices that really didn't show much understanding of the program they were dealing with at all. If they wanted to carry on with the same format then really they should have been looking for presenters who have some kind of comic chemistry, personally I still think Coogan/Brydon could have worked well.
Old 28-11-2016, 04:12 AM
Swollen Member

Twilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halftime Gold View Post
I would say with those presenters its going to need to fundamentally change the kind of program it is. The last series just dropped significantly less entertaining presenters into basically the same format that really had become rather tired even with CHM. A more serious car program is realistically never likely to come close to the popularity of the CHM years either, just look at 5th gear.

Personally I think the whole thing was mismanaged terribly by the BBC, a load of supposedly "safe" choices that really didn't show much understanding of the program they were dealing with at all. If they wanted to carry on with the same format then really they should have been looking for presenters who have some kind of comic chemistry, personally I still think Coogan/Brydon could have worked well.
Basically The Trip, but less food and more cars? I'd watch it.
Old 28-11-2016, 08:33 AM
A source of real news

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Bored by the Live, Die, Repeat nonsense, could've done without that.
Old 28-11-2016, 10:24 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Bored by the Live, Die, Repeat nonsense, could've done without that.
Agreed

SaulAlinsky
Old 28-11-2016, 11:34 AM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
Think Grand Tour is now an excercise in 'how much money can we spend on each episode' rather than a car programme.

Bar the S8 part of the 'exercise' i fail to see how 30 mins of the show was in the slightest bit relevant to any petrolhead.

The celebrity dying part is utter shit, and the american needs to be dropped ASAP. Yes its an american show, get a real nascar driver in the seat rather than some fat twat who just says 'communist' repeatedly.

Not entirely sure why they are on Tour either - would have made sense to do a film based in south africa for the episode, not Jordan! They could just record it all in a studio in Leeds given how little the location had to do with the episode.

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.
Old 28-11-2016, 11:56 AM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
2nd show was truly awful, how on earth did the producers allow that hostage rescue stuff take up so much of the show - was good for a max 10 mins not 30
Old 28-11-2016, 03:11 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
2nd show shite just to get the poor stuff out of the way early. Expect next weeks to be better.

Just shocked Sky, or ITV didnt employ Clarkson, May and Hammond for a Top Gear rip off.
Old 28-11-2016, 05:19 PM

Halftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
-

Last edited by Halftime Gold; 28-11-2016 at 05:26 PM.
Old 28-11-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilko View Post
Basically The Trip, but less food and more cars? I'd watch it.
Yeah, minus the impressions, seems like it would translate well to cars as well with Coogan as the fancy dan supercar lover and Bydon preffering more down to earth family cars and actually being the better driver.

Really CHM are doing a lower brow version of the Trip anyway, playing up over the top persona's of themselves.
Old 28-11-2016, 06:35 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
2nd show shite just to get the poor stuff out of the way early. Expect next weeks to be better.

Just shocked Sky, or ITV didnt employ Clarkson, May and Hammond for a Top Gear rip off.
I think Amazon have the chops to outbid either
Old 28-11-2016, 06:50 PM
looking to curl one!!!!

Dingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
From that second episode, it does seem that now they have a massive budget for each episode and they feel they have to spend it. The latest episode was so OTT, the show is in danger of becoming a parody of itself. For me, Top Gear was at its best when they were forced to do things on a budget, like trying to convert 3 old bangers into aquatic cars or the like. I hope we get to see some similar stuff on TGT, if we don't i'd say they've missed one of the fundamental elements that made the old Top Gear so funny.
Old 29-11-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingle View Post
From that second episode, it does seem that now they have a massive budget for each episode and they feel they have to spend it. The latest episode was so OTT, the show is in danger of becoming a parody of itself. For me, Top Gear was at its best when they were forced to do things on a budget, like trying to convert 3 old bangers into aquatic cars or the like. I hope we get to see some similar stuff on TGT, if we don't i'd say they've missed one of the fundamental elements that made the old Top Gear so funny.
I actually felt though that side of things was what had become overplayed, they'd done A-team style rebuilds so many times it was just repeating itself. For the last few years on the BBC I think it was the travel specials that kept the interest high, the giveaway being they didn't need to resort to anti PC baiting in those episodes.