Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 31-12-2018, 01:26 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
I cope with social media by following a rule whereby when I see a shit comment by a ****wit, rather than immediately responding and getting into an argument I take a deep breath and forget about it, move on. What’s the point in engaging with wankers. Works most of the time.

Also do the same thing on Twitter as a few people here have mentioned, follow a bunch of palace related accounts amongst others just to keep up with news and comments. Feel no real need to interact.
Sounds like you're getting owned and have no backbone.
Old 31-12-2018, 01:32 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
The BBS is great but light on pictures on what people have had for breakfast, lunch and dinner, hence why I am also on FB.
Old 31-12-2018, 01:59 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
I am sure that social media is a massive contributory factor to the rise in mental health issues in this country.
I'd agree with this. My niece showed me her instagram account the other week and some of the comments I saw underneath some of her "friends" posts were desperately sad and crass.
I'm proud to say I've never had a Facebook account and came off Twitter back in 2014 purely as I felt I was spending too much time on there. Go and get a dog (or something similar) and go for some country/coastal walks instead.
Old 31-12-2018, 02:07 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Been thinking about this for a while - I genuinely think its becoming a drain on the soul.

But... The one thing I think I will miss is keeping up to date with things - news, palace team etc etc...

Anyone else just thrown in the towell? Is there a way of keeping informed without being dragged down by the all crap that goes with it?

I use Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram currently.... Thinking of dicthing all 3
Say what?? how could anyone possibly cope without reading on Facebook that someone is sitting in a queue at the council dump or they’ve just cut their grass or looking at untold pictures of peoples ugly kids?
Old 31-12-2018, 02:27 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I totally concur with the concerns/hatred of Facebook others have posted about, but I will stick up for it for one thing; with my daughter’s rare condition, the affiliated closed groups on FB are an absolute godsend for sharing info and getting good advice with other parents all over the world in the same boat. Comforting too.

I do wonder what it was like for parents in our position before the internet when you must’ve just felt totally isolated with so many questions and no answers.

But on the whole, yes, Facebook is the devils work.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 31-12-2018, 02:36 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Use BBS for Palace stuff but like many others have had to give up the political threads. FB for family stuff and then just Twitter.
Old 31-12-2018, 03:21 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by IpswichEagle View Post
My girlfriend closed her accounts about 6 months ago and it was the best decision she ever made.

With Facebook especially, it has gone from being a novel way to keep in touch with mates to a place full of show-offs, compliment-fishermen, bores, lechers and stalkers. She came off as it that began to become apparent to her.

I have never had a FB account, despite being at Uni in the generation where it pretty much took off. I've always hated it and have posted here about it before. The negatives way outweigh the positives imo.

I don't feel as though i miss out on anything (apart from when apps, stores and stuff demand you link to FB etc.).

I think the main social media sites are a blight on families, children, communication and attention spans.
I agree with all that. But as Bubbs says, it seems to do a lot with its support groups and the like. Shame, just like everything, it is ruined by the moronic masses banging on their latest visit to Nandos or whatever. I have looked occasionally but would never, ever sign up. Facebook seems to know more about you than MI5. Give it a wide berth.

Never been on twitter, but again, I suspect the lunatics rule the asylum to the detriment of those who want to use it a useful means. Idiots and lunatics seem to take over everything.

I did use Friends Reunited, which did not have all the ballyhoo about it. Which is probably why it died, sadly.

I content myself with the BBS, with its assortment of discussions and people. I have never 'negged' anyone or put anyone on ignore. I hardly ever post on the political threads, I just sit back and smile at the same old people with the same old views and same old insults going round and round. I find it quite entertaining (even if the mods don't).
Old 31-12-2018, 04:26 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
I am sure that social media is a massive contributory factor to the rise in mental health issues in this country.
Definitely. Everyone presenting their lives as 100% perfect and positive cannot be good for those suffering from depression and stuff.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 31-12-2018 at 04:37 PM.
Old 31-12-2018, 04:31 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I totally concur with the concerns/hatred of Facebook others have posted about, but I will stick up for it for one thing; with my daughter’s rare condition, the affiliated closed groups on FB are an absolute godsend for sharing info and getting good advice with other parents all over the world in the same boat. Comforting too.

I do wonder what it was like for parents in our position before the internet when you must’ve just felt totally isolated with so many questions and no answers.

But on the whole, yes, Facebook is the devils work.
Sounds a bit like ‘guns don’t kill people, people do,’ but it really does feel like people are the problem with social media, not social media itself.
Old 31-12-2018, 05:01 PM

Eaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is here
Social media is great if you dont let it run your life.
Old 31-12-2018, 05:08 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
I live and breathe social media.....I love it...
Old 31-12-2018, 05:39 PM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
I came off Facebook a few months ago. Haven’t missed it at all. I still use Instagram and Twitter though.
Old 31-12-2018, 05:48 PM

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKATE View Post
Nah that's the tories!
Bless the teenagers how do they cope,just give em space invaders and tell them to why don't you.
Old 31-12-2018, 05:55 PM

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Definitely. Everyone presenting their lives as 100% perfect and positive cannot be good for those suffering from depression and stuff.
That's the new thing big-polar and depression,these things have been around for years like dementia that's why we had asylums ,but they've been sold off so we've just got to get on with life
Old 31-12-2018, 06:09 PM

People do need genuine help ,but I do think for some its an excuse ,my mum fostered kids and we fostered a kid from the age of three
Her mum was a schizophrenic and her dad had committed suicide
She was slow at learning and her mum used to visit once a month
Then at the age of 11 ,she just lost it put in a secure children's unit over instead way I think ,my mum who is her eighties as is my dad,still see her
People that really need help should get it
But a lot of it is just bullshit
Old 31-12-2018, 06:14 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD View Post
I agree, especially when somebody famous dies. Would even Elvis have made it to GCC ?
Yes, I think I may have even started a musician’s death thread on GCC instead, as I thought it was more respectful and deserved more notice.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 01-01-2019, 01:40 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
I don't consider BBS to be social media its a forum for chat. its like an internet pub. Face book is like an internet look at me catwalk. I previously have never used it, or messenger, due to the horrible data mining they do. That said I have recently had to as the Classic Jap Motorcycle group only have a FB page My other interests all have forums. I do use twitter but I am beginning to wonder why so am switching off for the new year

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 01-01-2019, 02:04 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Do others on FB have one or two 'friends' that you start worrying that they may have died as they have not posted anything since their last post half an hour ago?
Old 01-01-2019, 02:52 AM

OLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Face book has its detractors and I will agree it has some truly awful shit on it but once in a while it can be a force of good. Today I received a message out of the blue asking me if was the person who joined the Royal Navy in 1984 and this person proceeded to remind me of things we did when we joined up together 34 years ago. Wow I now have contact with someone I knew that I have not heard from for years. We have arranged to to meet up. I spent all afternoon talking to him on FB and remembering our great times.
For all the shit that is on Facebook sometimes there is a bit of gold.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:54 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKATE View Post
Nah that's the tories!
Oh dear !