Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 29-08-2016, 06:46 AM

Tony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Blue Note engineer Rudy Van Gelder, dies aged 91

Don't think this should pass unmarked...

I was driven to make the music sound closer to the way it sounded in the studio. This was a constant struggle to get electronics to accurately capture the human spirit.
Rudy Van Gelder

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 29-08-2016, 10:01 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I just really cannot believe that someone else wanted to post this. Glad it's you.

It made me think about a few things. That the man's name is known, firstly, and that it is on the cover in big letters on the remasters of those recordings. It's right that it should be - the records do sound entirely fresh. The trouble he went to, of course - he died in the house he built in order to record those records. There's almost nobody before him or contemporary with him whose recordings achieve that immediacy even when they are recorded live in front of an audience - those that there are are one offs, van Gelder has a list of masterpieces as long as my arm.

I'm doffing my pork pie to the guy.
Old 29-08-2016, 10:10 AM
9dw

Roadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ditto. His recordings got me interested in Jazz. You get the clear sense that they are decades old yet they still sound remarkably fresh.