Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 08-12-2017, 07:42 AM
No Self Control

catty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Happy Christmas (war is over). I just can not stand it.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:48 AM

Fedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This year is easily the greatest for Xmas melodies.

Here's a few I have bought for myself, friends and relatives:

Len Goodman's Legends - Best of British.
Michael Parkinson - My Life in Music
Ball and Boe - Together Again.
Anton Du Beke - From The Top
Alexander Armstrong - In A Winter Light.
Bradley Walsh - When You're Smiling.
Shane Ritchie - A Country Soul.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:57 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Got to be the ******* widdly-widdly fake Irish shite slurred through by a toothless drunk.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:14 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cliff Richard is the worst of the lot. I have to switch it off.

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 08-12-2017, 08:18 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Which one?
Old 08-12-2017, 08:20 AM

justjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is here
All of them
Old 08-12-2017, 09:48 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Cliff's Millenium Prayer was the most vomit inducing song of all time. He deserved arresting for that alone.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:56 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
All of them except Christmas is Hollis
Old 08-12-2017, 10:44 AM

justjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
All of them except Christmas is Hollis

The Run Dmc one? Ok that can stay.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:25 AM

palace ash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by s[B
tWham last Xmas[/B]. Terrible lyrics and an rolling bones;13979109]even worse tune.
Slade merry Xmas everyone . Done to its absolute death.
Cliff Richard mistletoe and wine. Dreadful dirge .
Here's a great version by Slaves. To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by palace ash; 08-12-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:27 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicebitofgreen View Post
Last Christmas is my joint fave song ever alongside Baby D Let Me Be Your Fantasy. Listened to Last Christmas about 8 times yesterday.
I'd seek help if I were you.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:03 PM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
East 17 stay. Especially when they stand there looking like they are taking a dump in yheir trousers. Well 'ard.
That song would be ok ish if they had not added the bells at the end....in fact it does not mention Xmas once and I believe was not meant to be a Xmas song!
Old 08-12-2017, 12:26 PM

dannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

I hate this I hate it to it's very core (and I love christmas) but before 5 nights ago I'd never heard of it until my wife was sitting there on her tablet giggling with her headphones on (like they do) when she finally came out with what she was laughing about.

But this wasn't really the point of offence it was when my mate of 20+yrs sat there singing along to it admitting that he and his family were singing it all last crimbo day, then my wife telling her mum who said (like the "it's Indian" sketch from GGM) said it was Irish because of the "diddly diddlys" even though it's "the Italian christmas donkey" then she shares it on the book and more of her loony family knew it

And to make things worse her and the kids and whenever my mate pops over now annoyingly sing bits of the chorus and start the others off and it sticks in your head for half a year just like renee and renatto stuck there last christmas after watching a TOTP 80s special on BBC4

SAVE YOUR LOVE MY DARRRRRLLLLLLIIIIIIING SAVE YOUR LOVE

Like because they have the new stadium all of a sudden they think the're it, I once went to their old Goldstone Ground when they could only get 12ish k crowds lol, then they became homeless tramps.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:27 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle View Post
I wish it could be Christmas everyday. Just for the mere horrendous thought of it.
Yep. Roy Wood has been making a living out of that song for 40 years.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:35 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Cliff Richard is the worst of the lot. I have to switch it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Cliff's Millenium Prayer was the most vomit inducing song of all time. He deserved arresting for that alone.
Cliff Richard, and not just his Christmas 'classics' should be condemned to room 101
Old 08-12-2017, 02:14 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Band Aid and all subsequent incarnations.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:35 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by loz View Post
That song would be ok ish if they had not added the bells at the end....in fact it does not mention Xmas once and I believe was not meant to be a Xmas song!
The song was written by Tony Mortimer about his brother who committed suicide.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:46 PM

nicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
all of them to 101
except the pogues

Win Andros Townsend signed poppy shirt with Echobet
Old 08-12-2017, 02:53 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknackpalace View Post
all of them to 101
except the pogues
And then we can all commit suicide. James brown does a decent Christmas song.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:55 PM

elgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Think you're a decade out! It was Boxing Day '87. We won 3-2 in a pulsating match and have to say singing that song is without doubt up there as one of my fondest Palace memories ever. It was just such a lovely moment due to the context. There was a real feeling at that point that we were about to embark on something truely special with Coppell pulling the strings and Wright and Bright leading the way - and we were right! The song's lyrics just seemed to chime and encapsulate the moment perfectly as we sang along all cramped together in the away end.

'So here it is Merry Christmas everybody's having fun
Look to the future now, it's only just be-gu-u-un!'
we hired a london bus...we went from the old red deer in south croydon.