Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 29-12-2014, 02:44 PM

barnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Palace v Swindon 1976/02/07 (Extended Highlights):
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Palace v Southampton 1976/04/03, sadly minus the post-match interviews with Derek Jeffries and Ian Evans:
Old 08-01-2015, 01:03 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
It's not particularly rare, but I don't know where else to put it.

Palace 4 Millwall 3

Old 08-01-2015, 02:05 PM
Banned by Moderators

rowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post

Palace 4 Millwall 3

Great game and result.what a blinding winner
Old 08-01-2015, 02:25 PM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Palace 4 Millwall 3

Some cracking tackles flying in back then. The one at 14:27 in todays game would be a free kick and yellow card but the millwall player wins the throw haha!
Old 08-01-2015, 02:27 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowaneagle View Post
Great game and result.what a blinding winner
Remember as he shot thinking you silly c*nt and then half a second later going radio rental. If it had gone over my original appraisal of his decision was spot on. Barber coming on won it for us.
Old 08-01-2015, 02:35 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Wright's running battle with Stevens, Pemberton leaving that tramp Hurlock in his wake (a sign of things to come in the Cup semi), Hopkins comedy own goal lob in the days when keepers could collect back passes, and Bright's glorious winner when Millwall thought they'd got something out of the match. Proper tackles, no rolling around the place, and murders on Park Road afterwards. Halcyon days.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:35 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Wright's running battle with Stevens, Pemberton leaving that tramp Hurlock in his wake (a sign of things to come in the Cup semi), Hopkins comedy own goal lob in the days when keepers could collect back passes, and Bright's glorious winner when Millwall thought they'd got something out of the match. Proper tackles, no rolling around the place, and murders on Park Road afterwards. Halcyon days.
, running battle on pitch between GT and that wanker hurlock iircc.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:47 PM

Am Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Full match

Woking v Palace summer of 2004

Old 09-01-2015, 12:28 AM
Banned by Moderators

rowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerowaneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Wow what a thread.kudos to every video poster.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:41 AM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
Some cracking tackles flying in back then. The one at 14:27 in todays game would be a free kick and yellow card but the millwall player wins the throw haha!
Nothing better than a game against local opponents and players flying into 50/50s and the CRRRUNCH that followed.

These days you'd get some namby pamby Spanish bloke jumping over the tackle and rolling around 15 times... before sitting up, looking at his sock, looking disgustedly at the ref and limping around a bit. Until the next time the ball comes to him.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:19 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
Takes me back missed the game as wife was expecting my youngest son and there were a few problems. Just had Sky installed there were something like 16 TV stations from around Europe. One was from Sweden I think, they had the full game on straight after the game ended, ok was in Swedish but I recall there were ooohhhs after a few of the tackles. Those were the days no Internet watching anything but a few highlights was strange. Away games by Teletext or Ceefax.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:33 AM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Quote:

Palace 4 Millwall 3

Twas a brilliant game that Typical Pembo run, battling Thomas and Wright n Bright up front. Made my day.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 10-01-2015, 12:08 AM
Loving the LED.

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Proper football! Was with a Millwall mate when brightys shot smashed in the top corner! We jumped him.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:34 AM

cpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Was at that Millwall game. Just watched it again. I'd forgotten what good players we had in Wrightie, Bright, GT, Gray, Steadie Eddie, always loved Pembo. I remember the home games v Forest (1-0) and Everton (2-1) as a turning point and me thinking we could stay up. I think Pardew scored the winner v Everton. Let's have that spirit tonight lads.

Now 47 and those 3 seasons are my faves, 88/89 to 90/91. Didn't know how lucky we were.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:09 PM

Crozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is here
That Millwall game was a proper old derby.

I've always remembered 3 things from that day. The Hopkins own goal, the Anthrabus diving header and I pulled a girl from work at a party in Glaziers later that night. It didn't last !!
Old 29-01-2015, 11:00 AM

barnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Somewhere on video I have highlights of two great Palace away wins 6-0 at Birmingham and 3-1 at Man City both of these were broadcast on their local tv networks and are pretty rare as they are about 30 minutes long.

I also have an Italian video featuring the Palace Youth team playing in Italy in a pre-season tournament which I found by chance as a live broadcast on my old Astra satellite system back in the day.
Is this the youth team footage you mentioned - the semi-final of the 1973 Torneo di Viareggio against Fiorentina?

Last edited by barnabas; 29-01-2015 at 01:02 PM. Reason: typo
Old 30-01-2015, 10:54 AM
Loving the LED.

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcpaulo2 View Post
Was at that Millwall game. Just watched it again. I'd forgotten what good players we had in Wrightie, Bright, GT, Gray, Steadie Eddie, always loved Pembo. I remember the home games v Forest (1-0) and Everton (2-1) as a turning point and me thinking we could stay up. I think Pardew scored the winner v Everton. Let's have that spirit tonight lads.

Now 47 and those 3 seasons are my faves, 88/89 to 90/91. Didn't know how lucky we were.
Yep super Al scored a great goal v Everton. Smashed in the bottom corner, old fat Southall just stood there.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:47 PM
still looking

JOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
The Birmingham and Man City games are on You Tube and either on this thread or in this forum but let's have a look at the youth in Italy! That reminds me I just remembered I have VHS footage somewhere of Palace pre season away v Fiorentina in 1990 and pre season about 12 years ago away to Real Betis if I can get that onto You Tube. Will have to find the video player first though.
Found that long lost video yet ?, I have the Fiorentina match on dvd which i got off ebay many years back, but the first minute or so is missing, In all,The other match in italy that year is also around somewhere, but i've yet to get a copy, i have 100's of palace matches/footage going back to the 60's
Old 19-03-2015, 11:42 PM

wyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Burnley 79 Friday night,this was one of my first games, most amazing time. any one got any longer clips or links as all i find are the news bulletins, second best was villa park for me
Old 20-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
Twas a brilliant game that Typical Pembo run, battling Thomas and Wright n Bright up front. Made my day.
Interesting that Pembo played left back and Shaw right back.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk