Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 20-03-2015, 11:16 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I loved that game when I was a boy. I wasn't there but it was my first season video and they had extended highlights from memory. Martin Tyler really has been commentating since Moses was in shorts hasn't he.
Old 20-03-2015, 06:39 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
That Millwall game was indeed a blinder. Thought they'd go on to win at at 3-3. Millwall right back that day, Sean Sparham, was in the same school team as me. He used to play centre mid, I was right back......
Old 21-03-2015, 02:03 AM

JohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcpaulo2 View Post
Was at that Millwall game. Just watched it again. I'd forgotten what good players we had in Wrightie, Bright, GT, Gray, Steadie Eddie, always loved Pembo. I remember the home games v Forest (1-0) and Everton (2-1) as a turning point and me thinking we could stay up. I think Pardew scored the winner v Everton. Let's have that spirit tonight lads.

Now 47 and those 3 seasons are my faves, 88/89 to 90/91. Didn't know how lucky we were.
yep. was in the Arthur and I remember the Forest fans were singing 'You'll never beat Des Walker'. And guess what? Pretty sure it was Wrighty who ******* beat him and scored the winner that day. Either way, went mental
Old 26-03-2015, 06:35 PM

Sleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is here
C Palace 2 Chelsea 2 FA Cup 1970/71

Not seen it anywhere else but apols if it is a rehash. At about 1:08:15

Edit: Tis on Barnabas's brill Palace on film thread. Great video this though for 70/71 clips so will leave it here.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Sleeping Giant; 26-03-2015 at 09:37 PM.
Old 27-03-2015, 08:28 AM

barnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant View Post
C Palace 2 Chelsea 2 FA Cup 1970/71

Not seen it anywhere else but apols if it is a rehash. At about 1:08:15

Edit: Tis on Barnabas's brill Palace on film thread. Great video this though for 70/71 clips so will leave it here.

Which could do with an update. A few bits and pieces have surfaced recently including longer (4.12) highlights of Rotherham in 1977 and goals from ITV games in the 1969/70 and 1970/71 seasons:
Old 27-03-2015, 10:24 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
If you thought the pitch looked bad in the Chelsea cup game then wind-back to 0:44:20 where we have Wolves beating Charlton 3-0 in another 3rd round tie. The snow must be 3" deep.

Also on the same clip home games against Arsenal lost 2-0 (1:15:35) and Manchester United lost 5-3 (1:21:14). Interesting to see Alan Birchenall scoring for both Chelsea and ourselves, also the classic Manchester United trio of Charlton, Law and Best.

Jules would have been slaughtered for letting that Best goal in.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 27-03-2015, 11:11 AM
Keeping the Faith

Super Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks again Barnabas.

In rummaging around, I came across this -

I'm not able to match the first goal (Hoy v Chelsea) with anything I have. I'm thinking FA Cup 1970?

Believe in Bouncebackability.

Aki Riihilahti - probably the best asylum seeker in the world.

Last edited by Super Mabbutt; 27-03-2015 at 12:08 PM.
Old 27-03-2015, 12:20 PM

barnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
1970/02/07 FA Cup Fifth Round.
Old 27-03-2015, 11:15 PM
Keeping the Faith

Super Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

Obviously the match itself (FA Cup v Chelsea) has been posted several times, but I've never seen the Taylor / Big Mal interviews.

Footage starts about 3 mins 50 in.

Strangely, it's the first time I've realised that both Chelsea goalscorers went on to appear for Palace.

Believe in Bouncebackability.

Aki Riihilahti - probably the best asylum seeker in the world.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:17 PM
Probationary User

footballcrazy ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chryslerfootballcrazy ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chryslerfootballcrazy ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chryslerfootballcrazy ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chryslerfootballcrazy ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chryslerfootballcrazy ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chryslerfootballcrazy ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chryslerfootballcrazy ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chryslerfootballcrazy ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chryslerfootballcrazy ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chryslerfootballcrazy ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chrysler
Found this quality Ian Wright and Mark Bright Hat-trick. Brings back memories
wish I could share it but wont allow me to post the link....
Old 23-07-2015, 08:24 PM

Can anyone put names to these players?: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 23-07-2015, 08:26 PM

And another from the British Movietone archive: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 23-07-2015, 11:44 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabas View Post
Can anyone put names to these players?: To view the link you have to Register or Login
I reckon that the last player in that clip was Jesse Willard,who if my dodgy memory serves me correctly was signed from Brighton he became our trainer before returning to Brighton in some capacity.
Old 24-07-2015, 01:22 AM
Pack it up, pack it in..

Breaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mabbutt View Post

Obviously the match itself (FA Cup v Chelsea) has been posted several times, but I've never seen the Taylor / Big Mal interviews.

Footage starts about 3 mins 50 in.

Strangely, it's the first time I've realised that both Chelsea goalscorers went on to appear for Palace.
Felt like only yesterday watching that. I was in the Shed when Taylor curled that in and it was ******* brilliant.

The dark blue socks with the white shirt and top went well together
Old 24-07-2015, 08:22 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post
I reckon that the last player in that clip was Jesse Willard,who if my dodgy memory serves me correctly was signed from Brighton he became our trainer before returning to Brighton in some capacity.
It was, old thread here To view the link you have to Register or Login has more info.
Old 24-07-2015, 10:23 AM

Many thanks, Harry and Ruskin. The only one I could recognise with any degree of certainty was Dave Sexton.
Old 24-07-2015, 11:30 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabas View Post
Many thanks, Harry and Ruskin. The only one I could recognise with any degree of certainty was Dave Sexton.
I agree - Dave Sexton signed in the summer of 1959 so Jess Willard would have been the trainer. Other players who started that season and will probably be on the video include Vic Rouse, Terry Long, Johnny Byrne, Alf Noakes and Roy Summersby.
Old 24-07-2015, 11:47 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mabbutt View Post
Thanks again Barnabas.

In rummaging around, I came across this -

I'm not able to match the first goal (Hoy v Chelsea) with anything I have. I'm thinking FA Cup 1970?
Think you are right that it is the FA cup game in 1970, if my memory as an 8 yr old is right. As it is the first game and first Palace goal I ever saw live, and it does match with my memory of a header from the edge of the box.

However I was also at the Leeds game in the clip, and my memory told me that Sewell, was about 35 yards out and out to the touchline when he lobbed it into the box for Sprake to make his howler in the dying minutes (now someone wil tell me it was only 5 mins into the game ) so I cannot be trusted on this
Old 24-07-2015, 02:03 PM

Henfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post
And Terry Willard Son of Jess)was a Steward on the away coaches late 60's early 70's
Old 01-01-2016, 11:04 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Happy new year to all

I gave myself a little new year's morning treat by re-watching the Palace-Brighton 5 penalties game from 1989 while scoffing my smoked salmon and scrambled eggs.

What a goal from Wright. You have to say the one Brighton penalty was the dodgiest of the lot. But Kelvin Morton was definitely on something that day, love the way he awarded our third pen. Palace legend.