Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 17-04-2014, 11:43 AM

barnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The footage I was referring to without the links:

Home to Millwall 1973/74

Away to Liverpool 1972/73

Away to Leeds 1970/71

Home to Bristol City 1973/74

Home to Ipswich 1969/70

Home to Arsenal 1972/73

Away to Shrewsbury 1975/76

Home to Portsmouth 1968/69

Away to Liverpool 1980/81

Away to Millwall 1977/78

Away to Chelsea 1969/70

Away to Plymouth 1974/75

Home to Orient 1978/79

Home to Stoke 1978/79

Away to Sunderland 1978/79

Away to West Ham 1978/79

Away to Coventry 1980/81

Away to Tottenham 1972/73

Home to Sunderland 1977/78

Home to Ipswich 1980/81
Old 17-04-2014, 03:27 PM

barnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Three others I missed off:

Home to Oldham 1978/79

Away to Stoke 1978/79

Away to Chelsea 1971/72
Old 17-04-2014, 04:19 PM
Mmm, Flaming Burgers

BBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabas View Post

Home to Oldham 1978/79
Would love to see that classic Swindles' shot as captured by Neil Everett 'in the flesh' if anyone can find it....

Dodgier footage than any grainy 70's clips here of our latest Scousebusting escapades - and all the better for it!!!

+ crazy re-imaginings in a techno universe
Old 17-04-2014, 07:13 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Quote:
There is much more Palace (and Alan Whittle) footage to be found on Youtube.

Would post the links if I wasn't bound by the 15 posts rule.

The footage I was referring to without the links ...
Are you saying that footage of all those matches exists on YouTube?

I can't find any of it but I would love to see it if it's out there. Can you post just a couple of links to get us started please.
Old 17-04-2014, 07:30 PM

Yes, all of the above footage is currently on YouTube.
Old 17-04-2014, 07:33 PM

... as is the Don Rogers goal against Everton, albeit in slow motion. That's post #13.
Old 17-04-2014, 07:36 PM

For the Oldham game search for "On This Day Updates (September 23rd)".
Old 17-04-2014, 07:39 PM

And for the Don Rogers goal search for "On This Day (November 4th)".
Old 17-04-2014, 07:41 PM

Now that I've reached 15 posts here are the links in full (I hope):

Home to Millwall 1973/74:
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Away to Liverpool 1972/73:

Away to Leeds 1970/71:

Home to Bristol City 1973/74:

Home to Ipswich 1969/70:

Home to Arsenal 1972/73:

Away to Shrewsbury 1975/76:

Home to Portsmouth 1968/69:

Away to Liverpool 1980/81:

Away to Millwall 1977/78:

Away to Chelsea 1969/70:

Away to Plymouth 1974/75:

Home to Orient 1978/79:

Home to Stoke 1978/79:

Away to Sunderland 1978/79:

Away to West Ham 1978/79:

Away to Coventry 1980/81:

Away to Tottenham 1972/73:

Home to Sunderland 1977/78:

Home to Ipswich 1980/81:

Home to Oldham 1978/79:

Away to Stoke 1978/79:

Away to Chelsea 1971/72:

Home to Everton 1972/73:
Old 17-04-2014, 09:22 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
That is brilliant; I've wanted to see most of those since they were first broadcast and some I've never seen before. Thank you.

Last edited by ElwissAtMemphis; 18-04-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Old 18-04-2014, 01:35 PM

tony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks for posting. Memories come back. I was at the Arsenal game. Still think Paul Hammond saved Charlie George's penalty. Good also to see John Craven's goals, a very underrated player, so sad he is not still around.
Old 18-04-2014, 08:44 PM

Sleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is here
That's insanely good posting Barnabas there are a few there i've never managed to track down. Think the commentator says Kitchen got the goal in the Orient one but it was Joe Mayo.
Old 18-04-2014, 09:06 PM

Pikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is here
Thanks so much for posting that barnabas , I was a lad at that Pompey game in 68/69 (Cliff Jackson was my hero then ), have kept a few pics since but that's just so fantastic too see, brought those late sixties feelings back . I just wonder if there's any footage of the promotion winning 3-2 game against Fulham out there anywhere, that would be awesome to see that again!
"That’s the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."
Old 19-04-2014, 08:27 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Thanks so much barnabas. Can't believe I've just watched the Oldham 78/79 goal again after all these years. Is the full MOTD highlights available?

A 5 year old me, my dad and brother were at the front of the Old Stand and think we were caught by the camera a couple of times.
Old 20-04-2014, 11:16 PM

Tony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant View Post

Unless I'm missing something (and they've changed the ends or camera positions around since 1970), it looks like Everton took the Kop big time.

Shame Alan Whittle didn't do that a bit more for us. He was such an exciting signing at the time.

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread, particularly the Portsmouth games from 1961 (the day after I was born) and 1969, wonderful to see those.
Old 21-04-2014, 07:39 AM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Home to Stoke 1978/79:
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
My first ever palace game, I was 11, the babysitter took my and my brother
Thank you!
Old 21-04-2014, 07:43 AM

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Now that I've reached 15 posts here are the links in full (I hope):

Home to Millwall 1973/74:

Away to Liverpool 1972/73:

Away to Leeds 1970/71:

Home to Bristol City 1973/74:

Home to Ipswich 1969/70:

Home to Arsenal 1972/73:

Away to Shrewsbury 1975/76:

Home to Portsmouth 1968/69:

Away to Liverpool 1980/81:

Away to Millwall 1977/78:

Away to Chelsea 1969/70:

Away to Plymouth 1974/75:

Home to Orient 1978/79:

Home to Stoke 1978/79:

Away to Sunderland 1978/79:

Away to West Ham 1978/79:

Away to Coventry 1980/81:

Away to Tottenham 1972/73:

Home to Sunderland 1977/78:

Home to Ipswich 1980/81:

Home to Oldham 1978/79:

Away to Stoke 1978/79:

Away to Chelsea 1971/72:

Home to Everton 1972/73:
Home to Ipswich 1980 was the 4-1 result that had us labelled in all the Sunday papers as the team of the 80's lol that didn't bring us much luck that tag!
Was lookin forward to watchin it mate but think the link is broken
It gave me Liverpool forest European cup
Old 21-04-2014, 07:47 AM

My bad it's on the end of the video, we lost two nil? :-(

Must have been season earlier when we won 4-1 and went top

Is that only time we've been top of the table in top division?
Old 21-04-2014, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis View Post
Wright's debut was as a sub at home to Huddersfield (2-3), 31-Aug-85. His first start was at home to Charlton (1-1) in The League Cup a few days later, 03-Sep-85. His first goal was of course against Oldham (3-2), 12-Oct-85.

And his last goal was against Oldham and we won 3-2

Weird stat of the day
Old 21-04-2014, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
I remember Vince, Jim, Kenny et al with fondness, but I was there with Ian Wright from his first palace appearance to his last. The journey those of us who were there in the early 80s embarked on with him and Gray, Bright, Thomas etc was truly something special. From such lows to such highs.

I don't care what anyone says, Ian Wright was the true catalyst for those great days, and it's why I can't stand the trash talking about him. Say what you want about the man, the pundit, or whatever, but as a Palace player he brought such joy that still comes to life when you see those goals.
What a great post, my sentiments exactly