Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 30-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Play nice now everyone

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
That 'temporary' signalling problem at London Bridge has happened far too often since the August close.
Old 30-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
That 'temporary' signalling problem at London Bridge has happened far too often since the August close.
Has got worse since they closed it for 9 days, impact of the closure over Xmas should be fun.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:54 AM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
back yesterday on the morning Southern service into Victoria after a 3 month break , a damp muggy morning when embarking the train find the heating on full blast, the train home was so ridiculously stifling hot sweat was pouring off me when I disembarked, and it was far warmer before the 1741 arrived
Old 09-10-2014, 12:31 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Got a train home from London Bridge at rush hour for the first time in a while on Tuesday. The train was late in and we were all made to queue in a little pen at the end of platform 14 as there's not enough room to allow passengers off the train if those waiting to board are also on the platform.

As they lifted the 'velvet rope' to let us board everyone began to panic they wouldn't get on the train as the estimated departure time was only a minute later than the current time. It seems half the train tried to pile into the first couple of carriages. I decided I would just keep walking to the front of the 10 carriage train until I heard the guard's whistle at which point I would leap in the nearest door. In the end I was able to get right to the front and almost had the little section of carriage all to myself. So luxurious. In the end had a great journey home due to the panic that the LB works can cause in people.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:57 PM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I used to think that I was just as worse off using Southeastern but this thread makes me feel a little better, although they are still utterly incompetent.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:13 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddjob View Post
I used to think that I was just as worse off using Southeastern but this thread makes me feel a little better, although they are still utterly incompetent.
I am glad you quickly remembered that SE are still utterly incompetent, too be polite.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:44 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I travelled from Lower Sydenham to Charing Cross everyday for four and a half years on Southeastern services. Never had many problems with them to be honest.
Old 13-10-2014, 09:17 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
My 28 min train journey has taken 53 so far.

I am not sure if this is Govia or Railrrack but today we Goviared through Hertford. Hertford? The train doesn't go anywhere near Hertford. Wtf is it doing going through Hertford.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 13-10-2014, 11:08 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
This morning Southern Tweeted there was a good service running...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
To view the link you have to Register or Login

My train was 25 minutes late.
Old 13-10-2014, 11:49 AM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You were lucky. It took me 2 hours to get from Oxted to London Bridge...
Old 13-10-2014, 11:57 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
I'm on the Oxted line. It's only the fact I get on at Sanderstead which reduced the time.

Good job I'm not trying to impress anyone at work any more!!
Old 13-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
The service is utterly shambolic presently.
Old 13-10-2014, 01:42 PM
It's a goat Don

Il Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Held outside London Bridge for 25 minute sthis morning.

No ifon from driver as to why, suspect it will get blamed on "congestion"
Old 13-10-2014, 03:04 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Currently been sat outside West Croydon for almost ten minutes on my way to work. Even we get stuck on trains sometimes.
Old 13-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Palace Saved 1/6/10

Dan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Three Bridges to Portsmouth yesterday was horrible, was meant to get the 5:04 train yet I ended up getting on it at 47 past. They then had to terminate the train at Chichester which meant I had to change 2/3 times to finally get back an hour later than I should've done. Not really sure what else they could've done though since there were problems at Horley as well as a ill passenger along the line somewhere too which caused more delays

It should've been an hour and a half journey with no changes but obviously that wasn't the case..
Old 13-10-2014, 10:06 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Padrino View Post
Held outside London Bridge for 25 minute sthis morning.

No ifon from driver as to why, suspect it will get blamed on "congestion"

I wasn't signalling the panel which deal with the terminating platforms at London Bridge this morning but I believe the delays into LB were due to a railway bridge at Tulse Hill being struck by a car. The bridge in question is categorised as a red bridge which means that no trains can pass over it until it has been examined.

This meant that trains that were due to leave London Bridge and head that way were unable to do so. The knock on effect is that there would have been fewer platforms available at London Bridge for trains to go into.

As you are no doubt aware London Bridge Southern side are down from nine platforms to six, if a couple of these are occupied by trains that cannot depart chaos ensues.
Old 13-10-2014, 10:44 PM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Service from sevenoaks to the city has been appalling recently. They've cut the carriages so massive delays whilst people try to cram in at each stop and also takes ages to get off first. Disgraceful service.
Till they're knocking on the door of your homes
Old 14-10-2014, 08:23 AM

Due to signalling problems most of the trains on the East grinstead line have 8 instead of 12 coaches this morning.
Can one of the Southern apologists explain why please?
Old 14-10-2014, 09:05 AM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Short formation and late again for me. Southern are a disgrace. Hey ho people have little alternative but to use them so the shit service will continue.
Old 14-10-2014, 09:05 AM

This is ******* ridiculous.