Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-10-2014, 01:05 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
The point is, that we shouldn't have to accept taking 15 minutes to get off a platform in the mornings!

Yes, people need to act sensibly, which they do, but if it's 8:24 and the boards are showing the train is leaving at 8:25 you have people pushing one way to get on the train and everyone trying to get off because the platform because the train is inevitably 10 minutes late.

People who do the commute regularly are fine, it is those who don't do it often who are most likely to be seen trying to push through.
To be honest it has only ever taken me 5 mins or less to clear the platforms. I do know what you mean about controlling people onto the platforms. I think it was last thursday eveening and as usual signal failure had caused cancellations and carnage. there was one train going to east croydon it was allready rammed and the platform was rammed with people tring to get on. I saw a Southern person desperately calling on his radio for assistance from National rail and you can bet its the shitty interface between the two organisations that causes most of the problems.

SaulAlinsky
Old 14-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
My mate is a train driver and said:

'Congestion in and out as lines have been reduced from 4-3 as they redo platforms 10/11.

also the signalling has been 'bodged' until it's properly installed over Xmas. Its frustrating for staff and punter.
Old 14-10-2014, 01:12 PM
It's a goat Don

Il Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wish that rather than standing on the ticket gates looking gormless, someone would open their eyes and stop people with non-folding bikes through at LB and squeezing onto packed rush hour trains...
Old 14-10-2014, 01:22 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
To be honest it has only ever taken me 5 mins or less to clear the platforms. I do know what you mean about controlling people onto the platforms. I think it was last thursday eveening and as usual signal failure had caused cancellations and carnage. there was one train going to east croydon it was allready rammed and the platform was rammed with people tring to get on. I saw a Southern person desperately calling on his radio for assistance from National rail and you can bet its the shitty interface between the two organisations that causes most of the problems.
I think it all depends on your platform. But platform 12 is an accident waiting to happen, as Dave can tell you.

Every morning the same happens.
Old 14-10-2014, 01:22 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Padrino View Post
I wish that rather than standing on the ticket gates looking gormless, someone would open their eyes and stop people with non-folding bikes through at LB and squeezing onto packed rush hour trains...
or people with fold up bikes having them unfolded on a train taking up the room.
Old 14-10-2014, 01:45 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think it all depends on your platform. But platform 12 is an accident waiting to happen, as Dave can tell you.

Every morning the same happens.
I guess i'm usually lucky as my train usually arrives at platform 14. in the evening i use platform 12 for my departure.

SaulAlinsky
Old 14-10-2014, 01:51 PM

I've given up going home via London Bridge now. I get the train from Farringon to East Croydon now.

Platform 12 in the morning is a horrible, horrible experience.
Old 14-10-2014, 01:56 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
I've given up going home via London Bridge now. I get the train from Farringon to East Croydon now.

Platform 12 in the morning is a horrible, horrible experience.
Must be impossible for the driver to change ends, fighting his way against a packed herd of commuters.
Old 14-10-2014, 02:05 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
or people with fold up bikes having them unfolded on a train taking up the room.
or people who get to the ticket gates and then start looking for their ticket.
Old 14-10-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Must be impossible for the driver to change ends, fighting his way against a packed herd of commuters.
Quite. Why they persist calling the follow up train the 8:25 I'll never know!
Old 14-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyStreet View Post
They have taken to disabling the information signs on the platform at times too, presumably so people don't know/get annoyed at quite how late their train is going to be.
This happened at East Croydon yesterday morning. We were told the only way you could know where a train was going was to look at the sign on the front. You basically had to pick a platform and wait there until a train to your destination arrived. It was chaos.

And Tomo is correct re platform 12 in every morning, and (from my one recent experience of it) LB generally from 5 - 6pm. There will be an accident sooner or later.
Old 14-10-2014, 02:30 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Service from sevenoaks to the city has been appalling recently. They've cut the carriages so massive delays whilst people try to cram in at each stop and also takes ages to get off first. Disgraceful service.
some of the coaches (or "units") have been transferred up north as they need to be running up there from december, thats the truth of it.
Old 14-10-2014, 02:32 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Not a clue. Perhaps stock not in the right place at the right time but I don't sign EG so have no idea if they ever split or attach anywhere in service.

Is Sutton Station open today? Nothing was running through there last night as it was pitch black.
I got stuck between cheam and sutton for 55 mins last night. Originally it was just the station which had no power but then a generator keeping the signalling and points going broke down aswell.

Just my luck to be on the only duty we have at NWD which finishes earlier than booked time!
Old 14-10-2014, 02:35 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Padrino View Post
People with fold up bikes should also be taken into a room and battered to death with a D Lock. Smug Brompton scum.
Old 14-10-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
I've been saying this for a while. How platform 12 is allowed to still be used is unbelievable.

I got stuck walking behind the make up lady on the way off the train. She's even more annoying when she's walking. Swinging her bag about and kept stopping.
From january platforms 11 and 10 will reopen and platforms 8 and 9 will then be closed, so platform 10 will then be the narrow one.
Old 14-10-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdazza08 View Post
London Bridge is horrendous at the moment are we in any danger I them getting rid of the boards soon so can walk normally to the platform and not take 10 minutes getting off them? Also what's the deal with closing the entrance via the underground some nights? Yeah let's close the entrance and make people walk to an escalator outside while its pissing down on a slippery floor... Genius, then to go through that weird queue system like sheep.
January, but then plat 10 will be the narrow one.
Old 14-10-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
The point is, that we shouldn't have to accept taking 15 minutes to get off a platform in the mornings!

Yes, people need to act sensibly, which they do, but if it's 8:24 and the boards are showing the train is leaving at 8:25 you have people pushing one way to get on the train and everyone trying to get off because the platform because the train is inevitably 10 minutes late.

People who do the commute regularly are fine, it is those who don't do it often who are most likely to be seen trying to push through.
one of the answers would have been to put a temp footbridge over to a more spacious platform or something, but i wouldnt even have thought there is room for that. Its shit i agree but what can be done????
Old 14-10-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
This happened at East Croydon yesterday morning. We were told the only way you could know where a train was going was to look at the sign on the front. You basically had to pick a platform and wait there until a train to your destination arrived. It was chaos.

And Tomo is correct re platform 12 in every morning, and (from my one recent experience of it) LB generally from 5 - 6pm. There will be an accident sooner or later.
The problem will be if an evacuation is needed quickly. Im not sure that this working is properly legal as there must be maximum evacuation times from the station if there is a bomb or something.
Old 14-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
I got stuck between cheam and sutton for 55 mins last night. Originally it was just the station which had no power but then a generator keeping the signalling and points going broke down aswell.

Just my luck to be on the only duty we have at NWD which finishes earlier than booked time!
I was pleasantly surprised last night. The train picking me up from the Staff Halt was on time last night so I made the 22:40 to Clapham Junction and was indoors by 23:17.

I was standing right under the shelter though as the wind and rain was terrible. Didn't fancy getting soaked!
Old 14-10-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I was pleasantly surprised last night. The train picking me up from the Staff Halt was on time last night so I made the 22:40 to Clapham Junction and was indoors by 23:17.

I was standing right under the shelter though as the wind and rain was terrible. Didn't fancy getting soaked!
lucky for some ;-)