Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
The problem will be if an evacuation is needed quickly. Im not sure that this working is properly legal as there must be maximum evacuation times from the station if there is a bomb or something.
The trouble is if there is a bomb scare you are likely to get people running off in all directions, even out in to no mans land!
Old 14-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
some of the coaches (or "units") have been transferred up north as they need to be running up there from december, thats the truth of it.
Do you know if we will be getting replacement coaches, or will our already packed 12 coach trains just have to cope?
Old 14-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Are you referring to the 319s going up to Northern trains? Does that mean we've scattered more 377s around the TSGN network? I still haven't got used to calling them Thameslink instead of First Capital Connect yet.
Old 14-10-2014, 02:57 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
Do you know if we will be getting replacement coaches, or will our already packed 12 coach trains just have to cope?
it should be sorted out in the next couple of months when TL get some temporary interim trains until the new trains come out in 2016.

its all a bit complicated.
Old 14-10-2014, 03:00 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Are you referring to the 319s going up to Northern trains? Does that mean we've scattered more 377s around the TSGN network? I still haven't got used to calling them Thameslink instead of First Capital Connect yet.
yeh there are 6 x 319s up north already and TL should be recieving these 387s soon, which a basically 4 car 377/7s...
...oh yeah and that bunch of southern 377/2s that are running around TL at the moment.

Even the announcer at east croydon says First Capital Connect sometimes!
Old 14-10-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
The trouble is if there is a bomb scare you are likely to get people running off in all directions, even out in to no mans land!
towards New Cross Gate, lol
Old 14-10-2014, 03:15 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
From january platforms 11 and 10 will reopen and platforms 8 and 9 will then be closed, so platform 10 will then be the narrow one.
knowing my luck my train will start coming into platform 10!

Anyway, seeing as I've been made redundant I probably won't be on this thread for a while!
Old 14-10-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
knowing my luck my train will start coming into platform 10!

Anyway, seeing as I've been made redundant I probably won't be on this thread for a while!
oh no sorry to hear that
Old 14-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Play nice now everyone

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
A possible option at London Bridge ?

My method would need to work on a system of trust for the commuters (unfortunately) - but it would work.

What they need at London Bridge (for Platforms 12 and 15) is another separator for commuters wanting the front four carriages to those wanting the rear four carriages.

The problem in a nutshell is the people who pile to the front of the queue and then block the platform when they try to get on the rear carriages as people are coming off and out. That's why you get a bottleneck.

Staff need to allow commuters wanting the front four carriages through FIRST. People wanting the front four carriages would pass the people coming off the train (if on the right hand side). The rear of the train and far end of the platform empties quicker as there is less people getting off, so its quicker to get commuters up there.

The driver gets off and joins the first wave going up the platform for the first four carriages (which makes it easier for him). Staff further up the platform radio down when to let the next lot go.

The rear four carriages then only need a couple of minutes to fill up as they have less distance to go.

Job sorted !

PS: What do I win ?
Old 14-10-2014, 03:27 PM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
This happened at East Croydon yesterday morning. We were told the only way you could know where a train was going was to look at the sign on the front. You basically had to pick a platform and wait there until a train to your destination arrived. It was chaos.
I was on the early train this morning and actually saw the system get flicked off. No idea if it was done centrally or at the station itself, but it was just as a heavily delayed train (which was subsequently made to run quick to London Bridge) came in. Still, I actually got in quicker due to the station skipping, so shouldn't complain.
Old 14-10-2014, 03:49 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
The new platform roofs at London bridge are remarkably shit as DM suggested they would be ages ago. Why build a new roof which dosen't cover the whole platform width. the 2ft nearsest the train is still open to the elements. Madness

SaulAlinsky
Old 14-10-2014, 04:11 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Bermondsey
Old 14-10-2014, 04:12 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
towards New Cross Gate, lol
two minds
Old 14-10-2014, 04:13 PM

billy_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Agree 100%
Old 14-10-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
My method would need to work on a system of trust for the commuters (unfortunately) - but it would work.

What they need at London Bridge (for Platforms 12 and 15) is another separator for commuters wanting the front four carriages to those wanting the rear four carriages.

The problem in a nutshell is the people who pile to the front of the queue and then block the platform when they try to get on the rear carriages as people are coming off and out. That's why you get a bottleneck.

Staff need to allow commuters wanting the front four carriages through FIRST. People wanting the front four carriages would pass the people coming off the train (if on the right hand side). The rear of the train and far end of the platform empties quicker as there is less people getting off, so its quicker to get commuters up there.

The driver gets off and joins the first wave going up the platform for the first four carriages (which makes it easier for him). Staff further up the platform radio down when to let the next lot go.

The rear four carriages then only need a couple of minutes to fill up as they have less distance to go.

Job sorted !

PS: What do I win ?
people for Caterham should be given priority al al Virgin Upper. Once all the fronters have settled in then a Klaxon should sound giving the Tattenham Lot a couple of mins to get in their cattle trucks
Old 14-10-2014, 04:14 PM

billy_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
People with fold up bikes should also be taken into a room and battered to death with a D Lock. Smug Brompton scum.
Agree 100%
Old 14-10-2014, 04:17 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
oh no sorry to hear that
That's alright. I'm sure it's nothing to do with my trains being delayed every day
Old 14-10-2014, 04:23 PM

The other way to avoid delays etc is to start your journey earlier instead of travelling in the rush hours. I get to Canary Wharf at 7am from Brighton each morning and touch wood rarely suffer any delays. There is some availability on the train for seating but most stand from East Croydon. I can understand that not everyone can be flexible but maybe try and choose a different time to travel. I leave from CW at 4.30pm so tend to miss the evening issues as well. I guess not everyone has the ability to travel outside core hours, but if you do it is worth making the effort.
Old 14-10-2014, 04:55 PM
CMAM

jone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_gilberts_hammer View Post
The other way to avoid delays etc is to start your journey earlier instead of travelling in the rush hours. I get to Canary Wharf at 7am from Brighton each morning and touch wood rarely suffer any delays. There is some availability on the train for seating but most stand from East Croydon. I can understand that not everyone can be flexible but maybe try and choose a different time to travel. I leave from CW at 4.30pm so tend to miss the evening issues as well. I guess not everyone has the ability to travel outside core hours, but if you do it is worth making the effort.

With a few exceptions Im sure thats probably do-able for a lot of people in this day and age. But then you will get the 'Oh but it means getting up earlier' brigade manking away. Cant have it both ways. Its quite a surprise what a difference leaving before 0700 makes.

Mayor of CarshaltON
Old 14-10-2014, 05:06 PM

Would be pretty impossible to me. I'm reliant on dealing with my clients all day, most of whom don't start till 9:30 anyway.

I also get up early enough to walk the dog for an hour before I leave for work!

I also don't see why I should change my day because Southern can't deliver the service I pay for.