Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-07-2017, 08:55 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Disabled passengers have been joining the RMT picket lines and have said they'll join the ASLEF one.

When you say "Accept it" accept what?
The drivers' position has been contradicted by management, government, external reports, the courts... You are at liberty to dispute the motives of any of them, but the fact is it's not your job to make management decisions. You've tried to defeat the proposals, but you've had only limited success. Guards are gone, the changes are coming in whether you like it or not, it's time to accept that and get on with your job.

The cumulative effect of the industrial action on hundreds of thousands of people daily is now just too great. It's miserable out there, utterly awful conditions. And for a dispute supposedly primarily about passenger safety, you are inflicting very overcrowded and dangerous trains on the rush hour network.

It's just not worth it.
Old 14-07-2017, 08:59 AM

speagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
I haven't had one passenger berate me for striking or being on a restday ban compared to several who have shown support , I don't know where you are getting the impression the majority of the Public don't support the drivers from, Tory press ,Media maybe ? I certainly haven't accounted any hostility .
Surprising, several southern commuters at my work and not one supports the strikes. You lost any support from the disproportionate action prior to Christmas. on the trains you hear people slagging off the strikes all the time.

The general consensus at work it's all about power and winning the dispute.

Just because you're not be abused don't assume that means you've got full support because you certainly haven't. It's a big leap from not supporting something to abusing someone.
Old 14-07-2017, 09:02 AM
Account disabled

racehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Management weren't expecting a vote for strike.
Hopefully this will get them to talk.
TFL and Grayling have been taking advice from the likes of Gibbs a former Railtrack and Network rail employee and Wilkinson a senior manager on the Tube , They probably blamed the Unions for all their problems and failures during their long under performing tenures on the rail and Tube systems . A big mistake by TFL and Grayling in my opinion to listen to 2 individuals who presided over such shambolic transport systems in the 90s onwards .
Old 14-07-2017, 09:05 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
The drivers' position has been contradicted by management, government, external reports, the courts... You are at liberty to dispute the motives of any of them, but the fact is it's not your job to make management decisions. You've tried to defeat the proposals, but you've had only limited success. Guards are gone, the changes are coming in whether you like it or not, it's time to accept that and get on with your job.

The cumulative effect of the industrial action on hundreds of thousands of people daily is now just too great. It's miserable out there, utterly awful conditions. And for a dispute supposedly primarily about passenger safety, you are inflicting very overcrowded and dangerous trains on the rush hour network.

It's just not worth it.

Just accept the changes then yea? Accept 13yr old cctv. The cctv at some rural stations is shocking. Accept that disabled access is no longer guaranteed?
Accept multi million pound companies shitting over staff and passengers alike... accept a franchise set up so they can force thru the governments wishes... if you ran a company and 93% of your staff had issues with new working practices... what would you do?

I ain't selling my soul for a 23.8% pay rise.

There's a reason new OBS's are on 12 month contracts... they're not here for the long term.
Old 14-07-2017, 09:08 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagle View Post
Surprising, several southern commuters at my work and not one supports the strikes. You lost any support from the disproportionate action prior to Christmas. on the trains you hear people slagging off the strikes all the time.

Just because you're not be abused don't assume that means you've got full support because you certainly haven't. It's a big leap from not supporting something to abusing someone.

You think drivers are losing £500 a month over a power trip?

Or they've been asked to do something that they wholeheartedly disagree with?
Old 14-07-2017, 09:12 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:
Whatever lingering public sympathy there was must surely have gone by now. Drivers, you've lost. It's management's role to manage, workers' role to work.
Accept it and drop this ******* scorched earth policy of taking everyone else down with you.
To all Southern drivers who voted down this proposal - well done and thank you.

signed

A member of the public who has commuted for decades and agree with your approach.

No Pasarán!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 14-07-2017, 09:15 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:
The drivers' position has been contradicted by management, government, external reports, the courts... You are at liberty to dispute the motives of any of them, but the fact is it's not your job to make management decisions.
LOL!

Quote:
He isnt top class mate

Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 14-07-2017, 09:15 AM
Account disabled

racehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagle View Post

Complete opposite from my friends and my daughters and Sons work colleagues who don't know their Dads a train driver other than one who is a staunch Tory and never or hardly travels by train .
Old 14-07-2017, 09:16 AM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Whatever lingering public sympathy there was must surely have gone by now. Drivers, you've lost. It's management's role to manage, workers' role to work.
Accept it and drop this ******* scorched earth policy of taking everyone else down with you.
Yes, but they're not managing very well - haven't done for years.
Old 14-07-2017, 09:16 AM
sleep chaser

If ever you get on my train, you get to have a go at driving it.
(But only in tunnels so no one sees)
Old 14-07-2017, 09:20 AM
Account disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
To all Southern drivers who voted down this proposal - well done and thank you.

signed

A member of the public who has commuted for decades and agree with your approach.

No Pasarán!
Old 14-07-2017, 09:21 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Quote:
This does not mean we are friends re BREXIT, so no cuddles just yet!

Quote:
He isnt top class mate

Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 14-07-2017, 09:22 AM
Banned by Moderators

DaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Get back to work you lazy *****
Old 14-07-2017, 09:23 AM
sleep chaser

GTR should be talking to their staff... building bridges, not trying to buy us off with take it or leave it offers.

Hopefully common sense will win, and a negotiated settlement will be agreed that suits all. No one wants to strike.

If out of all of this... we achieve

* Guaranteed disabled access
* Improved cctv
* A fully staffed railway (which means a more robust service)

Then that'll be a good thing, right?
Old 14-07-2017, 09:28 AM
Account disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
This does not mean we are friends re BREXIT, so no cuddles just yet!
Mutual respect then , I'm not good at fueds goes against my nature p:

Last edited by racehorse-80s; 14-07-2017 at 09:32 AM.
Old 14-07-2017, 09:29 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I am personally willing to continue for as long as it takes .
That's nice for YOU. But this isn't just about you. It's about 1031 other drivers too.

My biggest issue with this whole thing is that a system of working I have used my whole railway career is suddenly being called unsafe because some blokes down on the coast don't want to drive without a Guard. We are used to driving around all day and night DOO, in areas I dare say you are more likely to see assaults and muggings too.

But hey what do I know. I am just selfish, only after a payrise and not worrying about my family or anytjing at all like that.

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 14-07-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Old 14-07-2017, 09:30 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Quote:
GTR should be talking to their staff... building bridges, not trying to buy us off with take it or leave it offers.

Hopefully common sense will win, and a negotiated settlement will be agreed that suits all. No one wants to strike.

If out of all of this... we achieve

* Guaranteed disabled access
* Improved cctv
* A fully staffed railway (which means a more robust service)

Then that'll be a good thing, right?
That sounds too much like not being ******* selfish and too much like being eminently reasonable.

Quote:
He isnt top class mate

Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 14-07-2017, 09:31 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
That's nice for YOU. But this isn't jist about you. It's about 1031 other drivers too.
I refer you to BREXITers who's standard response is 'Get over it.'

Quote:
He isnt top class mate

Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 14-07-2017, 09:31 AM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
That's nice for YOU. But this isn't jist about you. It's about 1031 other drivers too.

Yep, and the majority voted for industrial action.

Democracy innit.

I'm a big fan. Even when it doesn't go the way I want it (Trump/May/Brexit)
Old 14-07-2017, 09:32 AM

billy_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Fingers crossed , I think the strong mandate for a strike has shocked and rocked Southern ,TFL and Chris Grayling , I think they thought they had ground us down into submission .

512 of 1032 or 49.8% of those balloted is hardly overwhelming ?

Being an annual season ticket holder for more than 30 years on Southern I can see both sides of the argument. I can work from home on strike days so does not personally bother me if strikes or not . However these new strike days prevent me from enjoying my one annual decent day out of the year at Goodwood. So now p1ssed off. Non refundable tickets for entry to racecourse costing £200 unable to use for me and mates. Can I claim money from Southern?