Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 20-07-2017, 08:14 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
Will there be conditions attached to that, that prove to be a deal breaker?

I thought that the previous deals had been reneged on as a result of the pay offer?

I'm not sure the details of the RMT offer. I to have heard the rumour this morning of all Southern drivers being given 12 weeks notice and moved on to Thameslink contracts. If that happens, game over.
Old 20-07-2017, 08:15 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I'm not sure the details of the RMT offer. I to have heard the rumour this morning of all Southern drivers being given 12 weeks notice and moved on to Thameslink contracts. If that happens, game over.
I know it may have got lost in all the arguments etc but I did hear this and post it on here two days ago.
Old 20-07-2017, 08:23 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I know it may have got lost in all the arguments etc but I did hear this and post it on here two days ago.

I know. I'm saying that I've now heard it from a colleague.. all I'm pointing out is, it's more than one source.
Could be Southern putting out rumours to sway opinion, could be some truth in it.
Old 20-07-2017, 08:24 AM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Yeah let's all gang up on Popester.

Rockmount Junior School stuff fellas.

Shoddy Rovers
Old 20-07-2017, 08:28 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll Legend View Post
Yeah let's all gang up on Popester.

Rockmount Junior School stuff fellas.

Shoddy Rovers
Your like the big brother turning up oooooh

SaulAlinsky
Old 20-07-2017, 08:42 AM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
Yeah.

Don't you forget it Welt.
Old 20-07-2017, 08:50 AM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Does that make you mushroom's little sister?
Old 20-07-2017, 08:53 AM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post

Day off today?
Old 20-07-2017, 08:54 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
No it makes you a janitor.

SaulAlinsky
Old 20-07-2017, 09:00 AM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I know. I'm saying that I've now heard it from a colleague.. all I'm pointing out is, it's more than one source.
Could be Southern putting out rumours to sway opinion, could be some truth in it.
Not sure they can do this and if they can redundancy may have to be offered as well , I know the Conductors were given 12 weeks notice but their Role numbers had been cut so effectively they were redundant and had no jobs unless they took an OBS position .
It's rather more complicated with Drivers as the number of driving positions are not being cut on Southern unless there is something we don't know ?

To do it the Drivers would very likely have to be directly employed by TL and driving positions cut at Driver depots on Southern , Not sure how the franchise terms work but I would have thought the TOC has to be handed back with the same compliment of drivers as it started with .
The legal side of doing this would be complicated surely ?

Any employment Lawyers in the house ?

I would note that the Terms ,Pay and conditions of the TL deal are better than the last Southern deal IMO .

Last edited by racehorse-80s; 20-07-2017 at 09:08 AM.
Old 20-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
Not sure they can do this and if they can redundancy may have to be offered as well , I know the Conductors were given 12 weeks notice but their Role numbers had been cut so effectively they were redundant and had no jobs unless they took an OBS position .
It's rather more complicated with Drivers as the number of driving positions are not being cut on Southern unless there is something we don't know ?

To do it the Drivers would very likely have to be directly employed by TL and driving positions cut at Driver depots on Southern , Not sure how the franchise terms work but I would have thought the TOC has to be handed back with the same compliment of drivers as it started with .

I would note that the Terms ,Pay and conditions of the TL deal are better than the last Southern deal IMO .
They may well be able to do that. At the end of last year I was threatened with being dismissed and re-employed with a shitter pension if I didn't 'voluntarily' accept a shitter pension. Southern drivers being forced onto new terms and conditions sounds like a similar scenario.
Old 20-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
They can do it for the as it was said to me "betterment" of the company.
Old 20-07-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
No it makes you a janitor.
Like Hong Kong Phooey
Old 20-07-2017, 09:30 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
This thread has become one for Southern employees to talk to each other. Christ its boring when Latvian does not give his opinions on keeping. I thought it was about what a shite service we the users were having to put up with. Bring back Beeching I say, he knew how to run a railway
Old 20-07-2017, 09:36 AM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post

If there is no reduction in numbers, there is no need to offer redundancy.

Depending on how it is handled, drivers may have little option other than accept the new role or go elsewhere. An unfair dismissal claim would be problematic because drivers would have the ability to mitigate their losses, so no compensation would be due.
Old 20-07-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll Legend View Post
Like Hong Kong Phooey
Possibly

or

SaulAlinsky
Old 20-07-2017, 09:46 AM
Werkself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
This thread has become one for Southern employees to talk to each other. Christ its boring when Latvian does not give his opinions on keeping. I thought it was about what a shite service we the users were having to put up with. Bring back Beeching I say, he knew how to run a railway
Hennessey's still shit.
Old 20-07-2017, 09:50 AM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Maz is very happy to belittle everyone. I'm a lawyer and he supported an argument in which to persuade I was a cleaner not a lawyer. Pretty low, scummish really. Nothing wrong with being a cleaner unless you use the occupation to denigrate someone.

Word on the street is that Maz is employed in a nothing role by his sympathetic wife. May or may not be wrong. No doubt he will correct you once he's tidied up the kitchen.
You may or may not be a lawyer and to be honest I don't think many if any actually give a toss. What you definitely are is a self obsessed twat and late at night you are even worse and want the spotlight on you. You've now seemed to have hijacked a thread about a poor train operator and turned it into the "I'm a wanker lawyer" thread. You are making your so called profession look stupid now. I'd think if there were any proper lawyers on here they would cringe at you.
Old 20-07-2017, 09:58 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Do we know if the Arun valley route is going to be affected tomorrow night please to latest strikes?
Old 20-07-2017, 09:59 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
They’d be able to quite easily. Redundancy only needs to be offered if your job doesn’t exist, which it clearly will. If it does then it will come down to TUPE laws re: T&C’s. I reckon if Southern were looking to do this, then they’d ensure it would be watertight.
I’m not an expert but been through TUPE and Redundancy in recent years.
For me, when I was TUPE’d they were able to change my pay dates, bonus structure and other conditions offered. My previous hours were 9:30-5:30, the new place did 9-5:30. They were to stay the same for 2 years, but then it might be different for 2 years. There are laws in place about the location of where you’re based as well and how this could affect your commute.

Funnily enough, the person who does know a lot about this is probably Popester.