Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 20-05-2014, 02:58 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Thank god I'm on my honeymoon when the first closure is announced, but 16 days over Xmas is a right ball ache.
Old 20-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Yep, and now NR have lost so many staff they're really struggling to cope with their current workload. Problems like yesterday's carnage are gonna happen more frequently IMO.
Depressing. Network Rail is publicly owned, right?

If we can winter this one out, we can summer anywhere
Old 20-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
16 days, WTF
Old 20-05-2014, 10:57 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Padrino View Post
That may be so, but there was no information relayed to passengers at Norwood Junction about the delays around LB, which would have allowed people to change their schedule for the day, get a later train, work from home or whatever.

But the Southern drivers who were encouraging people to cram on knowing full well that we were going to be held up for ages definately have some blame to take
Norwood junction is a London Overground station not a Southern station
Old 20-05-2014, 11:21 PM

Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Well ... to all the apologists ... go and ask the people living down the Eridge line how they are feeling tonight ...complete ***k up .... People all over the place - Haywards Heath, Redhill, E Grinstead, Oxted, etc .... No service on the Eridge line (apparently South of Edenbridge ..), no proper announcements, no buses, and one v irate member of Southern staff (at a station I shall not name for obvious reasons) ... publicly and loudly blaming managers who ".. will not turn out to help because they cannot be bothered .." ... to a queue of 20-30 people trying to just get home on a Tuesday night .....

I think this one might actually involve Southern and South Eastern ....
Old 21-05-2014, 08:44 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jone-zee View Post
Thing is though a significant number of commuters dont exactly help things. Some of the things I have witnesssed are unreal. I also wonder how many could improve their daily travel by leaving a bit earlier in the morning and not taking in enough baggage etc with them as if they are going on a 2 week exped to Mongolia or the like.
I've got a hunch that virtually no employee wants to be at work longer than they have to. A few might go to the gym before work, perhaps, but I've sure pretty much all of us get the trains most closed to our working hours.
Old 21-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by civil eagle View Post
Norwood junction is a London Overground station not a Southern station
Actually not. As reported some time ago on this thread, I contacted T.F.L. to give some positive feedback on a member of the Norwood platform staff. They responded by referring me to Southern, as that's who employs them. Bizarre, since the station and staff are all in T.F.L. livery.
Old 21-05-2014, 08:51 AM

billy_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
I've got a hunch that virtually no employee wants to be at work longer than they have to. A few might go to the gym before work, perhaps, but I've sure pretty much all of us get the trains most closed to our working hours.
I purposely travel early and leave early (5.30am and 4.30pm) to avoid the usual crush (Brighton mainline) and in the main the trains are usually ok at those times, although standing room only from Three Bridges on the way up to LB in the morning and from LB to EC in the evening. It would certainly be better if they completely banned all bikes folding or non-folding on all trains though to give more room to those standing.
Old 21-05-2014, 08:57 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankerhater1 View Post
Well ... to all the apologists ... go and ask the people living down the Eridge line how they are feeling tonight ...complete ***k up .... People all over the place - Haywards Heath, Redhill, E Grinstead, Oxted, etc .... No service on the Eridge line (apparently South of Edenbridge ..), no proper announcements, no buses, and one v irate member of Southern staff (at a station I shall not name for obvious reasons) ... publicly and loudly blaming managers who ".. will not turn out to help because they cannot be bothered .." ... to a queue of 20-30 people trying to just get home on a Tuesday night .....

Top man for not naming the fella.... Some on here would have named him out of spite. Someone on here got a member of staff in trouble via twitter. They over heard a conversation from a guard who was like many, felt the service wasn't good enough, and the arse tweeted what the guard said to the Southern twitter account. He named the train so the guard was easily identifiable.
Old 21-05-2014, 09:02 AM

flightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login

London bridge closure dates including long period in august
Old 21-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
Actually not. As reported some time ago on this thread, I contacted T.F.L. to give some positive feedback on a member of the Norwood platform staff. They responded by referring me to Southern, as that's who employs them. Bizarre, since the station and staff are all in T.F.L. livery.
Lol they are LO. The Platform staff have told us before they are LO. Clearly someone is telling fibs!
Old 21-05-2014, 10:32 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Lol they are LO. The Platform staff have told us before they are LO. Clearly someone is telling fibs!
Well that's bizarre, because when I contacted Southern they responded as if the staff were theirs.
Old 21-05-2014, 10:38 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Story from last year about a commuter suing the TOC (FCC in this case) for not selling him the cheapest season ticket.

Old 21-05-2014, 12:15 PM

chav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is the sort of thing I would have expected in this country. I would be going nuts if I was paying for this.

Old 21-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Good journey in today, no complaints, other than the usual fact that the new platform takes ages to get to the end of at Bridge but never mind.
Old 21-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Formerly Oxted Eagle

igl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineigl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineigl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineigl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineigl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineigl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineigl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineigl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineigl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineigl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineigl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77 View Post
Good journey in today, no complaints, other than the usual fact that the new platform takes ages to get to the end of at Bridge but never mind.
Same here.... I managed to get a seat in the luggage rack of my 2 carriage train! Beats standing up for 35-40mins!!
Not sure how I managed to get it either as at least 15 other people standing!
Old 21-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by igl View Post
Same here.... I managed to get a seat in the luggage rack of my 2 carriage train! Beats standing up for 35-40mins!!
Not sure how I managed to get it either as at least 15 other people standing!
Some people are embarassed to sit on the luggage rack.

**** me, for the amount we are paying sometimes i'm tempted to sit on someones lap.
Old 21-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Formerly Oxted Eagle

igl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineigl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineigl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineigl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineigl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineigl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineigl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineigl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineigl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineigl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineigl : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

**** me, for the amount we are paying sometimes i'm tempted to sit on someones lap.
Old 21-05-2014, 05:21 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

could be worse:

Maybe they should lower the track under bridges and bring in double decker trains instead to ease congestion

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 21-05-2014, 06:01 PM
Vast slug.

Latvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankerhater1 View Post

I think if I were to move house I'd check out the transport links/if I was under a flight-path etc before buying/renting the place. If moving to out in the sticks understand that it is bit more convenient and probably cheaper than driving in, paying the congestion charge, parking charges, road tax, insurance etc...