Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-09-2014, 01:30 PM
PALACE FAN SINCE `62

tamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Well in the end after all the delays and hardly ever getting to work on time for several months, guess who got chosen for redundancy and the bare minimum severance pay?
Why? Me of course.
Old 16-09-2014, 01:41 PM

Hancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Delay Repay is a complete shambles.

It doesn’t make it clear what to do if you have a travel card on your oyster card. One occasion I reported it as a travel card. They refused to refund saying I should have done it as an oyster card payment.
Of course, you can tell what happened 2 weeks later when I ran it as an oyster card.

This morning it wouldn’t accept Sanderstead or London Bridge as valid stations. It also gives you nowhere to put any notes. I know I won’t get any refund today despite my train got diverted on route and I had to go severely out my way because they will say the train was on time, despite all the other shit that happened.
Did you ever get this sorted? I was trying to do my delay repay this morning but it won't accept my stations. The person on twitter said to use Chrome, when I told them that didn't work either they just said it was odd because it was working for them! So, I still haven't been able to claim.

As for notes, where it asks you for the reason for delay e.g. cancelled train or delayed on route there is also an 'Other'. If you select this it gives you a box to type in your reason. That should work for you?
Old 16-09-2014, 01:58 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
I assume rail companies are not going to publically state " your train is gonna be consistantly 10 or more minutes late everyday", but because of the scale of the works this, to me, was inevitable....

The congestion is basically because there are too many trains and not enough room for them..im not saying the travelling public should 'expect' delays every day but its just inevitable. If people look at the scale of works that are being done, one slight delay....be it a signal fault, a security alert, a person dropping something on the track, the result will be carnage.

Remember London Bridge was full to bursting before this work started and now there are 2 less platforms and one less track to get you to those platforms.

Its going to be frustrating but youll have to grin and bare it......

.....i would like to see a refund and compensation given though to passengers.

The "safety checks" was presumably something a driver or a member of staff reported (such as rough track), so this can only be looked at as and when.
I’d be slightly more content if I’d been warned the last few weeks what would happen. Or why not lower expectations by saying arrival will be 8:25. I then couldn’t moan when that’s what time it gets me into London Bridge.

Thing is, I understand all that, but if the infrastructure was already poor to begin with and they were struggling to run services, why are they continuing to attempt to run a full service? At least by reducing a service for a few months people can make plans.
Nothing is ideal, but people spend so long currently sitting on trains that aren’t moving or waiting for trains, goodwill no longer exists. It’s not evening happening once a week, but every day. Yesterday I was half an hour late for work and my train home had a “delay” so had to change route.

The other options of course, was that if customers have to “grin and bare” a poor service then they should reduce the cost to go with the reduced service we are getting.

Cool. I was just wondering about that.
Old 16-09-2014, 01:59 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancpfc View Post
Did you ever get this sorted? I was trying to do my delay repay this morning but it won't accept my stations. The person on twitter said to use Chrome, when I told them that didn't work either they just said it was odd because it was working for them! So, I still haven't been able to claim.

As for notes, where it asks you for the reason for delay e.g. cancelled train or delayed on route there is also an 'Other'. If you select this it gives you a box to type in your reason. That should work for you?
No and not had a chance to try and do it again yet. Will try a bit later though and report back.

Cheers.
Old 16-09-2014, 02:41 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamlamotowner View Post
Well in the end after all the delays and hardly ever getting to work on time for several months, guess who got chosen for redundancy and the bare minimum severance pay?
Why? Me of course.
Sorry to hear that dude.
Old 16-09-2014, 02:49 PM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It would be nice to introduce a system whereby the customer can pay if or when Southern actually get them to their destination on time.

I suppose it's a bit like when you have an extension built on your house. No good paying it all up front as the builder might do a bunk a leave you with half a house. I suppose then you'll have to peruse them for your money back.

This is a bit like delay repay. I suppose on the rare occasion that Southern get me to work in time (or back without deciding I need to be thrown off of an already late train to wait half an hour for another one because it needs to go fast to Victoria to make up time) then I'd happily pay after. Surely it would save time for everyone if I only had to pay after the service functioned correctly.
Old 16-09-2014, 03:21 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehalifaxman View Post
It would be nice to introduce a system whereby the customer can pay if or when Southern actually get them to their destination on time.

I suppose it's a bit like when you have an extension built on your house. No good paying it all up front as the builder might do a bunk a leave you with half a house. I suppose then you'll have to peruse them for your money back.

This is a bit like delay repay. I suppose on the rare occasion that Southern get me to work in time (or back without deciding I need to be thrown off of an already late train to wait half an hour for another one because it needs to go fast to Victoria to make up time) then I'd happily pay after. Surely it would save time for everyone if I only had to pay after the service functioned correctly.
They'd be bust after a week
Old 16-09-2014, 04:03 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I’d be slightly more content if I’d been warned the last few weeks what would happen. Or why not lower expectations by saying arrival will be 8:25. I then couldn’t moan when that’s what time it gets me into London Bridge.

Thing is, I understand all that, but if the infrastructure was already poor to begin with and they were struggling to run services, why are they continuing to attempt to run a full service? At least by reducing a service for a few months people can make plans.
Nothing is ideal, but people spend so long currently sitting on trains that aren’t moving or waiting for trains, goodwill no longer exists. It’s not evening happening once a week, but every day. Yesterday I was half an hour late for work and my train home had a “delay” so had to change route.

The other options of course, was that if customers have to “grin and bare” a poor service then they should reduce the cost to go with the reduced service we are getting.

Cool. I was just wondering about that.

agree that they shouldve reduced services and sent some up to blackfriars (like they did during the blockage in august)..... i think in hindsight they may regret this.

Its just gonna be like this for a long time. They may even be more crowded when Thameslink services terminate at LBG instead of going through to Luton and beyond, from december!
Old 16-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Its just gonna be like this for a long time.
I don't mean this agressively or sarcastially, and if i've misinterpreted anything then I apologise.

To clarify, are you saying that the poor level of service we have been given since the recent London Bridge closure can be the sort of service we can expect on a regular basis for the forseeable future?
Old 16-09-2014, 04:07 PM

Hancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHancpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Its just gonna be like this for a long time. They may even be more crowded when Thameslink services terminate at LBG instead of going through to Luton and beyond, from december!
The Thameslink services are going to continue to London Bridge then? I admit, I haven't read much about Thameslink's plans for next year but I assumed they were going to go via Elephant and Castle to Blackfriars then continue on as usual.

I must admit, I was slightly worried about how I was going to get home after a boozy work night as I tend to rely on the Thameslink services to E Croydon then.
Old 16-09-2014, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77 View Post
I don't mean this agressively or sarcastially, and if i've misinterpreted anything then I apologise.

To clarify, are you saying that the poor level of service we have been given since the recent London Bridge closure can be the sort of service we can expect on a regular basis for the forseeable future?
This is the biggest problem I have. We shouldn't need to get used to it.
Old 16-09-2014, 05:12 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:

They may even be more crowded when Thameslink services terminate at LBG instead of going through to Luton and beyond, from december!
I don't think they will be terminating at London Bridge from December, in fact as far as I know once the December blockade goes on (20th December)
they won't be going to London Bridge at all until 2018, certainly that is the information conveyed in Thameslink Programme's web site:

September 2014 onwards
  • As of 14 September 2014, First Capital Connect services operating between Brighton and Bedford will be operated by Thameslink
20 December 2014 to January 2018
  • Thameslink services will not call at London Bridge; they will be diverted via an alternative route between Blackfriars and East Croydon.
  • Thameslink services operating to and from Luton Airport and Gatwick Airport will not call at London Bridge.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-09-2014, 05:42 PM
Over Land & Sea

imashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
06.47 from woodmansterne was cancelled due to a defective train again same as last monday but at least the victoria one after it was not stuck behind it this time at tattenham.
Old 17-09-2014, 11:11 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
poor chap had a heart attack at Purley Oaks. Took 2hrs 40 mins to get to work but probably a good day to count one's blessings ?
Old 17-09-2014, 11:20 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
poor chap had a heart attack at Purley Oaks. Took 2hrs 40 mins to get to work but probably a good day to count one's blessings ?
Days like this it is hard to be annoyed at Southern for the cause of the delay - it was totally out of their hands and I hope the chap recovers asap.

But as ever, their response to it can always be questioned. A delay at Purley Oaks should not mean it takes 40 minutes to get from East Croydon to London Bridge.
Old 17-09-2014, 11:41 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
My job role is changing and I'm probably going to be taking redundancy. If I want to stay in the kind of work I'm currently doing, I'll pretty much have to work in London. I live a 10 minute walk from Three Bridges station.

After reading parts of this thread and chatting to other people who commute, I'm not going to bother with London. Right now I leave home at 0840 for 0900 start, and finish at 0530 and get home at 0540.

2 hours (or more judging by this thread) out of my life every day on a horrible, hot and chronically expensive train sounds like hell.
Old 17-09-2014, 12:13 PM
chemical olympics

humpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
2 trains cancelled on me this morning from Sydenham to LB, had to get on the overground to Whitechapel. what an awful journey.

What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof. Christopher Hitchens
Old 17-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Serious question; why do people put up with this?

I commuted for two years before I decided I wanted to be master of my own destiny and decided to (motor) bike to work.

Advantages : always know what time you are going to get in; costs much less; don't catch winter colds anymore ; and it's fun.

Disadvantages : meh, sometimes it's cold. But better that than those sweltering summer tubes and miserable germ-laden winter ones.

The only reason a commute is miserable is because people put up with it.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 17-09-2014, 12:21 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Serious question; why do people put up with this?

I commuted for two years before I decided I wanted to be master of my own destiny and decided to (motor) bike to work.

Advantages : always know what time you are going to get in; costs much less; don't catch winter colds anymore ; and it's fun.

Disadvantages : meh, sometimes it's cold. But better that than those sweltering summer tubes and miserable germ-laden winter ones.

The only reason a commute is miserable is because people put up with it.
But what if you live in Brighton and work in London? Surely then a motorbike (or car) is not really practical?
Old 17-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
But what if you live in Brighton and work in London? Surely then a motorbike (or car) is not really practical?
I know someone who bikes from Horsham.

But yes, I guess Brighton is less easy. I'm in Upper Norwood, so that's a 60 minute commute by train or 30 by bike.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ