Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 22-09-2014, 01:07 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSdaEAGLE View Post
Doesn't appear to be the case - Thameslink's new scheme looks like it'll be grey with those funky-coloured doors.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
yeah the first of new stock is in that colour too but as it was done before thameslink started im not too sure if this will be their permanent colours scheme. we shall see!
Old 22-09-2014, 02:58 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Sounded like this morning was typically chaotic.

Fortunately for me my train got in time just before it all seemed to go mental. However, I did take 14 minutes to get off Platform 12.
Old 22-09-2014, 03:11 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
A rare foray up town for me today (looking likely to be more common in the future) and the DLR from Woolwich was well messed up this morning.
Old 22-09-2014, 04:39 PM

Mr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Mrs Statto & I are venturing to the O2 next Monday to see Kylie. Reading this thread fills me with no confidence that I won't spend most of the journey there & back frantically checking live train times for problems !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Being the first team to beat them there will never go away, it's like taking the virginity of someone you don't like's sister, just so you can rub it in their face.
Old 22-09-2014, 04:47 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
for those up north is that a good or bad thing?
On some the stopping services they will replace some pretty dire diesel units and at least they will be quicker. A lot depends on how much Northern refurbish them as some of them were very tired looking on the Thameslink services. Talk of air-con being fitted at one time but can't see that much being done to them initially as they are just a cheap and quick way to provide electric units for the newly electrified Manchester to Liverpool line (via Chat Moss) and to be able to free up diesels on to a new route further east.
Old 22-09-2014, 04:57 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
When Macstar said up north i assumed he meant to the Great Northern part of the wider TSGN franchise. I didn't realise he meant properly north.

Those of us on the Great Northern bit do get a bit of a hodgepodge of rolling stock at the moment. I haven't quite worked out if that is a Peterborough / Cambridge thing or just random.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 22-09-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 22-09-2014, 05:38 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Yes, twenty plus Thameslink 319s to Liverpool and Manchester local services, first ones already up there. I think the Great Northern area may have suffered from previous attempts to connect it to the Thameslink system so have put off new rolling stock ideas? Nothing now will change until the route through to the south opens and the new 700 units turn up.
Old 22-09-2014, 08:00 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Statto View Post
Mrs Statto & I are venturing to the O2 next Monday to see Kylie. Reading this thread fills me with no confidence that I won't spend most of the journey there & back frantically checking live train times for problems !
Hoping that there are some delays/cancellations so that you miss it?
Old 22-09-2014, 09:06 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
This weekend looks like a ******* nightmare
Old 22-09-2014, 09:29 PM

Mr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
Hoping that there are some delays/cancellations so that you miss it?
I'm quite looking forward to it, but it's really Mrs Statto's treat - Mother's Day / Birthday / Anniversary rolled into one. She'll be absolutely gutted if the trains **** it all up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Being the first team to beat them there will never go away, it's like taking the virginity of someone you don't like's sister, just so you can rub it in their face.
Old 22-09-2014, 09:32 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
Yes, twenty plus Thameslink 319s to Liverpool and Manchester local services, first ones already up there. I think the Great Northern area may have suffered from previous attempts to connect it to the Thameslink system so have put off new rolling stock ideas? Nothing now will change until the route through to the south opens and the new 700 units turn up.
the rolling stock I can deal with as you always get a seat and they are rarely crowded. As long as Govia don't **** up the service.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 23-09-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old 22-09-2014, 09:59 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
When Macstar said up north i assumed he meant to the Great Northern part of the wider TSGN franchise. I didn't realise he meant properly north.

Those of us on the Great Northern bit do get a bit of a hodgepodge of rolling stock at the moment. I haven't quite worked out if that is a Peterborough / Cambridge thing or just random.
Think Great Northern will be getting the current Thameslink 377s when Thameslink's new stock arrives.
Old 23-09-2014, 10:17 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Statto View Post
In the evenings you should be fine really. You'll see from here, most of the time it is just 15 minute delays which are causing the main anger issues because they happen so often.
She won't be on till 9 anyway so you'll have plenty of time.
Old 23-09-2014, 10:18 AM

Anyway, this morning I decided to "sit" near the front of the train so I could get in to work early. The train was 17 minutes late, it was absolutely rammed and then I had to wait 10 minutes for a bus that is meant to be every 5 minutes.
Old 23-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Ichiro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Think Great Northern will be getting the current Thameslink 377s when Thameslink's new stock arrives.
Interesting. The Govia spiel in the bid was new fleets for Thameslink, Great Northern and the Gatwick Express.
Old 23-09-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Interesting. The Govia spiel in the bid was new fleets for Thameslink, Great Northern and the Gatwick Express.
That is still true. Great Northern will be getting new trains for the Moorgate line
Old 23-09-2014, 10:48 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
this will be the new stock with the thin seats with no armrests of somesuch rubbish?

SaulAlinsky
Old 23-09-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
this will be the new stock with the thin seats with no armrests of somesuch rubbish?
And no seat back tables. Very disappointing. Passengers who travel for longer than an hour on them (they will run from Littlehampton,Brighton, East Grinstead, Horsham) will not be happy.
Old 23-09-2014, 10:53 AM
Ichiro!

Quote:
That is still true. Great Northern will be getting new trains for the Moorgate line
ah. I feel somewhat let down, though if the new stuff Southern are getting is that bad perhaps I shouldn't be complaining.
Old 23-09-2014, 10:55 AM

Axie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Is Selhurst station closed this Saturday for the Leicester game ? Can't see anything on Southern's planned Improvements but if I check train availability there's a partial bus service to selhurst.