Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 23-09-2014, 11:16 AM

Payney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
0740 cancelled this morning from Reigate to London bridge due to a broken down train. Had to change at Redhill and then East Croydon. The train from EC to LB took about 40 mins. 45 mins late for work, Thanks Southern.
Old 23-09-2014, 11:32 AM

Optimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Still an absolute joke at EC.

10.02 Bedford train, 2 mins late, then 5 mins then 12 mins then cancelled!! Just brilliant.

Next London Bridge train 20 mins later and 4 coaches!!! Sardines was not the word.

Occasional issues I can accept but this is almost daily now and not specific to LB.
Old 23-09-2014, 12:13 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
yep, i can see its another tough day on the rails........ :-(
Old 23-09-2014, 12:45 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axie View Post
Is Selhurst station closed this Saturday for the Leicester game ? Can't see anything on Southern's planned Improvements but if I check train availability there's a partial bus service to selhurst.
Looks like NJ is shut this weekend along with the East London Line.

Old 23-09-2014, 01:55 PM

Axie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Looks like NJ is shut this weekend along with the East London Line.

Thats confusing it's suggesting I go from East Grinstead to East Croydon, East Croydon to Norwood Junction then bus from Norwood Junction to Selhurst.
Old 23-09-2014, 03:33 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
this will be the new stock with the thin seats with no armrests of somesuch rubbish?
There's a link further up to Siemens new 700 demo unit description, not a lot of padding there for Littlehampton -Peterborough!

Govia's idea of what is supposed to be happening?

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Looks like they are expecting to use 377s on the Kings Lynn services (and still from Kings Cross) from the end of 2015. Other sources seem to think this is temporary while the 700s come in and the 377s will go with the new 387s to the Midland side?
Old 23-09-2014, 04:25 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
There's a link further up to Siemens new 700 demo unit description, not a lot of padding there for Littlehampton -Peterborough!
I was wondering if there was ever much change between the mock up layout and what actually enters service. they look pretty spartan don't they?

SaulAlinsky
Old 23-09-2014, 05:26 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
I was wondering if there was ever much change between the mock up layout and what actually enters service. they look pretty spartan don't they?
because they are having 2x2 seating rather than 3x2 (for more standing space - whoopy do) they are making the 2x2 seating as thin as possible and the leg room quite limited too, from my understanding.

I believe the mock up is very accurate.

They are promoting them as 'more spacious' which means basically more standees. Dont think the public will be happy, seeing as the trains currently in the morning from East Grinstead to London Bridge are reasonable comfy.
Old 23-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
So this "The Key" thing. Is that compatible with Oyster / tube?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 23-09-2014, 05:38 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
So this "The Key" thing. Is that compatible with Oyster / tube?
No

And it makes it nearly impossible to claim delay repay.
Old 23-09-2014, 05:39 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
No

That's mental. So my annual ticket is a gold card with Zones 1-6 tagged on as well. How does that work then?

The delay repay thing isn't something I have needed yet, though with Govia now in charge I suppose I should expect to.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 23-09-2014, 05:52 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
No

thanks they keep trying to foist them on my when i have to take my card season ticket in to be replaced when the magnetic strip fails which it does frequently.

SaulAlinsky
Old 23-09-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
That's mental. So my annual ticket is a gold card with Zones 1-6 tagged on as well. How does that work then?

The delay repay thing isn't something I have needed yet, though with Govia now in charge I suppose I should expect to.
it looks like you can get the travel card tacked on

New key smartcard tickets available

Travelling into and around London? Now available on the key smartcard are weekly, monthly and annual season tickets inclusive of a travelcard, which will allow you to use trains, buses, trams and London Underground.

You can also purchase single and return tickets from any key-enabled Southern station outside the London travelcard area to any Southern station in the London zones.

SaulAlinsky
Old 23-09-2014, 06:21 PM
Ichiro!

Quote:
it looks like you can get the travel card tacked on

New key smartcard tickets available

Travelling into and around London? Now available on the key smartcard are weekly, monthly and annual season tickets inclusive of a travelcard, which will allow you to use trains, buses, trams and London Underground.

You can also purchase single and return tickets from any key-enabled Southern station outside the London travelcard area to any Southern station in the London zones.
Nice. I think we are due to get it in November.

Though clearly the magnetic strip will break before then, and when I say break before then I mean on the one I am going to get tonight as the current (fourth one since Jan) went on Monday.
Old 23-09-2014, 06:53 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Apparently new Thameslink trains will use weight of passengers to let us know which carriages are quietest (or contain the slimmest passengers).

From @seat61 Twitter feed.
Old 23-09-2014, 08:04 PM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Awful events at slough today. Apparent suicide by a woman who took her child with her. My thoughts go out to the families of both families of the woman and the poor driver.
Old 23-09-2014, 08:54 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Apparently new Thameslink trains will use weight of passengers to let us know which carriages are quietest (or contain the slimmest passengers).

From @seat61 Twitter feed.
Hmmmm, you only get to see the display once you've crammed yourself into the carriage.
Old 23-09-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
Hmmmm, you only get to see the display once you've crammed yourself into the carriage.
yeah pretty pointless
Old 23-09-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by croydonexile View Post
Awful events at slough today. Apparent suicide by a woman who took her child with her. My thoughts go out to the families of both families of the woman and the poor driver.
indeed mate
Old 23-09-2014, 09:27 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by croydonexile View Post
^