Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 05-06-2018, 08:28 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Neville Southall. What a top bloke.

This should be a stress-free day back on Merseyside for the former Everton and Wales footballer, who was arguably the world’s best goalkeeper for a while in the 1980s, as he takes a break from his consuming job at a special needs school in Ebbw Vale. Before he became a celebrated footballer, Southall had been a hod-carrier, a binman and a cleaner. So it is not surprising that, aged 59, he should now work at a pupil referral unit – offering education for children excluded from mainstream schools.

Ok so he played for Everton and Wales......but what a top bloke.

Full article here;
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-06-2018, 08:32 AM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
“Piers Morgan is a prick. What gives him the right to say what can be on your body? If Sterling had tattooed a massive cock on his leg I would say: ‘It reminds me of Piers Morgan.’”
Old 05-06-2018, 08:33 AM
Alright? Not half!

Phil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is here
Fairplay. My biggest memory of his keeping days is him sulking in the goal mouth after the ZDS final.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:40 AM
Riding the waves of life

stwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He used to live 2 doors from me in the late 80's. Nice guy.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:42 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
What a truly top bloke.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 05-06-2018, 08:44 AM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
good article thanks. I have big respect for people like him, who don't just sound off on social media but are actively spending a large proportion of their lives helping others and trying to make the world better. Good on him.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:52 AM
Lurker

sirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I met him once back in the 1990s. Was a very nice chap - very humble and down to earth.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:52 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Not surprised he sticks up for sex workers as he's unlikely to get sex through any other means going by that photo.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:56 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Didn't he throw a huge strop when we won the ZDS cup, and sulked by his goalposts whilst the rest of his team went and got their runners up medals?
Old 05-06-2018, 09:01 AM

switchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswitchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswitchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswitchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswitchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswitchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswitchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswitchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswitchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswitchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswitchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He sued his own daughter to get his medals back so he could sell them, classy.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 05-06-2018, 09:02 AM

johnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
Not surprised he sticks up for sex workers as he's unlikely to get sex through any other means going by that photo.
Very witty.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:04 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
Did you read the article?

He is the epitome of a classy bloke. As for sueing his daughter, they’re his medals, why didn’t she just give them back to him?

Honestly sometimes social media brings out the worst in people doesn’t it? (myself included) Which is ironic considering the content of the article.

Last edited by Wolfnipplechips; 05-06-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:06 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
good article thanks. I have big respect for people like him, who don't just sound off on social media but are actively spending a large proportion of their lives helping others and trying to make the world better. Good on him.
Exactly what I wanted to say.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 05-06-2018, 09:14 AM

switchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswitchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswitchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswitchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswitchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswitchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswitchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswitchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswitchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswitchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswitchboard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Did you read the article?

He is the epitome of a classy bloke. As for sueing his daughter, they’re his medals, why didn’t she just give them back to him?

Honestly sometimes social media brings out the worst in people doesn’t it? (myself included) Which is ironic considering the content of the article.
I did read the article and don't disagree that he is doing a good thing but looking at the bigger picture and other aspects of his life he is a knob and your reaction to him suing his own daughter is mental. Would you give your kid something and then sue them to get it back after walking out on them?

Quote:
Southall walked out on Sam and her mother a decade ago.

The teenager sobbed as a judge at Liverpool's civil and family court ordered her to return the memorabilia to her father.

Sam was also told to pay £6,000 costs.

The student said: "I am devastated - I idolised my dad. I don't know how I'll pay the costs."

Southall was not in court for the hearing. His lawyer said: "He is pleased the matter has been resolved."
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 05-06-2018, 09:21 AM
Got any nuts?

Families are complicated.

The article showed him doing fantastic work in the community and wider. Sometimes it would be great to see the best in people rather than calling him a knob.

Anyway, each to their own. I’m as guilty as the next man in terms of social media stereotyping. I found it refreshing to see a bloke actually using it for good.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:28 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
#classicinternet

Bloke seems like a decent type, so we must rake over his past to find a time he wasn't.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:33 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
Didn't he throw a huge strop when we won the ZDS cup, and sulked by his goalposts whilst the rest of his team went and got their runners up medals?
He did
Old 05-06-2018, 09:39 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foetus eagle View Post
“Piers Morgan is a prick. What gives him the right to say what can be on your body? If Sterling had tattooed a massive cock on his leg I would say: ‘It reminds me of Piers Morgan.’”
I’m not normally interested in stuff like this but that line made me have a quick scan of it. Briefly looks like a good read so will come back to it! He’s not wrong here!!
Old 05-06-2018, 09:41 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Behaved like an absolute wanker after we won the ZDS
Old 05-06-2018, 09:48 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
If I had one of those eat all you can buffet places, I wouldn't fancy seeing him and Ruddock turning up.

His twitter feed is very good I have to say. Complex character, alluded in the past to depression but seems to be doing great things with his life at a local level for many years now. Very different from most ex-pros. Dont expect we will see him on League of their Own?