Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 20-10-2018, 12:35 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Sadly yes, 5 years and 500m on and really nothing to show for it.
In the clubs defense, doing any kind of development of open spaces/existing property is a nightmare in London and especial South London.

As a fellow dweller of The US, you must find like me the way American sporting teams just seem to willy-nilly find space to build new stadiums at whim in amazing short shift frustrating.

What I find endlessly frustrating is the national disgrace of the use of Crystal Palace Park and The NSC... Despite its shortcomings, the fact is is there festering in disuse while CPFC scratch around with a begging bowl for approvals and space mind blowing.
Old 20-10-2018, 02:25 AM

HRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
A further update on the "purchase" of Goals which I heard earlier today.

Gambardo's (the childrens soft play area which is located in what used to be the Sports Hall area when it was the Natwest Bank Sports Ground) has 2 years left on their lease.

The Natwest Bowls club also has some time left before they can be kicked out (I know that when Mike Corby purchased the ground from Natwest there was a clause in the deal which allowed the Natwest sports teams to carry on playing at the ground for a number of years - not sure when this right to use the facilities expires).

Palace do want to buy the whole place, but in order to minimise any compensation they would have to pay or be stuck with sitting tenants, they have just signed a lease to carry on using the pitches etc for a further 2 years (on same basis as they currently do).

At the end of the 2 years Palace will most likely buy the whole place. At this time, Gambardos and also I guess the Bowls club can be kicked out without the need to pay any comp. Goals would still have a bit of time left on their lease so Palace would have the choice of letting them remain until end of lease or doing a deal for them to depart early.

Was told this today so comes with the usual caveat of being 2nd hand info.

It could be that the latest lease deal just signed includes an option to purchase the whole site at end of it!

It’s just the usual ‘leaked bullshit’ from the club, just drag things on. The classic a couple of years scenario .
Old 20-10-2018, 07:03 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
My understanding is that a long term lease has been signed. Source is a good one. But equally so is Gary's. I will endeavour to clarify the situation.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 20-10-2018, 07:05 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by winners View Post
They all sound quite exciting, but I guess if 1, maybe 2 of these make it as a squad player for the first team, then that constitutes a successful batch.
The article is written by someone who has never seen most of them play and offers little real insight. All the information in there can be found elsewhere.

You're right though. If one or two make it through then that's a great success. As it happens I think there's more chance than there has been for a while of that happening

Old 20-10-2018, 05:01 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
In the clubs defense, doing any kind of development of open spaces/existing property is a nightmare in London and especial South London.

As a fellow dweller of The US, you must find like me the way American sporting teams just seem to willy-nilly find space to build new stadiums at whim in amazing short shift frustrating.

What I find endlessly frustrating is the national disgrace of the use of Crystal Palace Park and The NSC... Despite its shortcomings, the fact is is there festering in disuse while CPFC scratch around with a begging bowl for approvals and space mind blowing.
How come we appear to be the only London team with that problem, what actually frustrates me more if that of all the London clubs we appear to have the worse academy in terms of players coming through. When i see Charlton and Fulham producing top class players and we don't i feel that the club is standing still in that regards.
Old 20-10-2018, 06:10 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Joe Whitworth who is a 2004 born, playing a year up with our U16s, is in next week's England U15 training camp. He's a goalkeeper.

Old 20-10-2018, 07:54 PM
Probationary User

Smithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsSmithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsSmithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsSmithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsSmithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsSmithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsSmithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsSmithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsSmithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsSmithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsSmithy52 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Those pictures of the pitches the youth set up have to play on are totally embarrassing and something i never thought i'd see , we were a club renowned for bringing through youngsters in to the first team squads not so many years ago , it seems the millions gained by being in the top flight have dulled the senses of those in command and i hope they see those pictures of the pitches and at least provide the youngsters with a decent playing surface in the near future .
Old 20-10-2018, 08:11 PM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The 2 main pitches at Goals are pretty good now. They are used by U16s and U18s. Lot was spent in Summer taking off the top layer right down to the dirt. Then levelling it all so no slope. Then relaid with new turf. They are better pitches than when I used to play on them for Natwest.
Old 20-10-2018, 08:21 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
After six years in the greed league we must be reaching the point at which we should be expecting more re the academy from the club's senior administrative management.
Old 21-10-2018, 06:05 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
You could have a team of South Londoners born from 1980 onwards who'd most probably be a top half premier league side comfortably.

I'd say aside from a stint in Europe it's what I want to see most from Palace is bringing through the best talents on our side of the river.

It's a nice feeling seeing the likes of Zaha and Wan Bissaka more than hold their own at the elite level. I really hope we push for the best outcome possible for the academy.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 21-10-2018, 08:27 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Palace won their leagues at U18 and U23 level which shows that we have some good young players in the academy.

COYP
Old 21-10-2018, 02:37 PM

Battle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Brighton according to the SOS, looking at spending 10million on a Chelsea youngster to replace Bruno, we produce AWB so I think our academy is doing fine.
Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
You could have a team of South Londoners born from 1980 onwards who'd most probably be a top half premier league side comfortably.
Add in Joe Gomez, Ademola Lookman, Nathaniel Chalobah and Rubin Loftus-Cheek to name a few who were born or grew up south of the river and you have the makings of a very good team.

Need to find a goalkeeper!
Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM

Sodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Add in Joe Gomez, Ademola Lookman, Nathaniel Chalobah and Rubin Loftus-Cheek to name a few who were born or grew up south of the river and you have the makings of a very good team.

Need to find a goalkeeper!
Woodman?
Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodermalm View Post
Woodman?
Where is he now? Still at Newcastle?

To answer my own question he appears to be on loan (or was) to Aberdeen.

Born in Croydon though!
Old Yesterday, 05:46 PM

Optimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Freddie is back at Newcastle (loan to Aberdeen was last season). Currently 2/3rd choice at the Toon.
Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
After six years in the greed league we must be reaching the point at which we should be expecting more re the academy from the club's senior administrative management.
What do you want to see them do?
Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Where is he now? Still at Newcastle?

To answer my own question he appears to be on loan (or was) to Aberdeen.

Born in Croydon though!

The Fulham keeper Bettinelli is a Camberwell boy and his dad Vic was our 'keepers coach for years.
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM

Optimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We released Bettinelli a few years ago. We thought he was too small.
Old Yesterday, 09:58 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimistic Kev View Post
We released Bettinelli a few years ago. We thought he was too small.
Watching some of the goals he let in last Saturday, we may have been right