Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-08-2018, 12:53 AM
Woody McWoodface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I am of the opinion that this thread should be in Memory Lane or World of Football. He left us a looooong time ago now and news about him or his career has, at best, very little but probably absolutely no relevance to our current setup.
Old 16-08-2018, 02:41 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan eagle View Post
So Kenny Sansom 172 games for missed 1 game in a run of 156 games and he didn’t care for if that’s not care and commitment don’t what is, in Vince Hilaire‘ he talks openly about his love for Palace
PB is just a troll. His posts are of absolutely no relevance.

Kenny's transfer to the Gooners was dictated by his desire (need?) to clear family gambling debts. To the best of my knowledge he never expressed a desire to leave for his own reasons.

Oh, and WFOW is right; this thread should be in Memory Lane.
Old 16-08-2018, 05:05 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I heard from way back then that Kenny Sansom’s departure was down to paying off a gambling debt, but I’ve just finished reading Vince Hilaire’s autobiography where Kenny actually writes the forward. He touches upon his departure to Arsenal. He said the truth was he didn’t want to leave. He spoke to Venables on the Monday at training and agreed a new contract. He then came in the next day and as he walked past Venners office, he called out, ‘Ken don’t get changed. Drive over to Arsenal as they want to sign you.’

Kenny revered Venners like a father (he didn’t have one), and just did whatever he asked him to do. He said, ‘Venners always said I wanted to leave but he’s a fibber. He’s a crafty Cockney and kept that story going. Going to Arsenal was great but I didn’t want to go. Palace was where I started and I’d had a fantastic few years there with friends and some great team mates. Palace at that time was the kind of place where anyone who sign settled in within five minutes, the team spirit was that good.’

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 16-08-2018, 08:08 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Heard a similar story when Terry Fenwick was sold to QPR . Told by Bloye I think he was sold.