Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Atmosphere in the ground v Liverpool compared to normal
I sit in the Holmesdale- no difference 79 14.93%
I sit in the Holmesdale- worse 220 41.59%
I sit in the Holmesdale- better 8 1.51%
I sit in the Arthur- no difference 25 4.73%
I sit in the Arthur- worse 82 15.50%
I sit in the Arthur- better 3 0.57%
I sit in the Whitehorse- no difference 10 1.89%
I sit in the Whitehorse- Worse 27 5.10%
I sit in the Whitehorse- better 1 0.19%
I sit in the Main Stand- no difference 23 4.35%
I sit in the Main Stand- worse 47 8.88%
I sit in the Main Stand- better 4 0.76%
Voters: 529. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 18-08-2018, 10:36 AM

Stinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie87 View Post
i remember incredible atmosphere during 2 administrations. Hf improves the atmosphere but our support has always been incredible the period you mentioned wasnít the best but the dross on the pitch didnít help.
2001-2003, the Trevor Francis years were the worst atmosphere wise along with probably the worst football I can remember. But for the big games there was always a decent atmosphere. What you have to remember is that for about half the games? Was family day where tickets were given away to schools or kids went free, something like that.
Old 18-08-2018, 10:49 AM

Jordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is all about a disagreement between fans. The HF are not bigger than the club in any way. Why they couldnt just wait for a few seasons when the new main stand opens? They would have had the opportunity to move there anyway!

The sooner this is resolved the better
Old 18-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Evicted fron E Block

Andy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post

The HF as a group has massively helped to put Palace on the map as a club with passionate support, often quoted as the best in the league by fans of other clubs both here and abroad.

It is perfectly possible that some of the prime movers in the group felt that they could not take it any further in it's Block B location and have decided to call it a day - as a group.
See, this - in a nutshell - is what I don't understand about the HF's position on this whole sorry debacle.

We're perceived as having the best support in the league, partly thanks to the efforts of the HF.
Yet the HF feel they "can't take it any further" if they can't be located behind the goal - right NOW.

Why can't they be happy as being lauded as part of the best support in the league in Block B for another few seasons, while (hopefully) the club finally gets their act in gear and develops a co-ordinated strategy which will see them move behind the goal at some stage?

The whole affair has been appallingly badly handled by the club, no doubt - but the HF aren't the poor put-upon party that some people like to paint them as in this fiasco.

High time that both sides pulled their horns in a bit and got on with the business of supporting the club.
Old 18-08-2018, 11:00 AM
Banned by Moderators

Nix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So people supporting the HF think that the club should have just chucked other supporters out of their seats? Ridiculous. If the HF are so bothered about the team then they wouldn't be resorting to these tactics.
Maybe they should have offered an inducement to get other supporters to move like paying for their ticket for a season. The club could have considered doing that too.
If handled correctly, the situation might resolve itself when the new stand is built. Some people could be encouraged to move there from the Holmesdale.
Old 18-08-2018, 11:03 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Actually I don't know how long you've been going but the years between 2000 and 2005 around Taylor, Francis era SP WAS like a graveyard.
There were exceptions. The atmosphere at Norwich during the first Administration was one of the best I've attended at a Palace away game.
Old 18-08-2018, 11:06 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Article in the Guardian. Once again, what consultation with other fans?
It shows you how comments can be taken out of context:

Quote:
But after a row over an attempted expansion of the section this summer, the Fanatics refused to return to their original seats and have since found them sold to other fans.
It almost reads that the club was punishing them by selling their seats.

I think this suggests that the club allocated x number of seats to the HF each season which at some stage the HF told the club that they didn't want them. Presumably the HF had a different arrangement than the rest of us when they could pay up.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 18-08-2018, 12:05 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Isn't all a bit passe now anyway with club sanctioned singing sections up and down the country? When an anaemic tupperware club like Reading now has "Club 1871" in their own designated section, maybe the HF's metaphorical move from The Jam to The Style Council could be a piece of cool timing. As far as terrace culture has always gone, innovation is key.
Old 18-08-2018, 12:34 PM

Crozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The HF have just jumped the shark.
Old 18-08-2018, 12:51 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigGcpfc View Post
They started to believe they were more important than any other Palace fan which can't be right. Agree with the post that said we were becoming no better than a happy clapper lead fan base. Happy to let them go .
this is all pure conjecture. You have no idea what they believed. It's amazing how people apply things to suit their narrative.

The HF were/are fantastic for this club, there is no disputing that. You can't just dismiss them as a group of people singing. Whether you agreed with everything they did or not, the fact they were independent from the club, had their own traditions and focus: that is very valuable and is why our support became known as something a bit special - not what you get at other clubs. The HF gave us that reputation over the last 6 years, no doubt about it!

We'll probably never know what happened here, because the club and the HF will have different interpretations of the events that led up to this hugely disappointing ending.

I'm just gutted about it all. I feel like I don't trust the club well enough to communicate and manage this situation properly, so therefore I have sympathy with the HF - but I also understand that season ticket holders in E shouldn't have been expected to move. What I THINK (and this is conjecture) pissed the HF off is that the club may have said they'd consult Block E about a move and THEY DIDN'T DO IT. That is disingenuous to a group of supporters who have made huge efforts to back our team over the years. I remind you all of the glorious display in the FA Cup Final, we were all so proud of that. But who amongst us has ever spent 10 hours in a warehouse preparing banners and artwork? Who spends 90+ minutes singing, regardless of what's happening on the pitch? The objectively added so much to Selhurst and I they don't owe any of us an explanation for no longer supporting the team as a group.
Old 18-08-2018, 01:00 PM

asus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So many people still criticizing HF on the basis of a whole load of assumption and very little known fact.
Old 18-08-2018, 01:05 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by asus View Post
So many people still criticizing HF on the basis of a whole load of assumption and very little known fact.
Several posters have been on this thread claiming to know the HF Ďsideí and posting information as facts.

Maybe they arenít in the know as much as they claim, who knows. But you canít expect other posters not to respond to the criticism that has been dished out at the club, Parish and the current ST holders in Block E.
Old 18-08-2018, 01:06 PM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
There were exceptions. The atmosphere at Norwich during the first Administration was one of the best I've attended at a Palace away game.
Five-minute mid-game standing ovation for Sir Stevie, wasn't it? Spine-tingling.
Old 18-08-2018, 01:24 PM

bigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
this is all pure conjecture. You have no idea what they believed. It's amazing how people apply things to suit their narrative.

The HF were/are fantastic for this club, there is no disputing that. You can't just dismiss them as a group of people singing. Whether you agreed with everything they did or not, the fact they were independent from the club, had their own traditions and focus: that is very valuable and is why our support became known as something a bit special - not what you get at other clubs. The HF gave us that reputation over the last 6 years, no doubt about it!

We'll probably never know what happened here, because the club and the HF will have different interpretations of the events that led up to this hugely disappointing ending.

I'm just gutted about it all. I feel like I don't trust the club well enough to communicate and manage this situation properly, so therefore I have sympathy with the HF - but I also understand that season ticket holders in E shouldn't have been expected to move. What I THINK (and this is conjecture) pissed the HF off is that the club may have said they'd consult Block E about a move and THEY DIDN'T DO IT. That is disingenuous to a group of supporters who have made huge efforts to back our team over the years. I remind you all of the glorious display in the FA Cup Final, we were all so proud of that. But who amongst us has ever spent 10 hours in a warehouse preparing banners and artwork? Who spends 90+ minutes singing, regardless of what's happening on the pitch? The objectively added so much to Selhurst and I they don't owe any of us an explanation for no longer supporting the team as a group.
I gather from your comments that you think they are bigger and more important than our club and we will suffer on the pitch without them.
Old 18-08-2018, 02:39 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigGcpfc View Post
I gather from your comments that you think they are bigger and more important than our club and we will suffer on the pitch without them.
haha nice assumptions bro.
Old 18-08-2018, 03:30 PM
Probationary User

lurkerfc lurkerfc lurkerfc lurkerfc lurkerfc lurkerfc lurkerfc lurkerfc lurkerfc lurkerfc lurkerfc
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I have a funny feeling that weirdly, this is going to galvanise the fans and actually make the overall atmosphere better as a stadium. I think a lot of fans sort of relied too much on the HF starting and continuing songs so sat there thinking 'I don't need to sing'. Time will tell.
You're wrong. They'll be sitting in silence.
Old 18-08-2018, 04:04 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A similar thing happened in the A league here. Potentially it means the 12th Man advantage will move to the away teams at Selhurst. The first time that has happened in years. Melbourne Victory has not been the same since it had issues with it's North Terrace and support has dropped from 50K on some occasions down to under 20K. 6 years the dispute has been going on and it spread around the whole of the A-League with Western Sydney in the same boat now.

It's been such a dramatic effect in the A league that instead of Football in this country being in line to become the 2nd football code after AFL it's now back languishing again.

No atmosphere at the Football = you may as well watch it at home in front of the TV. Took a while for that effect to happen, but it has.
Old 18-08-2018, 05:46 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Lets hope this chap isn't in Block B on Monday

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-08-2018, 06:17 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
I didn't much like the style council at first but they did do some decent numbers in due course
Old 18-08-2018, 06:23 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieEagle View Post
A similar thing happened in the A league here. Potentially it means the 12th Man advantage will move to the away teams at Selhurst. The first time that has happened in years. Melbourne Victory has not been the same since it had issues with it's North Terrace and support has dropped from 50K on some occasions down to under 20K. 6 years the dispute has been going on and it spread around the whole of the A-League with Western Sydney in the same boat now.

It's been such a dramatic effect in the A league that instead of Football in this country being in line to become the 2nd football code after AFL it's now back languishing again.

No atmosphere at the Football = you may as well watch it at home in front of the TV. Took a while for that effect to happen, but it has.
It's not always helped by playing in some of the larger stadiums? The pic below is WSW playing at the Olympic stadium, 11,000 in an 80,000 venue and in front of me is the Wanderers version of the HF actually trying their best (albeit a bit subdued in the pic). Not sure the away fans (far stand) could even hear them. Makes me glad to have a compact ground like Selhurst Park to go.

Saying that being able to take beer to your seat is very welcome!

Old 18-08-2018, 06:34 PM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
If you're worried about the atmosphere at Selhurst, the solution is incredibly simple:

Turn up and sing.
Closed Thread