Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 17-01-2017, 04:50 PM
Pant wetting Mavis

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Agree - there are too many on here that don't deserve better footballers playing for this club. Give them some dickhead that runs around and it doesn't matter how crap they are - they will be loved forever. I am not even sure they watch what happens on the pitch. I thought for the first time ever that we just might be going to play 'grown up football' but it looks like we are determined to drag it back.
Grown up football ?

Is that losing every week ?
Old 17-01-2017, 04:53 PM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowlin87 View Post
Nothing to do with him being a big name. He actually performed better than most of our players and is one who nobody could say doesn't put in a shift. He can improve for sure but I still think he is being asked to play a role that he has only played since he joined us.

If we sell Cabaye we would be waving the white flag in my opinion
He's not playing that bad recently but this small midfield we have with no proper holding midfielder is only going to get us relegated.
Old 17-01-2017, 04:56 PM

Seaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Other than Wilf, Cabaye has been our best player this season. He's also one of the only players we've got that actually looks like he gives a ****. Selling him would be madness.
Old 17-01-2017, 05:02 PM

vincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
i think he's looked reasonable. its just the lack of movement in front of him. some of the team took like chess pieces...
Old 17-01-2017, 05:05 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
So can anyone answer that question I posted earlier: Has Cabaye been in a winning Palace team this season?

It's fairly stupid that if you don't rate him you're automatically branded as someone who wants Paddy Mac back in the team. I loved Chamakh, Fonte, Ambrose, Bolassie and I still love Zaha and Puncheon.

I don't think Cabaye is a bad player but I don't think he's the good one that some are making out on here. And the 'our players aren't good enough for him' argument is weak. He was great in a very average Newcastle team, managed by a pretty average man in Pardew.
Old 17-01-2017, 05:13 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Clearly the most over rated player in modern times at our club but he's by no means the main source of our problems. So I think we have to keep him in January but unless we buy a decent defensive midfielder and No 10 to play alongside him next season, then I would let him go in the summer.

He's a good player but no more than an average premier league midfielder. But we are a below average premier league team so maybe we can't expect any better at the moment.

If we are going to stay up then I think he will need to contribute a lot more, as will several other players. No point selling him now.
Old 17-01-2017, 05:13 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Grown up football ?

Is that losing every week ?
Only the way we have been playing it

Our problem, however we play and whoever manages at the moment is the squad, particularly defensively. Replacing the better players and regressing really can't be the way forward. Losing Souare, Hennessey losing half a yard pls injuries to Dann have made the line in front of Hennessey more fragile than it's been for years. Tomkins, stop start appearances should have mitigated that but TBH it's been a slow start for him.

I think Pardew joined 2 years ago and we were struggling when he arrived. & of the players here before he came started on Saturday. We really did need some wholesale changes of the order discussed in recent days - over the last 2 summers. The conundrum that I can't articulate in a sentence is that the FFP constraints inhibit that happening which makes it very difficult for clubs like Palace.
Old 17-01-2017, 05:15 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaside Eagle View Post
Other than Wilf, Cabaye has been our best player this season. He's also one of the only players we've got that actually looks like he gives a ****. Selling him would be madness.
I disagree. McArthur has been second best player after wilf. Then it's like watching two bald blokes fight over a comb to see who has been third best. Cabaye was below par on Saturday.
Old 17-01-2017, 05:16 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
I have to admit I am one of the dopey palace fans who like it when players run around a lot, but Cabaye runs around enough for me.

Hope he doesn't go, but wouldn't miss his set pieces one bit.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 17-01-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Only the way we have been playing it

Our problem, however we play and whoever manages at the moment is the squad, particularly defensively. Replacing the better players and regressing really can't be the way forward. Losing Souare, Hennessey losing half a yard pls injuries to Dann have made the line in front of Hennessey more fragile than it's been for years. Tomkins, stop start appearances should have mitigated that but TBH it's been a slow start for him.

I think Pardew joined 2 years ago and we were struggling when he arrived. & of the players here before he came started on Saturday. We really did need some wholesale changes of the order discussed in recent days - over the last 2 summers. The conundrum that I can't articulate in a sentence is that the FFP constraints inhibit that happening which makes it very difficult for clubs like Palace.
We've spent an absolute fortune though. Not sure FPP has curtailed us much last summer. Pardew just largely wasted the money he had. Sadly.
Old 17-01-2017, 05:20 PM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Irespective of how good he is, the club need to get rid of the high earners in preparation for next season. We cant have these crazy wages in the Championship.
Old 17-01-2017, 05:22 PM

elgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Irespective of how good he is, the club need to get rid of the high earners in preparation for next season. We cant have these crazy wages in the Championship.
Oh sorry didn't realise the season had ended,what a dumb arse thing to say.
We might well go down..but if we do it will be at the end of the season.
Old 17-01-2017, 05:27 PM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
We've spent an absolute fortune though. Not sure FPP has curtailed us much last summer. Pardew just largely wasted the money he had. Sadly.
We have because that's what it costs these days. We bought just 3 players didn't we? Tomkins, Townsend and Benteke. But we needed by then a CB, FB cover, a 'tall' DM and ideally the AM that Southgate is desperate for and probably a winger/wide man player with pace

I think the forwards should have been OK Benteke, Remy, Wickham and Campbell but ironically thats the only dept that was fixed. We also need a keeper as it happens. I don't know how you fix that TBH. The only way I can imagine this being OK was if we had seriously started that process in TP's summer window and spread it over the windows but still not sure we had the cash to do that (FFP)
Old 17-01-2017, 05:28 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
Worth repeating from the Cabaye thread....

I used to despair at some of our fans, now I just accept they are morons.

If they had the opportunity to **** the bird of their dreams they'd be on here within 3 months saying she doesn't give blow-jobs as well as some slapper from the Cherries and can't make a decent bacon sarnie.
It's a bit like the bird of your dreams turning up. Only to realise she has acquired the clap after you've spent the entire evening buying her drinks.
Old 17-01-2017, 05:30 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
So can anyone answer that question I posted earlier: Has Cabaye been in a winning Palace team this season?

It's fairly stupid that if you don't rate him you're automatically branded as someone who wants Paddy Mac back in the team. I loved Chamakh, Fonte, Ambrose, Bolassie and I still love Zaha and Puncheon.

I don't think Cabaye is a bad player but I don't think he's the good one that some are making out on here. And the 'our players aren't good enough for him' argument is weak. He was great in a very average Newcastle team, managed by a pretty average man in Pardew.
Furthermore he compromised Puncheon's game at a time when he was performing brilliantly and taking some of the best direct free kicks in the league.
Old 17-01-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
We have because that's what it costs these days. We bought just 3 players didn't we? Tomkins, Townsend and Benteke. But we needed by then a CB, FB cover, a 'tall' DM and ideally the AM that Southgate is desperate for and probably a winger/wide man player with pace

I think the forwards should have been OK Benteke, Remy, Wickham and Campbell but ironically thats the only dept that was fixed. We also need a keeper as it happens. I don't know how you fix that TBH. The only way I can imagine this being OK was if we had seriously started that process in TP's summer window and spread it over the windows but still not sure we had the cash to do that (FFP)
Not sure we got value for money - a combined 55 million for Benteke, Townsend and Tomkins is eye watering in terms of the return on investment. So far anyway.

Hopefully there is more money in the coffers to address the gaps in the squad.
Old 17-01-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Not sure we got value for money - a combined 55 million for Benteke, Townsend and Tomkins is eye watering in terms of the return on investment. So far anyway.

Hopefully there is more money in the coffers to address the gaps in the squad.
You would think there is some but the wages eat that up and we have spent (up to) 12m on Schlupp so far, must be a LB on the way etc etc. In truth the cash simply doesn't go far. It's a short term problem for the club and TBH a long term one for the owners.
Old 17-01-2017, 05:50 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Now is not the time for a clear out of First team players, we really will be asking for trouble, we need to strengthen and not weaken. Ok fine to sell if not in the reckoning or maybe One First teamer like say Townsend to balance books especially as he seems uninterested for the cause.
Old 17-01-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
You would think there is some but the wages eat that up and we have spent (up to) 12m on Schlupp so far, must be a LB on the way etc etc. In truth the cash simply doesn't go far. It's a short term problem for the club and TBH a long term one for the owners.
Yep, which makes the domestic market a real problem. We need to start finding some more reasonably priced international players. Not sure our scouting operation is really delivering on that front.
Old 17-01-2017, 06:44 PM

rattus2002 is fond of sand dunes and salty airrattus2002 is fond of sand dunes and salty airrattus2002 is fond of sand dunes and salty airrattus2002 is fond of sand dunes and salty airrattus2002 is fond of sand dunes and salty airrattus2002 is fond of sand dunes and salty airrattus2002 is fond of sand dunes and salty airrattus2002 is fond of sand dunes and salty airrattus2002 is fond of sand dunes and salty airrattus2002 is fond of sand dunes and salty airrattus2002 is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Quote:
Originally Posted by New LP View Post
Furthermore he compromised Puncheon's game at a time when he was performing brilliantly and taking some of the best direct free kicks in the league.
😂....