Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott
Yeah, he blew it twice in fact. He made a go for it, with just under 1km to go, from the back trying to surprise the others, but one of the riders near the front moved to the right without knowing Sanchez was about to overtake him and blocked him out. Without that dodgy gear change in the final 100m he would surely have won.
Have you seen that confirmed anywhere Kab (the gear change thing)? I only caught the final few minutes but as they did the immediate aerial replay I saw Sanchez fiddling about and thought immediately he's having a problem gettting his sprint gear but the commentators were keeping on about he's gone.

The way I saw it that few seconds fiddling cost him as he was all over Kloden as they came to the line too early for him.

Fair play to Kloden though, someone of his talent deserves any success that come his way.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:49 PM

stange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I had a feeling that Kloden might do it about 10k out (easy to say now of course). He wasn't really putting in the big shifts. Thought Wiggins did okay, short of his climbing legs but he held on well. Can't help thinking that he's already had the high point of his roadie career. Uran dissapointed me, for a climber he looked to be struggling.

Also watched the Tirano Adriatico (probably spelt all wrong) good win for Farrar, Cav timed it all wrong from what I saw.

All that said, it's still early in the season.....
Old 10-03-2011, 11:11 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stange555
I had a feeling that Kloden might do it about 10k out (easy to say now of course). He wasn't really putting in the big shifts. Thought Wiggins did okay, short of his climbing legs but he held on well. Can't help thinking that he's already had the high point of his roadie career. Uran dissapointed me, for a climber he looked to be struggling.

Also watched the Tirano Adriatico (probably spelt all wrong) good win for Farrar, Cav timed it all wrong from what I saw.

All that said, it's still early in the season.....
French commentators were suggesting Uran was riding for Wiggins, which could explain why he dropped down towards the end, although I haven't really looked at the stage positions that carefully.

Watched Tirreno (sp I think) Adriatico straight after Paris-Nice. They were saying Cavendish was already dropped from an earlier climb and was also struggling on the final couple of "ramps". At one point towards the end, one of his lead-out men turned around and he wasn't there any more. According to the commentators they should have ridden for Renshaw who had to fend for himself at the end. Farrer's train was looking ominously good with World Champ Thor Hushovd the final lead-out man. That helps, I suppose.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Be interesting to see how Wiggo goes in the TT. He's not far off. Tony Martin looks like he's going for this though.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:24 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
No official confirmation about what happened to Sanchez. I was only going on what I saw on TV.
Tony Martin is my favourite for tomorrow, though I suppose Kloden will be there or thereabouts.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Noot! Noot!

Excellent win by Martin today and a good performance from Wiggo. Tomorrow will be interesting.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:15 PM

Today's stage. Martin won but no surprise there. Wiggo's performance surprised a few over here.

Place Coureur Temps / Ecart
1 ALL T.MARTIN (THR) 33'24"
2 GBR B.WIGGINS (SKY) 20"
3 AUS R.PORTE (SBS) 29"
4 ALL A.KLDEN (RSH) 46"
5 FRA J.PERAUD (ALM) 55"
6 HOL L.WESTRA (VCD) 57"
7 USA A.TALANSKY (GRM) 1'05"
8 EST R.TAARAMAE (COF) 1'10"
9 USA L.LEIPHEIMER (RSH) m.t.
10 USA T.VAN GARDEREN (THR) 1'29"
11 KAZ A.VINOKOUROV (AST) m.t.
12 SLV J.BRAJKOVIC (RSH) 1'32"
13 HOL B.MOLLEMA (RAB) 1'38"
14 ESP L.SANCHEZ (RAB) 1'40"
15 BEL T.DE GENDT (VCD) 1'43"
16 ESP S.SANCHEZ (EUS) m.t.
17 BEL S.DEVOLDER (VCD) 1'47"
18 BLR K.SIUTSOU (THR) 1'49"
19 ESP X.TONDO VOLPINI (MOV) 1'51"
20 ALL L.GERDEMANN (LEO) 1'55"
Old 11-03-2011, 08:17 PM

GC after today's stage:

1 ALL T.MARTIN (THR) 24h59'47"
2 ALL A.KLDEN (RSH) 36"
3 GBR B.WIGGINS (SKY) 39"
4 EST R.TAARAMAE (COF) 1'10"
5 FRA J.PERAUD (ALM) 1'14"
6 USA L.LEIPHEIMER (RSH) 1'29"
7 SLV J.BRAJKOVIC (RSH) 1'32"
8 ESP S.SANCHEZ (EUS) 1'37"
9 ESP X.TONDO VOLPINI (MOV) 1'51"
10 HOL B.MOLLEMA (RAB) 1'57"
11 ESP L.SANCHEZ (RAB) 1'58"
12 AUS R.PORTE (SBS) 2'05"
13 AUS M.ROGERS (SKY) 2'17"
14 BEL M.MONFORT (LEO) 2'22"
15 ITA M.CARRARA (VCD) 2'28"
16 LUX F.SCHLECK (LEO) 2'30"
17 CRO R.KISERLOVSKI (AST) 2'31"
18 USA T.VAN GARDEREN (THR) 3'05"
19 DAN C.SORENSEN (SBS) 3'07"
20 RTC R.KREUZIGER (AST) 3'09"
Old 11-03-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST
Excellent win by Martin today and a good performance from Wiggo. Tomorrow will be interesting.

Long and once again up and down all day. My brother-in-law lives in Draguignan and the last time we went down to see him in August 2009 I did the respectable thing and put the bike in the boot of the car. Because it was a holiday and not a "training camp" I was setting out at 10.30/11.00 (and not at the crack of dawn) for my ride up and down "les Alpes du Sud". Almost fainted a few times due to the heat. So I know the first 50km or so. For me there are about 10 "cols" even before the riders get to the first one! The heat won't be a problem tomorrow as they've announced some dodgy weather for Saturday and Sunday down there. The descents could be fun.
Radioshack have got three riders in the top 10 so they might try to shake it up a bit.
I'm going for Chavanel to win this, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Voeckler and De Gendt on the attack again.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Noot! Noot!

I'd expect it from Voeckler (and fair play to him) as he's not pushed too hard today (3'43" on Martin) and will probably be allowed to attack - he just doesn't want anyone too high on GC tagging along.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:30 AM

stange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST
I'd expect it from Voeckler (and fair play to him) as he's not pushed too hard today (3'43" on Martin) and will probably be allowed to attack - he just doesn't want anyone too high on GC tagging along.
I thought Wiggins did really well yesterday, he'll have it tough today though, won't be allowed to do anything. Voeckler will go on the break. I'm going to plump for Uran, nothing to lose and because Wiggins won't be going anywhere he probably won't have too much of a job to do. I will be wrong though.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:39 PM

Memorable stage today with the rain being an unwelcome guest for the riders but certainly not for anyone watching. Crashes all over the shop including one, I didn't get to see who it was, who finished up under a van parked by the side of the road!
Good stage win for Di Gregario who attacked with about 12km to go and held off a very meagre chasing group.
I'm not convinced about this Di Gregario guy though. He won his only victory in "Le Tour de L'Avenir" for under-23 year old riders in 2006 and became a favourite with the French fans after a long breakaway in a mountain stage of the TDF a year or two later. He was touted as the new Virenque (God forbid). He never confirmed this precocious talent and only flattered to deceive. So what does he do? Signs up with Astana, is taken under Vino's wing to "show him the ropes" and, hey presto, after a couple of weeks into the season he wins a prestigious stage of Paris-Nice after coming very close a couple of days ago against Voeckler. Watch this space ...

Uran did well too as did Brad again.

1 FRA R.DI GREGORIO (AST) 5h46'23"
2 ESP S.SANCHEZ (EUS) 05"
3 COL R.URAN (SKY) m.t.
4 ALL A.KLDEN (RSH) 07"
5 ALL T.MARTIN (THR) m.t.
6 EST R.TAARAMAE (COF) m.t.
7 SLV J.BRAJKOVIC (RSH) 09"
8 GBR B.WIGGINS (SKY) m.t.
9 ESP X.TONDO VOLPINI (MOV) m.t.
10 BEL M.MONFORT (LEO) 11"
11 FRA J.PERAUD (ALM) 14"
12 USA L.LEIPHEIMER (RSH) m.t.
13 FRA B.KADRI (ALM) m.t.
14 HOL B.MOLLEMA (RAB) m.t.
15 FRA R.HARDY (BSC) m.t.
16 RTC R.KREUZIGER (AST) 18"
17 SLV S.SPILAK (LAM) 19"
18 ESP D.LOPEZ GARCIA (MOV) 29"
19 AUS M.ROGERS (SKY) m.t.
20 ESP L.PASAMONTES (MOV) m.t.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:41 PM

GC after today:

1 ALL T.MARTIN (THR) 30h46'17"
2 ALL A.KLDEN (RSH) 36"
3 GBR B.WIGGINS (SKY) 41"
5 FRA J.PERAUD (ALM) 1'21"
6 ESP S.SANCHEZ (EUS) 1'29"
7 SLV J.BRAJKOVIC (RSH) 1'34"
8 USA L.LEIPHEIMER (RSH) 1'36"
9 ESP X.TONDO VOLPINI (MOV) 1'53"
10 HOL B.MOLLEMA (RAB) 2'04"
11 BEL M.MONFORT (LEO) 2'26"
12 AUS M.ROGERS (SKY) 2'39"
13 ITA M.CARRARA (VCD) 2'50"
14 RTC R.KREUZIGER (AST) 3'20"
15 SLV S.SPILAK (LAM) 3'24"
16 ALL L.GERDEMANN (LEO) 4'21"
17 ESP L.PASAMONTES (MOV) 4'37"
18 CAN R.HESJEDAL (GRM) 5'13"
19 BLR K.SIUTSOU (THR) 6'12"
20 FRA P.FEDRIGO (FDJ) 6'15"
Old 12-03-2011, 08:46 PM

More fun and games tomorrow with a short final stage in which Martin will have to keep his wits about him if he wants to hold on to first place. The rain could cause havoc again tomorrow as it's all up and down again.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
A very enjoyable stage despite or probably because of the conditions.
You are right to be wary of Di Gregorio - anyone related to Astana and Vino is cause for concern. That Di G got to the finish at all was amazing - how he stayed on after his rear wheel went at about 2k to go was incredible.
Old 13-03-2011, 01:26 AM
Noot! Noot!

The waspish report on eurosport (in english) made me laugh. The subtext was screaming.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
Di Gregorio, who hails from the same region as six-times Tour de France "king of the mountains" Richard Virenque, almost found himself without a team at the end of last season when Francaise des Jeux did not renew his contract.

However, he showed Virenque-type qualities on Saturday
Quote:
Known for his carefree approach in the past, Di Gregorio says he is learning from working alongside experienced riders like Vinokourov.

"I'm only 26 but I'm already in my seventh pro year and I'm learning a lot by seeing how he rides," he said.
Old 13-03-2011, 05:20 PM

Well done to Voeckler again. Only Sanchez had a go near the end. Radioshack bottled it. Shame.

1 FRA T.VOECKLER (EUC) 3h15'58"
2 ITA D.ULISSI (LAM) 23"
3 FRA J.EL FARES (COF) 1'06"
4 ESP S.SANCHEZ (EUS) m.t.
5 ESP D.LOPEZ GARCIA (MOV) m.t.
6 ITA M.CARRARA (VCD) 1'08"
7 ESP G.IZAGUIRRE INSAUSTI (EUS) 1'12"
8 ESP J.ROJAS GIL (MOV) 1'22"
9 SLV S.SPILAK (LAM) m.t.
10 LIT T.VAITKUS (AST) m.t.
11 HOL B.MOLLEMA (RAB) m.t.
12 FRA A.JEANNESSON (FDJ) m.t.
13 ALL A.KLDEN (RSH) m.t.
14 FRA B.KADRI (ALM) m.t.
15 SLV J.BRAJKOVIC (RSH) m.t.
16 ALL T.MARTIN (THR) m.t.
17 GBR B.WIGGINS (SKY) m.t.
18 EST R.TAARAMAE (COF) m.t.
19 USA L.LEIPHEIMER (RSH) m.t.
20 BEL M.MONFORT (LEO) m.t.
Old 13-03-2011, 05:24 PM

Final GC. In the end the TT was a little too long. A good week's racing allthe same. Next weekend it's "le Rallye de Printemps" (88 hilly kilometres) at Soucieu en Jarrest for me or Milan-San Remo for the pros.

1 ALL T.MARTIN (THR) 34h03'37"
2 ALL A.KLDEN (RSH) 36"
3 GBR B.WIGGINS (SKY) 41"
5 ESP S.SANCHEZ (EUS) 1'13"
6 FRA J.PERAUD (ALM) 1'24"
7 SLV J.BRAJKOVIC (RSH) 1'34"
8 USA L.LEIPHEIMER (RSH) 1'36"
9 HOL B.MOLLEMA (RAB) 2'04"
10 BEL M.MONFORT (LEO) 2'26"
11 ITA M.CARRARA (VCD) 2'35"
12 AUS M.ROGERS (SKY) 2'42"
13 SLV S.SPILAK (LAM) 3'24"
14 ESP X.TONDO VOLPINI (MOV) 5'43"
15 FRA B.KADRI (ALM) 6'19"
16 ESP J.ROJAS GIL (MOV) 7'03"
17 RTC R.KREUZIGER (AST) 7'10"
18 ALL L.GERDEMANN (LEO) 8'11"
19 ITA D.ULISSI (LAM) 8'14"
20 ESP L.PASAMONTES (MOV) 8'27"
21 FRA T.VOECKLER (EUC) 9'58"
23 FRA R.DI GREGORIO (AST) 10'45"
Old 13-03-2011, 06:48 PM
Noot! Noot!

Well done Voeckler - he really does guarantee entertainment. Wiggins has done well, a tidy performance. His track form was good as well and we'll see how he does in the world champs coming up soon. I think he may be set for a good season.
Old 13-03-2011, 09:25 PM

Yup, good work Wiggins. I predicted a top ten for him, and Uran nearly did me proud yesterday. Loved Tondo falling accross the line yesterday, couldn't work out what Movistar were playing at.