Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 26-05-2018, 07:21 AM

LuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's staggering when reading about the over the top comments about TFM, when the reality is he was no better than average at best to what we witnessed at his time at the Palace. And when AWB emerged and then Ward was fit he was pushed to the back of the queue by Roy Hodgson and that for a very good reason.
The simple fact was at the start of the season we only had Ward as our only recognised RB as AWB had not emerged, and obviously Kelly was not seen as adequate cover, so when the opportunity to bring in on loan a Man Utd and emerging Dutch Int it seemed to good to miss, but the reality proved to be different as the season progressed apart from the odd decent game he disappointed me.
We now move forward with an emerging AWB with hopefully Ward also contesting to being First choice, and if he were to leave then to get Fredricks especially on a Free would be good business.
If as some are suggesting we pay probably around £20m for TFM, Why? when money could be better spent elsewhere on far more urgent areas, in any case this is all irrelevant as i dont see RH going back in for him.
Old 26-05-2018, 11:50 AM

aashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
It's staggering when reading about the over the top comments about TFM, when the reality is he was no better than average at best to what we witnessed at his time at the Palace. And when AWB emerged and then Ward was fit he was pushed to the back of the queue by Roy Hodgson and that for a very good reason.
The simple fact was at the start of the season we only had Ward as our only recognised RB as AWB had not emerged, and obviously Kelly was not seen as adequate cover, so when the opportunity to bring in on loan a Man Utd and emerging Dutch Int it seemed to good to miss, but the reality proved to be different as the season progressed apart from the odd decent game he disappointed me.
We now move forward with an emerging AWB with hopefully Ward also contesting to being First choice, and if he were to leave then to get Fredricks especially on a Free would be good business.
If as some are suggesting we pay probably around £20m for TFM, Why? when money could be better spent elsewhere on far more urgent areas, in any case this is all irrelevant as i dont see RH going back in for him.
Bar the man city game thought TFM was bang average. Positional sense was terrible, if he didn't have pace he'd be lower league Dutch leagues.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:27 PM

Pikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is here
Just saw this on HOL, nice tribute to the club and fans from TFM:

Timothy Fosu-Mensah has paid tribute to the Crystal Palace supporters on returning to Manchester United.The 20-year-old spent the season on loan at Selhurst Park and made a positive impression at right back and also centre half during the Eagles' injury crisis.

Now back at Old Trafford, the Dutchman is grateful to have gained Premier League experience and also having the opportunity to experience Palace's vocal fan base.

"Playing in front of the home fans at Selhurst was very special," he said. "When we played against Chelsea and Manchester City at home, they were crazy and those are some very special memories for me.

"They are great fans because we struggled at the start, but they stood by us and that shows a lot about the club and the fans. I donít think any other fans would do that for their team."

He added: "I think it was a good season and I enjoyed it a lot. As a young player you have to learn and youíre going to make mistakes, but Palace gave me an opportunity. Itís been great to play for a beautiful club like Palace in the Premier League Ė it was just amazing."
"Thatís the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."
Old 04-06-2018, 04:33 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There's a 'Come and get me' statement if ever I read one!
Old 04-06-2018, 04:42 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's great to have him genuinely leave a positive review on his loan, bodes well and hopefully can help persuade others if they needed a positive reference.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:59 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
He’s got huge potential. He’d be a very good signing but I wouldn’t want to slow Bissaka’s development and I don’t think he’s a good enough CB yet. He’d be an excellent player to have in the squad though given his versatility.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:59 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
He'd be a great long term addition. Let's hope for our sake Mourinho continues to freeze out the youngsters.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:09 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Release Ward, sign Fosu-Mensah, then let Wan-Bissaka and Fosu-Mensah fight it out?

Not a bad idea to have more young defenders, especially one who can play across the backline. I would sign him.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:14 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Release Ward, sign Fosu-Mensah, then let Wan-Bissaka and Fosu-Mensah fight it out?

Not a bad idea to have more young defenders, especially one who can play across the backline. I would sign him.
Release on a free and pay £20m or so?

For a player to battle it out for a position.? Nah!
Old 04-06-2018, 05:33 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Has been mentioned among Man Utd fans as a defensive central midfielder also
Old 04-06-2018, 06:10 PM

PemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by the digger View Post
Has been mentioned among Man Utd fans as a defensive central midfielder also
Could see that.

Despite some obvious strengths, he would need to work massively on his crossing and composure in the opposition's half to make it at full back.

Nice words on his time at Palace.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:20 PM

Pikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU View Post
It's great to have him genuinely leave a positive review on his loan, bodes well and hopefully can help persuade others if they needed a positive reference.
His manager keeps saying our stadium and fans are beautiful too.
"Thatís the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."
Old 04-06-2018, 07:02 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
Blimey, isn't it just. Not sure I'd be happy if a player of ours started saying another teams fans were unique. But then it is Man Utd so **** em. And he is right of course.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:08 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikie Punisher View Post
His manager keeps saying our stadium and fans are beautiful too.
Well he has run out of big clubs to manage after manure. So Portugal followed by Palace
Old 04-06-2018, 07:17 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Timothy Fosu-Mensah has paid tribute to the Crystal Palace supporters on returning to Manchester United.The 20-year-old spent the season on loan at Selhurst Park and made a positive impression at right back and also centre half during the Eagles' injury crisis.

Now back at Old Trafford, the Dutchman is grateful to have gained Premier League experience and also having the opportunity to experience Palace's vocal fan base.

"Playing in front of the home fans at Selhurst was very special," he said. "When we played against Chelsea and Manchester City at home, they were crazy and those are some very special memories for me.

"They are great fans because we struggled at the start, but they stood by us and that shows a lot about the club and the fans. I donít think any other fans would do that for their team."

He added: "I think it was a good season and I enjoyed it a lot. As a young player you have to learn and youíre going to make mistakes, but Palace gave me an opportunity. Itís been great to play for a beautiful club like Palace in the Premier League Ė it was just amazing."
Good man.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

Old 04-06-2018, 08:12 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:

Isn't this just the same statement that he put out a couple of weeks ago on our official site and which was shared on this thread then and which we have already discussed?

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 04-06-2018 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:16 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Isn't this just the same statement that he put out a couple of weeks ago on our official site and which was shared on here then and which we have already discussed?
yes
Old 04-06-2018, 08:22 PM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Iíd be happy with that. I liked what I saw of him. More potential than Riedewald IMO.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:29 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Heís got huge potential. Heíd be a very good signing but I wouldnít want to slow Bissakaís development and I donít think heís a good enough CB yet. Heíd be an excellent player to have in the squad though given his versatility.
Makes you wonder if he would make a good ball wining midfielder?
Old 04-06-2018, 08:35 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Makes you wonder if he would make a good ball wining midfielder?
I had thought that. I think he could. His pace is superb. He just needs to slow down at times as he runs too fast for his brain to catch up! I think he will become a very good premier league player.