Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-06-2018, 02:04 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
I'd like him as well, my main issue would to see him given a chance predominantly in defensive midfield, when he picks the ball up he's very good at taking it up the field, but not great at crossing it. I know he can cover full back and just about centre back, but if he was trained in this area, I feel we'd get more out of him.

As everyone else says, great attitude, could've sulked when AWB kept starting over him, he actually did the opposite.
Old 13-06-2018, 02:28 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
To compare him to AWB is a joke. Versatile and will develop but it was notable he got no where near the first z11 for last part of season
Old 13-06-2018, 02:47 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
To compare him to AWB is a joke. Versatile and will develop but it was notable he got no where near the first z11 for last part of season
Tricky he's actually younger than AWB and the only reason AWB got in was JW getting injured....... I'm not sure having two inexperienced players at the same time in your back line during a relegation scrap is a great idea. If you look at it TFM played in 21 matches while AWB got 7......... Hodgson used him at CB, RB and once or twice in the midfield. I could see the club going back in for him if Dann looks to be out for a while (probable) and if Jach is going to need season out on loan himself (highly probable).
Old 13-06-2018, 02:48 PM
Banned by Moderators

RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman
Quote:
That's a bit harsh on AWB
Old 13-06-2018, 02:52 PM

Bryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Tricky he's actually younger than AWB and the only reason AWB got in was JW getting injured....... I'm not sure having two inexperienced players at the same time in your back line during a relegation scrap is a great idea. If you look at it TFM played in 21 matches while AWB got 7......... Hodgson used him at CB, RB and once or twice in the midfield. I could see the club going back in for him if Dann looks to be out for a while (probable) and if Jach is going to need season out on loan himself (highly probable).
AWB was playing right in the middle of our relegation scrap and against the best teams in the league. I know we lost a lot of those games but we were expected to, they were mostly very close and he put in man of the match performances and can clearly handle the presssure.

Back to TFM, would love to see him as defensive midfield but also like his versatility. Also decent as a right back but not so much as a full back in my opinion.
Old 13-06-2018, 02:53 PM
Banned by Moderators

RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman
Quote:
More seriously - AWB looks a fantastic prospect from some quite limited evidence.

However, no other club would, for example, buy AWB above TFM.

TFM is the more valuable player at this moment in time. Would be a great signing for us but difficult to see where he fits in without stunting AWB's progress.
Old 13-06-2018, 03:04 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiHedman View Post
More seriously - AWB looks a fantastic prospect from some quite limited evidence.

However, no other club would, for example, buy AWB above TFM.

TFM is the more valuable player at this moment in time. Would be a great signing for us but difficult to see where he fits in without stunting AWB's progress.
AWB can push forward more, TFM can move inside to CB position if needed too. To have two, young, prodigious talents in the squad would be great for the club and would drive the two of them on to higher levels.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 13-06-2018, 03:15 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
AWB can push forward more, TFM can move inside to CB position if needed too. To have two, young, prodigious talents in the squad would be great for the club and would drive the two of them on to higher levels.
I don't disagree with the general sentiment. But the jury is definitely out on TFM playing centre back at least in the next couple of years.
Old 13-06-2018, 03:21 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Agree.

Wan-Biassaka is a RB/RWB, whereas Fosu-Mensah is a CB/RB.

They can both do a job in the RB position and do it well but i would have AWB there and TFM may be on the bench as the CB and RB option especially until Dann is fit. The problem will be cost as i suspect they will want a lot for him and we probably wouldn't want to pay more than £10m.
Old 13-06-2018, 03:22 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don't disagree with the general sentiment. But the jury is definitely out on TFM playing centre back at least in the next couple of years.
Its where i think he will end up. IMO he should go to a Championship club and learn the CB role.
Old 13-06-2018, 03:26 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
I thought he looked, and I don't mean to be harsh considering his age, a bit out of his depth at cb. I know it's difficult to slip straight into that particular position, but he didn't look comfortable to me. Sitting in front of the centre backs and breaking forward at pace through the middle to lay it off to RLC/Wilf/whoever is where I'd like to see him eventually. (if we were to get him that is).
Old 13-06-2018, 03:26 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Agree.

Wan-Biassaka is a RB/RWB, whereas Fosu-Mensah is a CB/RB.

They can both do a job in the RB position and do it well but i would have AWB there and TFM may be on the bench as the CB and RB option especially until Dann is fit. The problem will be cost as i suspect they will want a lot for him and we probably wouldn't want to pay more than £10m.
He would be a good signing at any number below £20m. No way he will leave for £10m or less.

But given his age and apparent potential he would be a sound investment and we'd be well advised to find the money.
Old 13-06-2018, 03:36 PM

PemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
He would be a good signing at any number below £20m. No way he will leave for £10m or less.

But given his age and apparent potential he would be a sound investment and we'd be well advised to find the money.
I don't believe he is worth more than £10m plus as an initial down payment for someone who will be a squad player next year.

As I mentioned before £5m rising to £15m overall might be fine but its stretching it to budget more for him than that for what he would currently offer us.

Levy would probably offer £1m rising to £5m
Old 13-06-2018, 03:40 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by PemboExpress View Post
I don't believe he is worth more than £10m plus as an initial down payment for someone who will be a squad player next year.

As I mentioned before £5m rising to £15m overall might be fine but its stretching it to budget more for him than that for what he would currently offer us.

Levy would probably offer £1m rising to £5m
Well it won't happen for that sort of money. Young players with some history of success in the PL are hugely valuable - if they continue to look like half decent PL players they become very saleable.
Old 13-06-2018, 04:09 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:

If he's worth that amount then how much is AWB worth?
Old 13-06-2018, 04:12 PM

Man U have also just bought Dalot for £19m who will further block TFM's opportunity to play games.
Old 13-06-2018, 04:13 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
That's a bit harsh on AWB

He was talking about TFM
Old 13-06-2018, 04:34 PM

PemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Well it won't happen for that sort of money. Young players with some history of success in the PL are hugely valuable - if they continue to look like half decent PL players they become very saleable.
Not sure you can say his time was successful as AWB and Ward usurped him come the end of the season and with United signing Dalot he is obviously not considered successful enough there either.
Old 13-06-2018, 05:16 PM

Bryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Man U have also just bought Dalot for £19m who will further block TFM's opportunity to play games.
If he’s smart you would think he’ll work out for himself he’ll need to move or go on loan again especially seeing directly how that’s helped Loftus-Cheek and himself to a lesser extent. Clearly loves the club, covers a number of positions and would not break the bank. All Man Utd fans I know rate him mainly as a DM (for what that’s worth).

We had some fantastic athletes (and ancronyms) at the club last season by the way in TFM, AWB, RLC, PVA, Townsend, Luka, Schlupp, Zaha etc

No brainier if he’s available.
Old 13-06-2018, 05:22 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Agree 100% we need to look beyond next season

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane