Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Betting

Notices

World of Betting Betting forum. Please bet responsibly: gambleaware.co.uk

Old 14-12-2003, 02:59 AM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Having a small single on Orlando Magic at 17/10
Old 14-12-2003, 06:29 AM

daz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Atlanta At N Y Islanders N Y Islanders to win with Handicap of -0.5 @ 5/7 Won
Detroit At Washington Detroit to win with Handicap of -0.5 @ 20/21 Won
N Y Rangers At Toronto Toronto to win with Handicap of -0.5 @ 5/7 Won
Columbus At Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Penguins to win with Handicap of +0.5 @ 10/11 Won
Montreal At Tampa Bay Montreal to win with Handicap of +0.5 @ 29/20 Won
Buffalo At Minnesota Minnesota to win with Handicap of -0.5 @ 10/13 Won
Los Angeles At St Louis Los Angeles to win with Handicap of +0.5 @ 1/1 Lost

6 winners, 1 loser, losing by one goal with a +0.5 handicap.
S'been happening like this for too long now!
Old 14-12-2003, 06:38 AM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Grim Reaper
Blimey, I'm up again in 6 hours! Dead on my feet.

Doing this with one of my remaining two points

DETROIT RED WINGS at WASHINGTON CAPITALS - Total Over 5.5 1.80
NEW JERSEY DEVILS at PHILADELPHIA FLYERS - Total Under 5.5 1.36
MONTREAL CANADIENS at TAMPA BAY - Total Under 5.5 1.50
BUFFALO SABRES at MINNESOTA WILD - Game Total Under 5.5 1.40
LOS ANGELES KINGS at ST LOUIS BLUES - Game Total Under 5.5 1.52

7.81 Effective Price

This is getting beyond a joke now. For the FIFTH time in two weeks I've notched up 4/5 on a bet!!!!! It's killing me.

Didn't do real money on it as I seem to jinx my competition bets when I have cash on. If I'd had real cash I'd have won some dough.

The One More Point book is underway....and only 12 years late. This will be a book about not just One More Point but a look at all fanzines and their impact. It will look at what it was like being a Palace fan and football fan back in the 80s/90s. If you have comments, memories or just to remind me some (most likely drunken) incident back in the day then please PM me. And if you can think of a decent title then please step right up!
Old 14-12-2003, 06:40 AM

Grim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Grim Reaper
STILL no joy so I've written to Centrebet for their help!!!!

Dear Sirs

I placed, or rather I thought I had placed a fourfold accumulator with Centrebet on the following bet on a number of Floorball matches played on 12/13 Dec. It seems I didn't click proceed at Stage 5 of the betting process (a mistake I've made in the past I have to admit.) However, in order to help me plan future bets I'd be interested to know if the bet would have won.

I have looked all over the internet but cannot find the results and am hoping you'd be kind enough to let me know if these teams won their matches:-

Oilers 1.15
SSV 1.37
OLS 1.43
Josba 1.4

I hope this isn't too much trouble and look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

Cris Lehmann
Centrebet very kindly responded......with a bad answer!

Cris

Here are the results for these matches

Oilers won 5-4
SSV won 9-4
OLS won 5-3
Josba drew 4-4

Regards
Scott
Centrebet

In Betting Master history I've now got a collection that includes two 4/5s a 5/6 and now this 3/4.

1 point left and STILL only on 3.9

The One More Point book is underway....and only 12 years late. This will be a book about not just One More Point but a look at all fanzines and their impact. It will look at what it was like being a Palace fan and football fan back in the 80s/90s. If you have comments, memories or just to remind me some (most likely drunken) incident back in the day then please PM me. And if you can think of a decent title then please step right up!
Old 14-12-2003, 09:10 AM
leviathan

ozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
great work ll cool, 10000th post on the betting thread.
right, not sure how everyone stands,
grim, we need to change this format...
too hard to track what scores everyone is on...
i've returned 6.6 from 7, 3 in hand.
regardless of what everyone else is on.
i'm lumping this treble.
rizespor in turkey, panionis in greece and arsenal.
4.3 the treble, investment 3, points..12.9 collect

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.
Old 14-12-2003, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ozeagle

right, not sure how everyone stands,
grim, we need to change this format...
too hard to track what scores everyone is on...
Probably right there oz. People aren't putting up their scores and it's leading to confusion.

Couple of possibilities. Maybe have a separate thread for each Betting Masters event. That way scores don't get lost in the weight of posts on this thread.

Go back to match play? Only downfall with this is that it's possible for the 2nd best player of the competition to get knocked out 1st Round.

Maybe if people update the scores in their signatures, that would instantly tell everyone their position no matter which post people are looking at.

Trying to work out what sort of acca I need to do to get in the top four. Seems like Odds Against has not bothered so that's one less to worry about. stigma was on 4.5 or so last time I looked. fredman and latemail don't appear to have scored too highly.

el mico was having a rough time last time I looked and haven't a clue about SE24.

Anyone care to update the situation. I reckon if I can land a 5/1 shot I might get through.
Old 14-12-2003, 09:51 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
5 points used, nothing won and 5 to play
Old 14-12-2003, 10:30 AM
bet collecting

el mico has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsel mico has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsel mico has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsel mico has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsel mico has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsel mico has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsel mico has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsel mico has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsel mico has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsel mico has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsel mico has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Last 2 points

Arsenal/Roma/Monaco treble 2.29

Valencia single 2.3
Old 14-12-2003, 11:18 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by el mico
Last 2 points

Arsenal/Roma/Monaco treble 2.29

Valencia single 2.3
How would you write this down on a betting form, sorry to sound stupid but i have only started betting and am trying to learn.
Old 14-12-2003, 11:28 AM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Grim Reaper
[B]Maybe if people update the scores in their signatures, that would instantly tell everyone their position no matter which post people are looking at.

Not a bad idea that Grim...it so frustrating not knowing how many points the other players have..
Old 14-12-2003, 11:56 AM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Football multi, all home wins:
Odds from Centrebet.
Roma – Modena, 1.2
Juventus – Parma, 1.5
Wolfsburg – Hannover 96, 1.72
Ajax – Utrecht, 1.25
Totalling an odds of: 3,87 x 1 point
(have 1 remaining point)
Old 14-12-2003, 12:20 PM
leviathan

ozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
we must return to match play...
and we must limit to 1 betting masters per month..

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.
Old 14-12-2003, 01:21 PM

Plugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Betting Masters II

May i take this oppurtunity to insatlkl myself as the new favourite for Betting Masters II.

Horse treble (Lord Sam, Rhinestone Cowboy, and Keen Leader) came in. One treble from four in the football.

Profit of 23.98, still with 2pt's to play with thank you very much. Final here i come!

Had a proper proper proper stinker in the football yesterday .

Maybe two games are the same under Iain Dowie?
Old 14-12-2003, 01:27 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Last bet for me is this football multi (odds from Centrebet):
Arsenal – Blackburn, goal score over 2,5 = 1.75
Wolfsburg – Hannover, goal score over 2,5 = 1.55
Valladolid – Real Murcia, Home win = 1.7
Totalling an odds of: 4.61 x 1 point
Old 14-12-2003, 01:43 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Thanks for the useful hints boys
Old 14-12-2003, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ozeagle
we must return to match play...
and we must limit to 1 betting masters per month..
Who put you in charge??

I see your point but to be honest it's only by doing these things that we get to find out what the teething problems actually are.

There will be a natural gap coming up with Xmas anyway. Was thinking along your lines of Betting Masters once a month with perhaps tennis-only tie-ins on Grand Slams and TMS events.

Plugster's really laid down the gauntlet. My planning that 10 points would be enough has been seriously been trashed. Also annoying is that my new-found money tree, the NHL goals system, is only giving me three matches tonight to bet on!!!
Old 14-12-2003, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stavros 69
Thanks for the useful hints boys
I take it from this post you're annoyed at the lack of response.

Here we go then.

This explanation gives you the basics which can be applied to most bookmaking sites.

Pick a certain amount of matches i.e. 5. Once placed you go the site's 'paying screen' and inmost cases you'll be offered the opportunity to pick exactly which bet you'd like.

From five selections you can choose the method you currently go for which is a single accumulator. All five come in, you're rich - if one fails you, you lose everything.

If however, you select fourfolds as your bet, you only need four of your five to come in to win something. What you are actually doing is placing five separate bets i.e. the five different permutations of four selections you can have from a pool of five. Beware, this also means you have to place 5 times your stake to cover each of the bets.

With trebles from 5 selections (a personal favourite of mine) only three have to come in for you to make money but you're doing ten seprate trebles within that selection.

Likewise with doubles you only two to come in to win money. However, unless the odds for each leg are pretty good then doubles can be a waste of time. If you get two in you're unlikely to cover your stake anyway.

My pseronal preference MOST of the time is to pick the option where you canget two wrong and still win something back. If I pick seven selections I'll go for fivefold and from five I go for trebles. Don't know if mathematically I'm doing the right thing but it tends to work for me. I like the idea of having the safety net of getting one wrong and still winning a nice amount and getting twow rong and roughly covering my stake.

Hope this helps.
Old 14-12-2003, 02:45 PM

Very basic score board here

Plugster 23.42
LLCOOL 17 or so
oz (6?)
stigma 4.59
Grim 3.9 1 to play
SE24 0 5 to play
el mico 0?

Don't know about latemail, fredman, Odds
Old 14-12-2003, 02:55 PM
Norwegian red and blue

I think I read earlier that Late mail had: 3,54 points whilst Fredman had 8,4 I’m not certain though...
Personally I need an Ajax goal very soon...
Old 14-12-2003, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stigma
I think I read earlier that Late mail had: 3,54 points whilst Fredman had 8,4 I’m not certain though...
Personally I need an Ajax goal very soon...
Cheers squire. The chances of me making the top four are even more limited!!