Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Betting

Notices

World of Betting Betting forum. Please bet responsibly: gambleaware.co.uk

Old 01-01-2003, 02:11 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Wayne Rooney

Quote:
Originally posted by Plugster
Is the 5/4 with Paddy Power that Wayne Rooney plays for England at any time, the best of the novelty type bets ?
ANY TIME???? Is that ever or just in 2003? If it's ever then I'll be putting my mortgage on it!
The One More Point book is underway....and only 12 years late. This will be a book about not just One More Point but a look at all fanzines and their impact. It will look at what it was like being a Palace fan and football fan back in the 80s/90s. If you have comments, memories or just to remind me some (most likely drunken) incident back in the day then please PM me. And if you can think of a decent title then please step right up!
Old 01-01-2003, 07:16 PM
leviathan

ozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
F.A Cup

Quote:
Going large.

Leicester away to Reading, 13/10.
Blackpool at home to Huddersfield, 8/13.
Cardiff at home to Swindon, 4/9.
Luton away to Chesterfield, 7/4.
Wigan at home to Notts County, 4/11.
Bristol City away to Wycombe, 11/10.

Stick them all in a Heinz 57 with Paddy Power. Good Luck.
terrible Plugster, i thought you said you were a sucessful punter ?

crewe and yeovil did the job, bournemouth postponed.

now to f.a cup 4th round...

palace to win away at Blackpool
everton to win away at shrewsbury
charlton to smash exeter
ipswich to belt morecambe

get 5-1 the 4 of them.

and you ?

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.
Old 02-01-2003, 05:11 PM

Grim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrim Reaper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Re: Wayne Rooney

Quote:
Originally posted by Grim Reaper
ANY TIME???? Is that ever or just in 2003? If it's ever then I'll be putting my mortgage on it!
Anybody?
The One More Point book is underway....and only 12 years late. This will be a book about not just One More Point but a look at all fanzines and their impact. It will look at what it was like being a Palace fan and football fan back in the 80s/90s. If you have comments, memories or just to remind me some (most likely drunken) incident back in the day then please PM me. And if you can think of a decent title then please step right up!
Old 02-01-2003, 05:15 PM

Re: F.A Cup

Quote:
Originally posted by ozeagle
terrible Plugster, i thought you said you were a sucessful punter ?
Give the guy credit - he'd done well leading up to this. Maybe it was a New Year hangover clouding his judgment!

Luckily I tried to do his bet at 2.55 but spent so long trying to work out why Reading v Leicester wasn't available (it had kicked off earlier) that it went past 3pm and I missed the chance to bet. Just as well really!

Are you sure about Palace? Thought about it myself then realised a) when we last won an away match in the cup and b) then even worse when I realised how long it's been since we won away in the Third Round. It's scary when you realise how long it is.
Old 02-01-2003, 08:24 PM
leviathan

ozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
mate, Plugster's been appalling since he told us all he was a keen
and successful football punter..
i want him to win, much as the next bloke but the facts suggest his record is poor, at best.
as for Palace, how do you suppose they will score against us ?
they won't, meaning we'll need 1, and the form Tommy's in, particularly against Div 2
opposition, we'll get at least 1..
take the 2.30 and super load it with Everton to win away.

To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
Old 03-01-2003, 01:48 PM
leviathan

Palace Plonk

big movers with Centrebet, in from 2.3 to 2.15....must be all my £££
other biggest mover is Everton, in from 1.55 to 1.42.
William Hill will bet you all 2.25, take it, and WIN
Eagles !!

Old 03-01-2003, 03:40 PM

Plugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Still In Profit !

As I have been in such poor form recently, I thought I would have a look a see what my financial position was over the season so far. I was stunned to find out that I am showing a profit of £90.95. I know ozeagle will have trouble believing this, but its true. I've checked my records twice and come up with the same figures !

No really strong fancies this weekend, although I will still be having a punt.

Wimbledon away to Rotherham at about 3.5. Rotherham have lost there last three home games (I think) after only losing to Portsmouth before losing to Palace, Millwall, and Sheff Wed. Wimbledon are a good team and have scored plenty of goals away from home.

Sheff Wed away to Gillingham at 5.5. Sheff Wed have alot of good players and are in a so called false position in the league. There recent form is good and in general, I just fancy them.

Bristol City away to Leicester at 7.4. Again, very much one I just fancy. was tempted to lay Leicester but i'm just to tempted by the big odds on Bristol City. They have only lost once in the last 17 games.

Maybe two games are the same under Iain Dowie?
Old 03-01-2003, 03:42 PM

Plugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Ozeagle beware. Before lumping on Charlton, take into consideration that they have a very poor record of going out of the cup in the early rounds and playing poorly against lower league teams. Do some research first.

Old 03-01-2003, 06:33 PM
leviathan

plugster, your redeeming feaure is that you select teams at odds, so please don't think i'm having a go...
i always spend the utmost time researching my tips (ask Ozeaglette), in this case i care nothing for past years records, Charlton will win comfortably, they are as strong as they've ever been, it'll be eay for them.
by the way, i'm celebrating my 5.6-1 double on the tennis today, jean paul lisnard to beat rainer schuettler, and stefan koubek to take out younes el nayaoui !!

Old 04-01-2003, 07:36 AM

OK, who was it who couldn't resist the 280 being offered on Palace to win the Cup on Betfair? Own up because I've got an original Van Gogh I want to sell you - honest!

Having a quick scan through the odds on Betfair and I have to hold my hands up to sticking a couple of quid on Exter at 18.5 - at that price I couldn't resist. Besides, Woking beat WBA at 20/1 in 1991 and that was before the Betfair days, so who knows.

Seems like the value's being dried out of some of the ones I had a fancy for. Was hoping for 3.5 on Wimbledon and only got 3.2. Backing against Leeds should pay dividends.

Elsewhere I've got a nice position on John Part to win the PDC Darts without Phil Taylor. A win tonight and it's in. Having said that, having seen Taylor wobble last night in a titanic struggle with Dennis Smith, I'm tempted to lay Taylor overall at 1.25. Tough match against Warriner tonight and maybe Part in the final. I know he's the greatest player of all time but the other players are getting the feeling they can beat him and that hasn't happened for a few years.

Hey oz, any more tennis tips?
Old 05-01-2003, 05:10 PM
leviathan

take the treble at a short price on Monday
hrbaty, ferrero, gaudio
probably about even money.

Old 06-01-2003, 12:48 PM
leviathan

nice little treble above landed..

for Tuesday, take the short priced 2.6 about the following 5, all put in take out jobs...

koubek, novak, kuerten, srichaphan (heading for top 5 this year), safin.

Old 06-01-2003, 01:04 PM
leviathan

just checked the prices for this Sat...
Palace 2.4 !!!!!!!
this is hideous !!!
get on, and keep putting on !

Old 06-01-2003, 10:08 PM
Boom!

D J is playing for a contract
Re: Re: Wayne Rooney

Quote:
Originally posted by Grim Reaper
It's Rooney to play for England in 2003, not ever and its now 4-5.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:32 AM
leviathan

Quote:
Originally posted by ozeagle
nice little treble above landed..

for Tuesday, take the short priced 2.6 about the following 5, all put in take out jobs...

koubek, novak, kuerten, srichaphan (heading for top 5 this year), safin.

grim reaper, no sets dropped for safin, kuerten, koubek..

just waiting on paradorn (aus open winner) and jiri to do the job.

Old 07-01-2003, 05:19 PM
leviathan

yes, yes, yes, Jiri and Paradorn do the bizz.
2.3, 2.6....hope Grim you were on...

Old 07-01-2003, 05:22 PM
leviathan

safin, gaudio, and moya in rd 2 in Sydney..get 3.3 the treble...
LOAD UP !

Old 07-01-2003, 07:09 PM

Cheers oz. Backed your fivefold last night. Got on Sheff Wed at 5.1 tonight. Initilal fancy for the weekend is Charlton away to Chelsea. Quite a strong fancy. Any views ?

Old 07-01-2003, 07:09 PM
It's a Canadian Game!

Parttimeguy is playing for a contract
safin is a ******
Old 08-01-2003, 11:48 AM
leviathan

Quote:
Cheers oz. Backed your fivefold last night. Got on Sheff Wed at 5.1 tonight. Initilal fancy for the weekend is Charlton away to Chelsea. Quite a strong fancy. Any views ?
bloody Gaudio shafted us last night, he is a player of much promise, luckily i got mine back on Srichaphan, had to take the shorts, but got my cash back, still, 10 of 11 aint too bad...hope you loaded the 5 fold.

the trick with tennis is to avoid the players who can be upset, and it takes a good year to work them out...some will never lose in the opening couple of rounds, some do, 2 to avoid are Kafelnikov and Federer..both of them hearts like peas....

initial thoughts for the weekend, seriously are to super load the double, Palace away at Bradford and the rampant Cardiff away at Northampton...yes, i know Northampton have a new coach, alas they are 0 for and 10 against their last 3 at home, against a quality side, expect cardiff 2 or 3 nil, likewise Bradford have no forwards, and we have a great defence, with Tommy on fire, expect 1 or 2 zip to Palace.

in the mercedes golf take Retief Goosen to beat Howell in the head to head, and perhaps Ian Poulter to beat anders Hansen..Poulter usually very strong early, bottles it at the finish..

don't like Sheff Utd, think Liverpool can grind out a win.
as for Charlton, don't like them either, but you may have the historical perspective..chelsea have the best home defence in the league

i REALLY like Burton Albion to take out Leigh RMI in the Conference..that's my best. get on, and put plenty on.