Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MoM
Hennessey 5 1.04%
Fosu-Mensah ** 27 5.64%
Dann 3 0.63%
Riedewald 2 0.42%
Ward 1 0.21%
Milivojevic * 0 0%
Puncheon 7 1.46%
van Aanholt 2 0.42%
Loftus-Cheek 405 84.55%
Zaha 20 4.18%
Benteke 1 0.21%
Townsend * 5 1.04%
Tomkins ** 1 0.21%
Voters: 479. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2017, 05:33 PM

BillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmf73 View Post
I also think Wilf a couple of times today went looking for a penalty when he was in a better position to shoot or pass it
Definitely. That's why he gets turned down on some obvious penalties. Looking at it objectively he is an amazing player but also a bit of a diver.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:34 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 View Post
The fact he dropped Townsend is absurd
Wouldn't say Townsend was any better when he came on.
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmf73 View Post
I also think Wilf a couple of times today went looking for a penalty when he was in a better position to shoot or pass it
Deffo. He should have smashed in a couple but was looking for a pen.

chicharro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechicharro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechicharro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechicharro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechicharro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechicharro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechicharro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechicharro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechicharro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechicharro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechicharro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Im lucky

I am with my wife's family having a meal in the north of tenerife. The beers were drunk, the wine is flowing very well.
And i am not going to read anything until Monday.
We are starting on the fino and later on we will be on the tapas and pinchos until early morning.

I am sorry to say but this is Palace.
We must go back to the basics and learn how to play as a unit and simple FOOTBALL.

We are not a top 5 Team.

I will go back to my "fino" because it is getting warm in the sun.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:36 PM

dmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Let's hope that FdB is not one of those pig headed managers who refuses to change his ideas. You get the feeling this just won't stick. Let's hope I am very wrong.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Puncheon - 3 - hate to say it but why is he in the team?
Local lad, bleeds red and blue, used to buy sweeties in the shop down the road etc
Old 12-08-2017, 05:37 PM

BLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hennessey, Ward, Dann looked poor, not suited to a possession type game.
Puncheon just seems to point a lot.
All 4 need replacing.

I know Zaha gets kicked a lot but he needs to stop moaning and ranting as it seem to affect his game, needs to use it to drive him forward.

If we are going to play this type of football then the players need to move off the ball more and we have to move the ball much quicker.

http://www.signaldrivingschool.co.uk/
http://www.twitter.com/dave_p_bailey

Xbox One gamertag = k1zza4
Old 12-08-2017, 05:40 PM

Lee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
I don't think I've ever seen a performance where the ENTIRE TEAM looked like they were being played out of position.

Nobody looked comfortable with what they were doing. And on top of that there was a casual, sluggish feel to everyone. It's going to be a long season.
Just got back any your post is spot on
Old 12-08-2017, 05:40 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Big question for me is which players look more comfortable or look like they will thrive in a 3-4-3 formation? Hell of a lot of work to do to get them used to it.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:44 PM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyStover7 View Post
Hennessey - 4
Ward - 3
Fonsu-Mensah - 6
Dann - 4
Riedewald - 5
PVA - 4
Luka - 4
Puncheon - 3
Loftus-Cheek - 7
Zaha - 5
Benteke - 5

Townsend - 4
Tomkins - 4

Frank De Boer - 2

Ward and Puncheon clearly are not good enough. Loftus-Cheek is pure quality and was our best player in the second half by a distance, but starting him on the wing was a huge mistake.

We are about 4 players short of even being able to play De Boer's system, a system that may or may not even work.
Pretty much agree with that expect for Townsend who livened it up a bit when he came on.

Why did Luka go off, thought Mr Jeffrey should have been the replacement for him.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:45 PM
I'm listening ....

xian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Jesus, can Man City just score .........
Old 12-08-2017, 05:46 PM
CPFC LOYAL

Heath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
All dogshit
Old 12-08-2017, 05:47 PM
KISS MY AR*SE SEAWEED

crowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If he wants to play that way he has to buy a new goal keeper!! Wayne cannot play with the ball at his feet.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:58 PM

Bobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thought PVA was the best of the defenders.
Jairo was poor. He may be technically good but does he actually know how to defend?
The one off tackle that saved Dann's arse aside, the Man U kid wasn't much better. He was clearly acting when he went down in front of the AW in the first half, claiming he'd been slapped in the face. There were a number of people around me saying how embarrassing it was. Never thought I'd see that from someone wearing a Palace shirt.
Dann struggled, tho at times in the 2nd half looked like the most creative player in the side, but then again that's not saying much.
RLC was class but why the **** was he pushed up the park in the 1st half? He's so much better in the midfield.
Rest - not sure I can be bothered.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:00 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Hennessey - 0 -I'm done, but I've been done with him since his debut at Fulham
Ward - 0 - Dear oh dear
Fonsu-Mensah - 4 - Great saving tackle second half
Dann - 2 - Nice piece of skill 2nd half.
Riedewald - 0 - Looks to be way out of his depth
PVA - 3 - Meh
Luka - 0 - I still dont fully understand the hero worship. Very very poor today
Puncheon - 0 - No more please
Loftus-Cheek - 7 - Our only decent player today
Zaha - 4 - Tried but went down too many blind allies. Lucky not to be booked for being fouled 10 times. He usually is !!!!
Benteke - 3 - Felt a bit sorry for him as he had zero service.

Townsend - 3
Tomkins - 3

Frank De Boer - 0

This system doesn't suit us. We're a get it wide cross it over kind of side.

Heard on the radio that de Boer said it's a work in progress, well sadly for him you don't get time for works in progress in this division.
The day had a Pardewesque feeling for me with Frank playing his mates and not subbing the shit ones.

This was Huddersfield we played today. I'm scared about what will happen when we play the good sides.
This could be another long winter.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:01 PM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
New manager. New formation. Same old s*** at home. Start well, concede a goal, heads drop, concede another, create nothing. It's happened for the last two seasons and doesn't look like it's going to stop any time soon. Teams absolutely love coming to Selhurst Park, Huddersfield are just the latest.

Add to that players playing out of position: Ward RWB, Punch in a midfield two, RLC up top first half. Just like Pardew last season playing Kelly at left back. Note to FdB: if you don't have to players to play your preferred system, then change the bloody system.

Players to blame too. Same old names putting in the same abject performances Hennessey, Dann and Punch have regressed over the last two years yet start every week. Same with Ward (I know he was out of position today). Big Sam's buys Luka and PVA were completely different players today from last season. Wilf needs to add something to his game - if Huddersfield can do a job on him, imagine what the rest of the teams in this league can do. Benteke won't score if you don't give him service - last season proved that yet he still managed to get 17!

A catalogue of errors from all involved today. Great shame as Selhurst was rocking early doors. Hard work and a proper transfer plan need to be implemented now. Starting with signing Sakho.

Last edited by mb23; 12-08-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:08 PM

doogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Shambolic. I expect many more similar performances with this stubborn clown in charge
Old 12-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogleboy View Post
Shambolic. I expect many more similar performances with this stubborn clown in charge
How can he be stubborn after 90 mins and you don't know what his response is?
Old 12-08-2017, 06:15 PM

SmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
How can he be stubborn after 90 mins and you don't know what his response is?
He was stubborn to start with the formation after seeing the players and their strengths, he was stubborn not to change the formation during the game, and his response in the press conference was an embarrassment. I never heard even Pardew sound so clueless after a loss.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:18 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just back to my Mum's house, where we're spending the night, so had a bit of time to reflect.

First of all, I think the best team won, and the score could have easily been worse than it was.

I have no idea what the game plan was - it seemed like a lot of individuals with no team approach to the game. The defence seemed lost, two full backs as wing backs nullified our attacking threat and RLC out of position in the first half contributed next to nothing. Puncheon looked like a passenger and Benteke got no service from open play. Zaha looked lively, but was frustrating in his final use of the ball. Had Benteke's header gone in in the first half (he should have hit the target at least), then we may well have got a point.

Second half was not a lot better, with still no semblance of a game plan. RLC looked improved - playing in his natural position - but that was about it. With Luka and RLC (and Cabaye when fit) I think most people would agree than Punch just doesn't fit in the side.

I think there are three likely outcomes from here:
1) FDB is backed, shifts on some squad players and brings in those needed to make this approach work;
2) FDB realises it isn't going to work, with the change in style AND formation, and switches to something more suited to what we have; or
3) Neither of the above, and we are looking for a new manager come December.

I suspect option 2 would be the most likely, but have been warned he's quite stubborn, and so may not entertain a change to his "philosophy".

Tomkins at RCB, Fosu-Mensah at RWB, Luka and Cabaye in the middle and Sclupp LWB, with Townsend, Zaha and Benteke up front would look far better than the mess we saw today IMO. We just need to sort the keeper situation out ASAP, bring in a back up striker, and, if Liverpool will play ball, sign Sakho next Sunday.

Today was one game, and it was appalling. I expect to lose next weekend (it's got to be their turn), which makes Swansea all the more important. If we're 0/9 after that, it will be poor and things will have to change in some way!