Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 01-01-2018, 05:01 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Very few are anything other that twats. Even Jenas who normally talks sense comes with some utter shite.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:49 PM

ob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is here
I watched the first half yesterday in a quiet pub in Poole I had to ask them to turn over to it but didn't even ask for the sound to be turned on. Was quite nice to watch whilst listening to music without the big team wankfest commentary I was expecting!
I like Danny Murphy, hate to admit but that wanker Neville is pretty good and Jermaine Jenas is usually not too bad other than that I cant think of any others I have noticed that were much good. I reckon the worst I have noticed on a regular basis has got to be Alan Shearer I reckon he contributes about as much to punditry as Jordan Mutch does to cpfc!
Old 01-01-2018, 06:02 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Danny Murphy good. Garth Crooks ****in awful
Old 01-01-2018, 08:50 PM
The Palace Traveller

CPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 01-01-2018, 08:57 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Like Danny Murphy

Cannot stand Hansen or Lawrenson

Most of the Talksport pundits are utter wankers, particularly Jason Cundy, which is a shame as he was a decent player for us back in the day
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 01-01-2018, 08:59 PM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The guys that do that BT Champions League live show alongside James Richardson are good - James Horncastle, Julien Laurens and Raphael Honigstein.

Also Chris Powell whenever he is on anywhere is top notch.

Chris Sutton, Phil Neville and most of the BBC Match of the Day crew are dire.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:01 PM
Banned by Moderators

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can't stand Henri.Only interested in the top teams and knows bugger all about clubs like Palace.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:08 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Didn't like Danny Murphy when he did a recent Palace game - far too much about him.

Dowie also recently was just a spluttering rambling stuttering mess... not what you want from a co-com.

Ray Houghton, despite his Palace connection was never very complimentary, or was it because of his connections?

I do like to the Two Robbies in the NBC studio, and always happy with Curbisley (sp?) when he did Palace. I think it was Phil Neville doing the game yesterday... seemed pretty fair. Hate to say it, but Clive Walker is always complimentary about Palace.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:15 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Danny Murphy, Jermaine Jenas and Gary Neville all good and a special mention to Steve Frogatt who picked up on Zaha way way way back in the early days

Michael Owen, Thierry Henry and Gullit are an embrassment to football punditry, a profession where standards are so ludicrously low and they are morons
Old 02-01-2018, 01:34 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Garth Crooks
Dean Saunders

How tf they get gigs is a scandal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 02-01-2018, 02:07 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
There is a pattern. Play for a big club and get some pundits money when retire/

How many are ex Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal. How many are from other clubs that have featured in the top league in the last 30 years.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:46 AM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Good:
G Neville
Jenas
D Murphy
Andy Townsend is actually good on NBC streams
I quite like Tony Gale now and then

bad:
Sutton
Shearer
Owen
P Neville (what a drip)
Gullit

if we're talking wider football, the Sky La Liga ones are excellent. Rob Palmer and Terry Gibson are the best duo in football
Old 02-01-2018, 03:17 AM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
The worst, Jamie Caaragher. Best at the moment Danny Murphy
Old 02-01-2018, 03:29 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
The worst, Jamie Caaragher. Best at the moment Danny Murphy
I cant stand Carragher's accent but what he says is usually worth listening to more than most others
Old 02-01-2018, 11:13 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Danny Murphy and Jermaine Jenas are good. I quite like Mark Schwarzer on the radio.

Gary Neville is ok but overrated. Phil Neville is a pale imitation of his brother. So pretty much exactly the same as when they were players.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 02-01-2018, 11:18 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Not sure why Shearer gets such a bad rep.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:19 AM

Icy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is here
Garth ('special') Crooks and Steve (duller than the color beige) Claridge are the very worst of a generally bad bunch. Thierry Henry and Alan Shearer aren't far behind.

Neville, Murphy and Jenas seem the best of the pick at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Not sure why Shearer gets such a bad rep.
Because he's dull, unoriginal and tows whatever the weeks party line is.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:42 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Like Danny Murphy

Cannot stand Hansen or Lawrenson

Most of the Talksport pundits are utter wankers, particularly Jason Cundy, which is a shame as he was a decent player for us back in the day
Jason Cundy only played for us 4 times, and was utterly useless
Old 02-01-2018, 11:52 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Hate:

Anyone who has said anything at all negative about Palace
Gary Neville because he's Gary Neville.

Rate:

Anyone who has said anything positive about Palace.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:03 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Arthur View Post
I like pundits that do their homework. Simple things like learn the fixtures of the teams. Know the general vibe at a club.

Most pundits are just lazy. Rave about a team one week, say the problems the next. Say the 3 promoted teams will get relegated without any thought.

Randomly my favourite pundit is Ray Parlour.
They all work from a crib-sheet lovingly prepared by "researchers". Only problem is, lots can't read (or pronounce the words), and the "researchers" often make crass mistakes - maybe on purpose to increase the buffoonery.

The other day the Talksport regulars (Jim White & co) were complaining bitterly (and seriously for once), that the ex-footballers just can't be relied on, never keep to their schedule, and always wander off the subject. The conversation suddenly ended rather embarrassingly - either they realised they were on air, or the producer stuck his head round the door and warned them off.

Last edited by Celestial Empire; 02-01-2018 at 12:15 PM.