Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 04-01-2018, 02:13 PM

Icy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
As in Robbie Earle in the past. Does he still get a gig?
He's on NBC in the states. He's not too bad and in general NBC are pretty good now.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:52 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Dunphy has one of the most annoying nasal Jackeen accents you're ever likely to hear in polite society, and he played for Millwall, but his deconstruction of Verry Tenables on RTÉ when he was in the frame for the Ireland job was glorious.

Souness was looking on in disbelief, as it was a mile off the sterile soundbites you'd get on MOTD etc.

For that alone I don't mind him so much.
Old 04-01-2018, 03:41 PM

NickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
He's on NBC in the states. He's not too bad and in general NBC are pretty good now.
Spot on. The analysis is pretty good and also pretty even handed too.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:42 PM

Dave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Pat Nevin's accent puts me off - I can't tell what he is saying at times. I don't know how he gets away with it.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:22 PM
Banned by Moderators

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Higginbotom is very good
Not the one who played for us in the 80s?
Old 04-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Banned by Moderators

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by olly cromwell View Post
From Talksport
Dislike / switch off when on
Jim White
Darren Gough

Used to like Hawksby and Jacobs but don't listen now as the show on Talkradio (DAB) is funnier in my opinion
Can't stand H and J. One thinks he's funny but isn't and the other one is paid to laugh at his 'jokes'. A pair of tossers stealing a living imo.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:28 PM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Jim White is better than Colin Murray but I still cant stand him.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:32 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God View Post
ITV commentators changed the way it was done in the UK, toward a sensationalism approach, drumming up superlatives and excitement about throw-ons. I miss the old whimsical commentary that didnt need to describe everything (as we are watching it ourselves?) that may regale us with an antedate or stat, or even better make a dry joke about the proceedings, unfortunately the likes of Barry Davies, have given away to Clive Tylesley and Jon Champion who are solely focused on making their voice sound dynamic whilst searching for that phrase that will go down in history books.... I wanted to smash my TV when Tylesley said 'Is it really 3-nil to Chelsea' against Barcelona in the 90's, I hate this form of commentary, unfortuately they all do it now.
Tylesley is awful.All drama,full of cliches and no insight.The complete opposite of Martin Tyler who is by far the best commentator on the television.Last night was a masterclass when he did the game at Arsenal.As good as Motty in his prime.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:37 PM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Talksport. Dear oh dear...
Old 04-01-2018, 05:38 PM

radiomike Sam the man is hereradiomike Sam the man is hereradiomike Sam the man is hereradiomike Sam the man is hereradiomike Sam the man is hereradiomike Sam the man is hereradiomike Sam the man is hereradiomike Sam the man is hereradiomike Sam the man is hereradiomike Sam the man is hereradiomike Sam the man is here
Liked Trevor Sinclair but he is now persona non grata that is for sure.
Matt Murray on sky adds knowledge and is also a very decent guy
Old 04-01-2018, 05:42 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
Can't stand H and J. One thinks he's funny but isn't and the other one is paid to laugh at his 'jokes'. A pair of tossers stealing a living imo.
Couldn't agree more
Old 04-01-2018, 05:55 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Dunphy has one of the most annoying nasal Jackeen accents you're ever likely to hear in polite society, and he played for Millwall, but his deconstruction of Verry Tenables on RTÉ when he was in the frame for the Ireland job was glorious.

Souness was looking on in disbelief, as it was a mile off the sterile soundbites you'd get on MOTD etc.

For that alone I don't mind him so much.
Cheers SC as I went looking for this onYoutube and wow!!

My god Dunphy lays into Venables. Kudos to the man as not only does he lay into the spivs character but also rips apart his managerial record, even to the point of down plying the 4-1 win over Holland.

Now I am hoping that Pulis gets tipped for the Republic job and Dunphy comes out as equally horrified at the thought as he did about Venables getting the job.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 04-01-2018, 06:21 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
I chatted for a while to Dunphy after we had played Millwall and he was very complimentary about our support. Always been a puzzle to me that he spent so long with them, he was a super player and so much better than that level.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:27 PM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Cheers SC as I went looking for this onYoutube and wow!!

My god Dunphy lays into Venables. Kudos to the man as not only does he lay into the spivs character but also rips apart his managerial record, even to the point of down plying the 4-1 win over Holland.

Now I am hoping that Pulis gets tipped for the Republic job and Dunphy comes out as equally horrified at the thought as he did about Venables getting the job.

He was doing great up until moving around and ignoring England beating Holland 4-1, it made his argument look very biased when it didnt need to. That was probably the best (apart from Germany 5-1) Ive seen England play and that Dutch team had some great players at their peak (although there was friction in the camp). He could have given Venables that result and still made his point that he was an inconsistent crook.

Good to have a proper critical debate rather than the whitewashed crap we get on TV or the Radio.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:33 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
TBH. When I watch a game here - typically only Palace - I try and watch it with the Argentine commentators. Funnier, more enthusiastic, more knowledgeable (real research) and no irrelevant mention of big teams.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:44 PM
Tramps like us baby

SgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
TBH. When I watch a game here - typically only Palace - I try and watch it with the Argentine commentators. Funnier, more enthusiastic, more knowledgeable (real research) and no irrelevant mention of big teams.
I watched the 1st half of the Southampton game with Algerian commentary. Hilarious. And I now know how to say “Tekkers is a useless Donkey” which is handy.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:24 PM

nicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is here
Idea: MST3K but for football
Old 04-01-2018, 11:13 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
Not the one who played for us in the 80s?
Worse: it's the one who scored that Southampton injury time equaliser in 2005.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 04-01-2018, 11:18 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
In order.

Like.

Ron Atkinson
Alan Shearer
Danny Murphy
Jamie Carragher
Gary Neville
Paul Merson

Dislike.

Robbie Earle
Ian Wright
Leroy Rosenior
Paul Ince
Garth Crooks
Old 04-01-2018, 11:53 PM

norwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have fond memories of Jonathan Pearce and Bobby Moore on radio London.
JP retains his fan's love and view of the game and his commentary from Stockport is embedded in my memory as well as falling off a ladder when Dougie scored.
Every game starts with " gets us off and under way" that's his signature intro.