Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 05-01-2018, 03:33 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God View Post
I wonder where Ruud Gullit or Thierry Henry would feature on his list?

Lol made me raise my eyebrows Ron Atkinson was 1st on the list and then I looked down!
Old 05-01-2018, 04:39 PM
Northern Monkey

Palace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
When he stared out he was very good, almost borderline controversial. He's started to turn into a generic football pundit these days though, which is a shame.
I guess its "easier" to be bland and generic because either way you still get jobs and get paid. If you're controversial then you get far more criticism and abuse from fans etc so its probably not worth the hassle.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:57 PM

Sharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is here
Jamie Caragher - he may well be a decent pundit but I just can't get past that high pitched nasal scouse whine.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:54 AM
Perchance to sleep

Hibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is here
None,
Punditry is the refuge of a bad tactician,
Old 06-01-2018, 08:34 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is here
Pat Nevin is the best co-commentator by miles. Unbiased too.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:44 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Like:
Danny Murphy
Jermaine Jenas
Lee Dixon (would never have predicted that when he was playing)

Meh
Alan Shearer
Martin Keown
Gary Neville
Jamie Carragher

Don't like:
Robbie Savage
Andy Townshend
Ian Wright (sorry)

I have a suspicion that Peter Crouch may be a good pundit when he retires from the game.

Finally, I completely agree with those who find Clive Tyldsley unlistenable - one of the worst commentators out there.

Last edited by Richard; 06-01-2018 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:57 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Like: Danny Murphy, Jeff Stelling, Chris Kamara, John Motson, Jamie Redknapp, Gabby Logan and Morrison.

Dislike: Lineker, Shearer, Keown, Sutton, Poll and Crooks.

Ok: Kilbane, Wright,Jenas,Carragher and Gary Neville

Last edited by NorthPalace23; 06-01-2018 at 10:59 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:33 PM

Beneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
He's on NBC in the states. He's not too bad and in general NBC are pretty good now.

I despise kylo Bennett , he talks a load of shite half the time. I like Robbie earle though!
Old 06-01-2018, 11:48 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Phil Neville has to be up there with the worst.

Nothing he says makes sense, bless him.

Can't stand the "whisper" in his tone.
Old 07-01-2018, 07:45 AM

palace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is here
The two Robbies on NBC for those who watch streams are first class
Old 07-01-2018, 08:21 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Joey Barton’s always an entertaining listen on the radio. Might not like what he says but he certainly isn’t scared to speak his mind and throw the cat amongst the pigeons, done in an articulate way...unlike Savage who too likes to be controversial and speak his mind, but he comes across like a barking rabid dog that really should be muzzled.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:09 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Savage sounds half cut most of the time, has a natural habit of slurring his words. Phil Neville sounds like he's taken speed in an attempt to disguise his stammer.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:18 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
I’m guessing I won’t rate Hughes as a pundit, assuming common sense prevails and he doesn’t manage to work his way back into another manager job.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:46 PM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
Lol made me raise my eyebrows Ron Atkinson was 1st on the list and then I looked down!
I guess he is looking forward to Luis Suarez and John Terry moving into punditry.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:39 AM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonePenge View Post
I agree - the NBC pundits (2 x Robbie: Earle and Mustoe) talk sensibly about the games without trying to get themselves into next day’s headlines. Arlo White and Lee Dixon are a good commentary combo too.
Arlo White is a fantastic commentator. Hate to sound like a twat but he makes big games come alive
Old 08-01-2018, 01:27 PM

Dave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Danny Murphy yesterday on the Shrewsbury cup game picked up on something that's been driving me mad at Palace. We don't seem to have a clue as to how to retain possession from throw ins and nor did West ham yesterday. Danny was questioning the fact that they (WH) don't appear to work on this in training. I don't think Palace do either.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:53 PM
Around the Fur

Seba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Hate:

Anyone who has said anything at all negative about Palace
Gary Neville because he's Gary Neville.

Rate:

Anyone who has said anything positive about Palace.
Nail on the head.

Palace fans are too precious.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:59 PM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Gullit is really bad. He just comes across as an arrogant arsehole.
Who, despite playing and managing at the highest level seems to know **** all about what is happening in front of him. A total fecking moron.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:49 PM

herts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
I watched a highlights video the other day and I think that was Jon Champion but your point stands.

Like:
Gary Neville
Leroy Rosenior (when he was on)
Liam Rosenior
Craig Bellamy (never would have believed that)
Danny Murphy is ok but hit and miss
Jenas same as Murphy
Pat Nevin
Kevin Kilbane

Don't like:
Martin Keown
Chris Sutton
Robbie Savage
Robbie Fowler
Danny Mills
Paul Ince
Jamie Redknapp
Phil Thompson
Agree with most of this. Pat Nevin is probably my favourite but Gary Neville and Danny Murphy also good (not sure about Bellamy though). While Wrighty isn't great on tactics, his enthusiasm more than makes up for it.

If Thierry Henry hadn't been a great player I doubt he would have got a job with Sky. Phil Neville obviously got last pick of the family tactics genes and I'm pleased that ITV don't have Champions League live games any more as I don't have to put up with Andy "back stick" Townsend. Remember the Tactics Truck?

As for presenting no one is within a mile of Jeff Stelling.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:27 PM
Loving the LED.

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Like Danny Murphy, err that's it really lol, everyone on BT sport and the ginger c unit on tslkshite can go fvck themselves.