Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 02-06-2018, 02:14 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Fair enough. Will the FA follow suit in Russia.
The only representatives of the American FA in Russia will be wearing suits. Don't know how they intend to accent them.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:52 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
The only representatives of the American FA in Russia will be wearing suits. Don't know how they intend to accent them.
Thinking more of ours.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:52 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
She chose to not play with the National Team rather than wearing the shirt, so she had a choice not to wear it. The National Team didn't even disclose her reason for not playing. (Although I'm not sure if she told them or not) There were swirls of rumors about it that had died down. But then she decided to go on a batshit crazy "Christian" talk show and say she prayed for 3 days before deciding not to wear the jersey. If she's gonna broadcast her beliefs to a like minded audience then she should expect some backlash from people that don't agree with her. Not to mention what kind of interaction she would have with her gay teammates and gay coach on the National Team. Actually, now I'm kinda impressed with her even if she can say crazy shit like: “If I never get a national team call-up again, that’s just part of his plan and that’s ok,” she said. “And maybe this was why you were meant to play soccer. Just to show other believers to be obedient.” Just like Chick-fil-A being closed on Sunday, more power to you but that sucks when I want my chicken sandwich before the game.

She was put in a compromised position where or beliefs were conflicted, for something that didnt need to be. She had no choice wear the shirt or dont play, there is no room inbetween. It is a mistake and frankly dangerous to think everyone should have the same beliefs. If force your beliefs on others and even shame them for their beliefs that is oppressive, she wasnt doing this but this is what is happening to her. I truly believe you should be allowed to have any belief you want, as long as you dont force it on other people.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:24 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
The point of your second paragraph requires a subtlety and objectivity that a depressingly high number of worshipers to the SJW cult / religion lack. This is mainly due to a character flaw that requires them to reinforce themselves psychologically via the cuddly membership of a larger group that assumes their viewpoint MUST be more enlightened than everyone else. If you dare disagree, you must be silenced, shunned, destroyed if possible, as a lesson to any potential dissenters. The sacred cows of Political correctness and Identity Politics protects this tyranny from being identified for what it is. That is why it is steadily snuffing out all independent thought and all sanity from sociological debate.
Soooo in less words and a less dramatic tone, some of the ‘sjw brigade’ refuse to accept or debate other points of view? You made it sound like the apocalypse.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:34 AM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Any political message should not be forced.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:58 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
I have genuine sympathy for people who are highly religious and are put in a position to compromise their strong religious beliefs for a just cause. It is another example of how counter productive certain religious beliefs can be to the aim of living in a fair and just society.

Luckily her views are in the minority these days and religious beliefs that discriminate against the LGBT community are being marginised and shown up for being totally out of touch with modern society.

I still wonder how my very strongly religious Roman Catholic mother allowed a gay couple to take me to my first Palace match back in 1970. I like to believe that though against homosexuality she was not hating or overtly prejudicial on someone who was. Though it could have been she wanted me to be raped to teach me the consequences of not tidying up my bedroom. Thinking about it, think it was the latter.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:03 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Any political message should not be forced.
Funny thing is I thought Fifa banned political messages?

Amazing how this isn't a problem yet wearing a poppy was the other year!
Old 02-06-2018, 12:06 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
This kind of virtue signalling is beginning to get on my tits.
It is getting tiresome Now, the worthy message behind these campaigns will start to become a side issue as people argue about individual choices and the deformation of people that are not on board becomes more important . This place is a good example at times .

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 02-06-2018, 12:16 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
She was put in a compromised position where or beliefs were conflicted, for something that didnt need to be. She had no choice wear the shirt or dont play, there is no room inbetween. It is a mistake and frankly dangerous to think everyone should have the same beliefs. If force your beliefs on others and even shame them for their beliefs that is oppressive, she wasnt doing this but this is what is happening to her. I truly believe you should be allowed to have any belief you want, as long as you dont force it on other people.
That's fine but surely she should expect consequences. Here's the chronology of events:

- She accepts a national team invite from an openly gay head coach.
- She is told that they will be wearing a jersey with rainbow numbers.
- She opts out of the team. (No idea if she told them it's because God told her to)
- The National Team announces she has left the team for personal reasons.
- One year later she goes on Christian TV to say it is because she didn't want to show support for LBGTQ Pride Month.
- She gets booed at a game.

I'm not sure how playing on the National Team became a right but somebody that thinks gay marriage is a sin will probably not fit in well on this team. I'm waiting to see what Megan Rapinoe says, as she's the most outspoken player on the team as well as being gay.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:16 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Soooo in less words and a less dramatic tone, some of the ‘sjw brigade’ refuse to accept or debate other points of view? You made it sound like the apocalypse.
For various reasons I've been researching for two years as a global issue -the collapse of free debate / speech as a concept in academia / media / government and the loss of objectivity and objective truth throughout the West over the last few years. We are incrementally losing free speech globally and I genuinely fear where it leads both politically and in terms of the ability of the future generations to think as an individual. I believe there are many groups and forces out there that don't want us thinking outside of their enforced ideologies and attempts at propaganda and the upshot is slowly making democracy itself a hollow sham.

'Sooooooooo' I do find it a fairly 'dramatic' prospect. Hope that helps clarify my point of view on the matter. If you give a f*ck beyond ignorant sarcasm, PM me and I'll give you some references so you can learn more. Or you can continue sleeping like most.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:26 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
For various reasons I've been researching for two years as a global issue -the collapse of free debate / speech as a concept in academia / media / government and the loss of objectivity and objective truth throughout the West over the last few years. We are incrementally losing free speech globally and I genuinely fear where it leads both politically and in terms of the ability of the future generations to think as an individual. I believe there are many groups and forces out there that don't want us thinking outside of their enforced ideologies and attempts at propaganda and the upshot is slowly making democracy itself a hollow sham.

'Sooooooooo' I do find it a fairly 'dramatic' prospect. Hope that helps clarify my point of view on the matter. If you give a f*ck beyond ignorant sarcasm, PM me and I'll give you some references so you can learn more. Or you can continue sleeping like most.
Sure, always up for learning.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:54 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sure, always up for learning.
So PM me then so I know you mean it.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
So PM me then so I know you mean it.
I did.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:27 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
This woman? Bigot.
How exactly have you established she is a bigot from that article?
Old 02-06-2018, 01:33 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
How exactly have you established she is a bigot from that article?
As pleasant as someone may seem if they are a religious fundamentalist, of any of the major faiths, then they have no other option as they follow the sacred texts to the letter. Hence, her withdrawal. Their God hates the very idea of pooves.

Last edited by Am Phibian; 02-06-2018 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:34 PM
N14 and not so proud...

Quote:
I did.
Done. Enjoy.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:54 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
As pleasant as someone may seem if they are a religious fundamentalist, of any of the major faiths, then they have no other option as they follow the sacred texts to the letter. Hence, her withdrawal. Their God hates the very idea of pooves.
Yeah but you called her a bigot.

I’m looking for some kind of justification for that view.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:40 PM
On the move

britabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Perhaps, just perhaps, the reason she is no longer playing with the national team is that there are better players ahead of her? But that wouldn't make a story or feed the flames of left v right which is now so entrenched in the US. Sometimes the simple truth gets lost between the lines.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:56 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by britabroad View Post
Perhaps, just perhaps, the reason she is no longer playing with the national team is that there are better players ahead of her? But that wouldn't make a story or feed the flames of left v right which is now so entrenched in the US. Sometimes the simple truth gets lost between the lines.
The story isnt about whether she is playing for the national team or not though

Its about her being booed, last week after announcing she refused to play (when selected) because of the shirt
Old 02-06-2018, 03:09 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
That's fine but surely she should expect consequences. Here's the chronology of events:

- She accepts a national team invite from an openly gay head coach.
- She is told that they will be wearing a jersey with rainbow numbers.
- She opts out of the team. (No idea if she told them it's because God told her to)
- The National Team announces she has left the team for personal reasons.
- One year later she goes on Christian TV to say it is because she didn't want to show support for LBGTQ Pride Month.
- She gets booed at a game.

I'm not sure how playing on the National Team became a right but somebody that thinks gay marriage is a sin will probably not fit in well on this team. I'm waiting to see what Megan Rapinoe says, as she's the most outspoken player on the team as well as being gay.
None of that would have happened unlessed she was forced to conflict her private beliefs. She has made them public now but prior I feel a person is allowed to believe what they want, it’s the forcing it and offending other where beliefs become oppressive or offensive. It seems you have to follow a certain belief system if you play football now.

Im in support of eradicating of rascism and homophobia in football and acts like this can promote change, but I object that it’s a forced event, either you are ‘with us or you are a bigot’.