Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 04-11-2017, 06:09 PM

smiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Plymouth away, approx 2007 ?
Girlfriend booked B&B and train and football tickets as a surprise
Found the city quite dull so looking forward to the match and woke up to discover it frozen off. Went to Truro for the day, got quite drunk.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:09 PM

smiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmiler2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Old 06-11-2017, 12:43 PM
Class Warrior

Dom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We've had some crap trips to Leicester down the years.

Last edited by Dom the Eagle; 06-11-2017 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:48 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Nothing tops that.
for me and i'm sure many others, Highbury 1993 eclipses that. Being sent down by our previous talisman Wright who hammered the final nail in the coffin on what had been the best period in the clubs history.

Sunderland December 98 deserves a mention. I skipped college without telling my parents. From memory we took 150-200 fans on a cold Tuesday night. This was about the time when Goldberg's finances were fast drying up and the problems were slowly unravelling. We were pretty poor against a decent Sunderland team, and didn't have a shot on goal. We set off from Selhurst at about 11am and got back about 3am. I'd some how proceeded to lose my wallet across the day and then had to walk home which was 12 miles and took roughly 4hrs. I walked through the door at 7.30am feeling like death warmed up
Old 06-11-2017, 06:24 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Plenty but a couple that stand out are a freezing midweek night in Hartlepool for a league cup tie in 1991. We played crap and I have never been so cold at a football match before but we managed a draw.
The other are Oxford away on a Boxing day when we couldn't get into the ground as it was too full so missed the match. Tried to jump over the walls like many others did but police and stewards stopped us.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:27 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
Shrewsbury away in the 80s. We never got a result against them. Game was snowed off. Chic Bates showed us round the ground though.
Was on the way to that match when it got snowed off. Ended up getting pissed in Ironbridge
Old 06-11-2017, 06:31 PM
Vikings No 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Not sure if it was the same game, but I went up there midweek one time, think it was really windy. That away end was basically up on a mudbank, exposed to the elements.
It was, I remember around a 100 aside game of football on that mudbank
Old 06-11-2017, 07:09 PM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gav View Post
It was, I remember around a 100 aside game of football on that mudbank
Remember that.Must have been the mid-80's ?

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 06-11-2017, 07:11 PM
Vikings No 6

Yep around that time
Old 06-11-2017, 08:10 PM

bestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We took about 5 or 6 coaches to the league cup game at Hartlepool, all stopped at a very large pub off the A1, see how many pints everyone could neck. Think the fa cup game the following season was colder but it was freezing for September. Got back on the coach and I'm sure heard Wrighty had scored on his arsenal debut. Everyone knew after a few great years that we were going back to being Palace.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:19 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Rotherham probably about 2006 had been postponed drove up on the Tuesday with a mate from work that did not even support palace got just past the A57 (Worksop) and realised the game was on the Wednesday
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 09-11-2017, 10:08 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Millwall 3-0 New Year’s Day
Remember it well, being New Year's Day, a mate spewed who was sitting behind me, the perfect start to the new year, losing 3-0 with the smell of vomit all game!! Thankfully it didn't run under my seat onto my programme!!
This was in the mid 1990's btw, not the puncheon hat trick game in more recent times!!

Last edited by monkey; 09-11-2017 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:55 AM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Remember it well, being New Year's Day, a mate spewed who was sitting behind me, the perfect start to the new year, losing 3-0 with the smell of vomit all game!! Thankfully it didn't run under my seat onto my programme!!
This was in the mid 1990's btw, not the puncheon hat trick game in more recent times!!
NYD 1994 - they had a dutch lad Etienne Verveer who scored a worldy that day. Millwall were a steady team at the time.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:47 AM
Fast 'n Bulbous

HolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Peterborough. League Cup first round 1983. We had won the first leg 3-0. Fifty of us scattered around the away end -yes I counted them.

Lost 3-0. Nothing in extra time. Went out on penalties.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:36 AM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Charlton away when they relegated us. Not the worst game but the most depressing outcome.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:08 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
NYD 1994 - they had a dutch lad Etienne Verveer who scored a worldy that day. Millwall were a steady team at the time.
He didn't just score, he seemed to run around all day with the ball glued to his foot
Old 10-11-2017, 07:37 AM

teesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
The only game I have ever left before the final whistle. We were useless and I couldn’t be bothered dealing with millwall after the game. Pub seemed a better option.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:40 AM

Surrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Palace 0-4 Sunderland last season
Old 10-11-2017, 07:47 AM

laths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can’t beat getting soaked on open terrace / seats
Reading away at the old Elm Park and Blackpool away with a gale blowing the rain sideways.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:09 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Coldest - Hartlepool
Wettest - Blackpool in the uncovered temporary seats
Worst performance for the whole 90 mins - QPR 6 Palace 0 - Kevin Miller literally on the beach
Most gutting - either relegation at Arsenal, or losing the Play Off Final in the last minute to Leicester
Worst view - Old Stamford Bridge pre redevelopment (miles from the pitch and big fence) although West Ham's new ground is trying hard to beat it
Worst policing/stewarding - Aston Villa or Bournemouth years ago
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013