Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 13-02-2014, 07:53 PM
Hooray For Boobies

#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Weak arsed cover version.

Trying to do Lizzy & failing.

Old 14-02-2014, 10:28 AM

Superfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Dreadful
John Lennon - Stand by me

Inappropriate
Boyzone - Baby can I hold you tonight (boy bands should not cover songs about domestic violence!!)

Best
The Beatles - twist and Shout
This Mortail Coil (aka The Cocteau Twins) - Song to the Siren
The Jam - David Watts
Old 14-02-2014, 10:37 AM

Sydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
The worst cover version of all time is The Flying Pickets' abomination of Yazoo's magnificent Only You.
Best Vince Clarke liked it - especially the royalties when it sold over a million copies
Old 14-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Shot by both sides

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by markholmes1991 View Post

Sixpence None The Richer There She Goes
Old 14-02-2014, 11:20 AM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
My mate told me to listen to this and described it as 'as good as The Krankies doing a Verdi Opera'

Even though I do like Johnny Cash, I think it is possibly worse than that would be, particularly at the end when he gets involved in duet;

i lasted 30 seconds
Old 14-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Any cover of any Nick Drake song, such as Jake Bugg's anal rape of Hazy Jane II
Old 14-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by #mp3_zone View Post
Weak arsed cover version.

Trying to do Lizzy & failing.

Can I get 51 seconds of my life back please?
Old 16-02-2014, 10:32 AM

Ardent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
No one remember Pinky & Perky, anything by them, or the Top 8 (I think they were called) covers from Woolworths.
Old 16-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent View Post
No one remember Pinky & Perky, anything by them, or the Top 8 (I think they were called) covers from Woolworths.
The first 45 I bought for myself was Pinky & Perky's version of Lulu's Eurovision song Boom Bang A Bang. I am dead proud of that.
Old 19-02-2014, 01:30 PM

Halftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychokiller View Post
Not really supprizing, those covering Drake today are almost all vapid hipster folkersters.

Amazing really that Drake himself was only a couple of years older than Bugg and considering younger than some of the others who cover him yet has so much gravity compared to them.
Old 19-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Hey ho, lets go!

kick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Surely the One Direction car crash of Teenage Kicks qualifies if not already nominated.
Old 21-02-2014, 02:23 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Has anyone mentioned Fine Young Cannibals and Ever Fallen In Love yet?
Old 21-02-2014, 02:49 PM
Hey ho, lets go!

kick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekick it doris : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Likewise Paul Young and Love Will Tear Us Apart.
Old 21-02-2014, 02:52 PM

Bozzi is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverBozzi is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverBozzi is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverBozzi is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverBozzi is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverBozzi is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverBozzi is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverBozzi is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverBozzi is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverBozzi is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet cover
Jamie Cullum, The wind cries Mary. Oh dear.
Old 21-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
Inappropriate
Boyzone - Baby can I hold you tonight (boy bands should not cover songs about domestic violence!!)
'Behind the wall' as the b-side?
Old 21-02-2014, 04:27 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychokiller View Post
Wrong. Andy Bey's "River Man" is well ace.
Old 21-02-2014, 05:37 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
The first 45 I bought for myself was Pinky & Perky's version of Lulu's Eurovision song Boom Bang A Bang. I am dead proud of that.
Christ on a bike.....

Old 21-02-2014, 05:40 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halftime Gold View Post
Not really supprizing, those covering Drake today are almost all vapid hipster folkersters.

Amazing really that Drake himself was only a couple of years older than Bugg and considering younger than some of the others who cover him yet has so much gravity compared to them.
Drake was seriously posh - a product of the empire. It wasn't gravitas - it was an inherited sense entitlement and a old style public school education...
I've been a fan for years, but I'd be very surprised if I would have warmed to him in real life. He needed a bit of a slap.
Old 21-02-2014, 05:43 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Drake was seriously posh - a product of the empire. It wasn't gravitas - it was an inherited sense entitlement and a old style public school education...
I've been a fan for years, but I'd be very surprised if I would have warmed to him in real life. He needed a bit of a slap.
Apparently, when at posh school, he referred to his fellow Marlburian Chris de Burgh as "that little c~nt with the big guitar".
Old 21-02-2014, 05:51 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Apparently, when at posh school, he referred to his fellow Marlburian Chris de Burgh as "that little c~nt with the big guitar".