Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 13-02-2013, 09:50 PM

Rasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Now THAT is an interesting and unbiased review. Good read, cheers
Old 23-02-2013, 09:30 PM
People are People

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
I like it

Old 12-03-2013, 02:47 PM

Rasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Just been listening to the Letterman performance, interesting.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

A few of the new tracks on there. Am liking 'Should be higher' and also that they played Barrel of a Gun on there too which means we might get that come the live gigs which would be nice. The other 2 new tracks that I hadn't heard before (Soothe My Soul and Soft Touch) i'm less enamored with however.

Last edited by Rasheed Harkouk; 13-03-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old 13-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

jordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed Harkouk
Just been listening to the Letterman performance, interesting.

A few of the new tracks on there. Am liking 'Should be higher' and also that they played Barrel of a Gun on there too which means we might get that come the live gigs which would be nice. The other 2 new tracks that I hadn't heard before (Soothe My Soul and Soft Touch) i'm less enamored with however.
Same as you. Also thought 'Angel' sounded good live
Some musicians are meant to be heard but not seen - merely an auditory experience and nothing more. Berlin's IAMX, on the other hand, isnt merely a band... it's an event - a full-on aural and visual attack with the dynamic and inimitable Chris Corner (of Sneaker Pimps) leading the charge.
Old 13-03-2013, 02:47 PM

swhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I thought 'Should be higher' sounded the best of the new tracks. I don't think DM have ever sounded better live.

Jordanismygod, isn't it about time you changed your name? maybe CPFC2010aremygods?
Old 13-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

jordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by swhib
I thought 'Should be higher' sounded the best of the new tracks. I don't think DM have ever sounded better live.

Jordanismygod, isn't it about time you changed your name? maybe CPFC2010aremygods?
You should know Bill you can't change usernames
Some musicians are meant to be heard but not seen - merely an auditory experience and nothing more. Berlin's IAMX, on the other hand, isnt merely a band... it's an event - a full-on aural and visual attack with the dynamic and inimitable Chris Corner (of Sneaker Pimps) leading the charge.
Old 15-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Soothe My Soul is up on Soundcloud.

Obvious comparisons will be drawn with Personal Jesus, I expect.
Old 15-03-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ
Soothe My Soul is up on Soundcloud.

Obvious comparisons will be drawn with Personal Jesus, I expect.
In comparison it is poor IMHO
Old 16-03-2013, 03:14 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't disagree.
Old 16-03-2013, 05:48 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

It's just 'ok' It's a throwaway track that, after listening to 30 second clips of all the songs is the most commercial one on the album.
SMS also has a bside that's not on the album 'no part of me'.
So far that's 18 new songs.
Old 17-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

Jonathan Woss has confirmed that DM will chatting and performing on his saturday night chat show. Date not comfirmed but likely to be April 6th
Old 18-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Asta La Vista Doggies

Album finally leaked last night. Not downloaded it. It's getting some great reviews from fans on DM forums.

Love this comment 'its Bjork meets DM, then have a big orgy at a funeral.'
Old 18-03-2013, 09:48 AM

swhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanismygod
Album finally leaked last night. Not downloaded it. It's getting some great reviews from fans on DM forums.

Love this comment 'its Bjork meets DM, then have a big orgy at a funeral.'
Let’s hope they arrest the people who uploaded it immediately, this should be stopped! Stopped I say!

Last edited by swhib; 18-03-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old 18-03-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanismygod
It's getting some great reviews from fans on DM forums.
Good to hear although generally these fans tend to be so blinkered as to make their opinions worthless. Both singles so far have left me fairly underwhelmed, but Angel and Should be Higher give me hope.. oh well at least it distracts from events at the Amex
Old 18-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed Harkouk
Good to hear although generally these fans tend to be so blinkered as to make their opinions worthless. Both singles so far have left me fairly underwhelmed, but Angel and Should be Higher give me hope.. oh well at least it distracts from events at the Amex
I wouldn't say that on the site i usually visit. Most of them moan more than here on the BBS.
Old 18-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

You can stream the album on Itunes now.
Listening to Welcome to my world on. That's one hell of a start to the album.
10 times better than anything on SOTU
Old 19-03-2013, 12:13 AM
Asta La Vista Doggies

Speechless. Will comment more tomorrow as it's late and i'm tired.
Sat in bed with the headphones on listening to the album on the itunes stream.
After SOTU, i honestly didn't think DM could make an album as good as this anymore.
FANTASTIC
Old 19-03-2013, 12:11 PM

Sony gives access too now currently listening
Old 19-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

Here is my review

First listened to it about 14 hours ago via the ITunes stream.
I must say there are songs on Delta that give me shivers.
Don’t remember that being the case for quite a while now.
It is by no means perfect. 2/3 songs could have been pushed that little bit extra to become great.
At 42, and following DM religiously for 20 odd years. I am thankful they have given me great pleasure with this collection of new songs.
Isn’t it great that we still have at least 4 more to take it.

The thing about Delta, for me, are the layers of sound are so much better than SOTU. Don’t rate SOTU at all.
Listening through headphones brings all the sounds to life even more.

1 – Welcome to my world – Easily up there with one of the best opening tracks.
Love the sounds swirling around in the background. The build up after the first chorus is great.
I don’t mind the ending it leads nicely into Angel - 9

2 – Angel – Powerful, in your face DM that I have always loved.
Enjoyed this since we heard it way back in October. The change of gear halfway through makes the song rather good – 9

3 – Heaven – Grown on me over the last few weeks. I do find it fits quite well after the two opening tracks. – 7

4 – Secret to the end – I love the synth rhythm driving itself through the hole song. Still not quick sure about the chorus.
Although this does maintain the strong start – 8

5 – My little universe – Love this type of experimental DM. Have always wished they would do something like this, ala The knife, Fever Ray etc.
Up there with the best for me – Love the build up and techno feel at the end – 9

6 – Slow – ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT. Sleazy, sexy – Love Martin’s backing vocals on this. Blues meets electronica at its best – 9

7 – Broken – Love the MFTM feel to this one, but it doesn’t quite hit the spot for me. Decent song. I like the verses but the chorus is a bit gay – 7

8 – The child inside – I haven’t been a big lover of MG sung tracks for quite a while now. This is a typical Damaged people type song.
I like it better after a few listens than I did on the first listen. Nice lyrics – 5

9 – Soft touch/raw nerve – Nice for DM to try something different – It’s alright for what it is. I like MG’s punky style backing vocals at the end. Harder drums would have made it better. One of those songs where you think it’s ‘ok’ for and experiment/throw away type track – 6

10 – Should be higher – Great start. Sleazy, very electronic, driving beat. What’s not to like you might say? I loved this from the lettermans performance. I actually think I prefer the live version to the album version. I doesn’t quite hit the spot. I think daves vocals don’t sound as good on the album version.
Decent track though – 7.5

11- Alone – Love the start to this song. The rumbling beat in the background. I can see why this is striking a cord with a lot of people. It’s not quite done it for me yet. A good song that maybe could have been better done slightly different. – 7.5

12 – Soothe my soul – yes the lyrics are very cheesy and performed a bit naff. Nice musically. I can see why they made it the second single though. For some reason I find the rather basic chorus getting stuck in my head and singing it to myself – 7

13 – Goodbye – The perfect song to be placed as the closer. Dreamy, lovely blues guitar throughout the track. – 8

Overall I recommend your first experience of listening to the album is with decent headphones. You can hear all the sounds and layers perfectly. It's certainly not very commercial and there are a lack of obvious singles, but as a collection of songs they fit perfectly
A welcome return to form and their best album since Ultra. Looking forward to hearing the remaining tracks

Last edited by jordanismygod; 19-03-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 19-03-2013, 12:58 PM
morale officer

Joe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
cheers for your review -really promising. I downloaded last night and gave it a listen this morning.

On first listen absolutely love the first 4 tracks and also Should be Higher. As with all DM albums, its difficult to get a real taste after a single listen so will report back in a week or two.

As aside, looking forward to IAMX's new album and seeing him in Camden on 18th April.