Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 29-09-2016, 05:03 PM
Opinions are not facts

TheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
This was the darkest period in Dave's drug problems, and it may have been in one of those reissue things they did where Martin and Fletch were saying how difficult it was recording the album. Nevertheless some of the tracks on it are fantastic. Of the proper tracks (so exclusing the short instrumental interludes) it's probably only The Bottom Line that I'd skip listening to.

Some of the subtle notes / noises they put in some of the tracks really make them stand out for me, especially in Sister of Night.
Only 1 track on Ultra was recorded while Dave was still on drugs, Sister of Night, he says you can hear how terror in his voice. He was pretty much off them for almost all of the recording.
Old 29-09-2016, 05:05 PM
Opinions are not facts

TheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Hardly.

Studio wise I still think they're excellent. But live... nope, not any more. They need to get rid of that feckin' Wookie on the piano. I watched a clip from the last tour on TV the other week - his plinky-plonking during Never Let Me Down Again was nothing less than sacreligious.
The Wookie is quite a sought after musician, in particular he played on the ZTT tribute concert with Trevor Horn even singing a track from the ZTT catalogue.

That said, I am not a big fan of his just saying he is an accomplished, respected and sought after musician.
Old 29-09-2016, 05:08 PM
Opinions are not facts

Quote:
I see there's a (re-hashed) videos DVD out in November.
Yeah, not even a Blu-Ray version. Apparently there are more releases planned so maybe we'll get Strange and Strange Too released at last.
Old 29-09-2016, 05:20 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Quite. I suspect Andy McCluskey disappeared up his own derriere in about 1981. I do like early OMD though.
Same here. Early stuff was great. Red frame, white light.

Just how many gobs, clambering for his knob? Must be the old chum brigade.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 29-09-2016, 05:23 PM
Sensual Member

Miss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I see there's a (re-hashed) videos DVD out in November.
Hooray!!!!
Old 29-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Opinions are not facts

Depeche Mode to announce tour dates and new album on October 11

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 30-09-2016, 03:39 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExpatEagle View Post
The Wookie is quite a sought after musician, in particular he played on the ZTT tribute concert with Trevor Horn even singing a track from the ZTT catalogue.

That said, I am not a big fan of his just saying he is an accomplished, respected and sought after musician.
I didn't say he was a bad musician. I'm quite sure DM wouldn't have used him for as long as they have (i.e. since Alan Wilder left) if he wasn't a capable piano player.

Last edited by JJ; 30-09-2016 at 06:15 AM.
Old 30-09-2016, 07:40 AM
Opinions are not facts

Quote:
I didn't say he was a bad musician. I'm quite sure DM wouldn't have used him for as long as they have (i.e. since Alan Wilder left) if he wasn't a capable piano player.
He gets called the Alan Davis lookalike a lot too.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:09 PM
Ambrose Isn't an eagle.

deftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
World tour announced - I'll be seeing them in Stockholm on May 5th.

2.5.10 - The Day we defied the odds

Twitter - stu_1984
Old 11-10-2016, 12:19 PM

Repo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betray
London show is on at the same time I'm seeing Kraftwerk in Dublin, so this will be the first UK shows I miss in 20 or so years - ah well, they usually come back here for more UK shows on a second leg.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:24 PM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Are they the best thing to come from Essex, ever?
I think so.

(excluding Darren Ambrose, obviously)
Old 11-10-2016, 12:58 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo Man View Post
London show is on at the same time I'm seeing Kraftwerk in Dublin, so this will be the first UK shows I miss in 20 or so years - ah well, they usually come back here for more UK shows on a second leg.
Another stadium gig i wont be going to.

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 11-10-2016, 01:01 PM
Sensual Member

Miss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo Man View Post
Yeah, they'll do another London date and will let you off for Kraftwerk- amazing.

I'm checking my calendar but will do a few European Stadiums. Global Spirit 2017!! The Basildon Boys are back again!
Old 11-10-2016, 01:01 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Playing Copenhagen May 31st at Parken
Old 11-10-2016, 01:02 PM
Sensual Member

Yeah, it would be nice to find them in a non-stadium venue, true.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:31 PM

Repo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betray
Just seen that they're playing the West Ham/Olympic stadium - sod that, glad I'm not going now. I presumed they'd be playing the O2.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:57 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

jordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can't go the the London gig in June so will go abroad somewhere. There will be more dates added when the arena leg of the tour. Probably late 2017/2018
Some musicians are meant to be heard but not seen - merely an auditory experience and nothing more. Berlin's IAMX, on the other hand, isnt merely a band... it's an event - a full-on aural and visual attack with the dynamic and inimitable Chris Corner (of Sneaker Pimps) leading the charge.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:41 PM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe View Post
Are they the best thing to come from Essex, ever?
I think so.
Yazoo for me (although of course half of Yazoo was the person who co-formed Depeche Mode).

Amazing when you think of it that two of the four founding members of DM went on to win the Ivor Novello songwriting award individually.
Old 12-10-2016, 09:23 PM

Rasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down low
I see a lot is being made of the fact that this is the Modes first UK stadium gig for 23 years. Well i beg to differ, i believe it is their first UK stadium gig ever as the Palace gig wasn't at the stadium but at the bowl.

The snippets of tracks released so far sound interesting... There again they showed off Angel last time out and that probably turned out to be the best track on the album, should have been a single, certainly above Soothe my soul.. Which IMHO is utter garbage. Hope Gores songwriting has picked up again because Gahan did the better work on Delta
Old 13-10-2016, 01:31 AM

lucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Went to see Depeche Mode at the Hammersmith Odean early 80's when they did the Speak N Spell album