Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 13-10-2016, 10:21 AM

Rasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Me too Feb 2nd 1982 i think
Old 17-10-2016, 08:56 AM
Ambrose Isn't an eagle.

deftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Managed to get 2 tickets for the opening show of the world tour in Stockholm. The old man is flying over here for the weekend. City away on the Saturday as well.

2.5.10 - The Day we defied the odds

Twitter - stu_1984
Old 18-10-2016, 03:23 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_181 View Post
Went to see Depeche Mode at the Hammersmith Odean early 80's when they did the Speak N Spell album
Funnily enough it was the 1982 Hammersmith Odeon shows that made me realise there was nothing wrong with going to more than one concert on the same tour. Not because I went (I was 15 so "too young" grrr) but because, on the Get The Balance Right, Everything Counts and Love In Itself limited edition 12" singles, on the b-side they each had four live tracks from the 82 tour. In between two of them, Dave Gahan shouts "Who was here last night then?"

My first gig (by any band) was Some Great Reward tour at Hammersmith, on 2nd November 1984. My second, thanks to the above realisation, was the Some Great Reward tour at Hammersmith on 4th November 1984. In hindsight I wish I'd gone to all 4 they did then!
Old 19-10-2016, 03:47 PM

ceitinn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldceitinn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldceitinn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldceitinn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldceitinn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldceitinn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldceitinn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldceitinn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldceitinn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldceitinn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldceitinn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Funnily enough it was the 1982 Hammersmith Odeon shows that made me realise there was nothing wrong with going to more than one concert on the same tour. Not because I went (I was 15 so "too young" grrr) but because, on the Get The Balance Right, Everything Counts and Love In Itself limited edition 12" singles, on the b-side they each had four live tracks from the 82 tour. In between two of them, Dave Gahan shouts "Who was here last night then?"

My first gig (by any band) was Some Great Reward tour at Hammersmith, on 2nd November 1984. My second, thanks to the above realisation, was the Some Great Reward tour at Hammersmith on 4th November 1984. In hindsight I wish I'd gone to all 4 they did then!
My first concerts were 11th and 12th January 1988, Music for the Masses tour at Wembley Arena. Went on my own, nobody else I knew or know in the UK likes DM. I was 17 at the time. Seen them 20 or more times in 6 different countries.

England: Wembley Arena, Crystal Palace & O2 (London), NEC Arena (Birmingham) & Phones 4 U Arena (Manchester)
Germany: Westfallenhalle (Dortmund)
Sweden: Globen & Stadion (Stockholm), Scandinavium (Göteborg) & Malmö Arena (Malmö)
Denmark: Parken (Copenhagen) & Jyske Bank Boxen (Herning)
Norway: Telenor Arena (Oslo)
Holland: Ahoy (Rotterdam)

Last edited by ceitinn; 19-10-2016 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Adding information
Old 19-10-2016, 05:31 PM

Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
My first time seeing them was at Wembley Arena in November 1990 with Terry Turner (see the RIP Terry thread in the Palace section here for more info), and again there the day after, since then seen them at Crystal Palace, Wembley Arena again, Hyde Park, the O2 ( a few times), the Royal Albert Hall and the O2 in Dublin.
Old 19-10-2016, 06:30 PM

DeanGoodsnake : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeanGoodsnake : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeanGoodsnake : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeanGoodsnake : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeanGoodsnake : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeanGoodsnake : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeanGoodsnake : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeanGoodsnake : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeanGoodsnake : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeanGoodsnake : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeanGoodsnake : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo Man View Post
My first time seeing them was at Wembley Arena in November 1990 with Terry Turner (see the RIP Terry thread in the Palace section here for more info), and again there the day after, since then seen them at Crystal Palace, Wembley Arena again, Hyde Park, the O2 ( a few times), the Royal Albert Hall and the O2 in Dublin.
RIP TT , got 4 standing tickets for London would of offered him one if he was still with us .I've only seen them once at Wembley arena was always hoping they would play Glastonbury but not this year as I don't have tickets.
Old 19-10-2016, 06:39 PM
The Expat Eagle

TheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheExpatEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo Man View Post
Do you remember that the band used to start the shows behind a curtain? On one of the nights the curtain got stuck but before the show I said to a mate who I took with me (I used to buy 2 tickets and drag someone alone) that the curtain would probably get stuck, and it did.
Old 29-10-2016, 06:54 AM
Asta La Vista Doggies

jordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anyone going to the IAMX gig at Shepherds Bush tonight?
Some musicians are meant to be heard but not seen - merely an auditory experience and nothing more. Berlin's IAMX, on the other hand, isnt merely a band... it's an event - a full-on aural and visual attack with the dynamic and inimitable Chris Corner (of Sneaker Pimps) leading the charge.
Old 29-10-2016, 11:40 AM
morale officer

Joe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanismygod View Post
Anyone going to the IAMX gig at Shepherds Bush tonight?
I most certainly am!
Old 31-10-2016, 06:21 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExpatEagle View Post
Do you remember that the band used to start the shows behind a curtain?
Remember very clearly. They did it on the SGR tour in 84 and also BC tour in 86. They opened the 86 show with 'Black Celebration' and I always thought it was cool that the curtain dropped on the line "I look to you..." Such great times following them around back then.
Old 20-12-2016, 10:17 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

jordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Some musicians are meant to be heard but not seen - merely an auditory experience and nothing more. Berlin's IAMX, on the other hand, isnt merely a band... it's an event - a full-on aural and visual attack with the dynamic and inimitable Chris Corner (of Sneaker Pimps) leading the charge.
Old 17-01-2017, 08:02 AM
Asta La Vista Doggies

Old 17-01-2017, 01:28 PM
Veteran

Thanks for posting those!
Old 01-02-2017, 10:27 AM

Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
New single 'Where's The Revolution' is out this Friday, new album 'Spirit' out on March 17th.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:19 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

Link to the station website which broadcasts live...so tune in 11pm UK time

Old 02-02-2017, 07:28 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

BBC Radio 6 are saying it will be on their show at some point from 7am
Old 02-02-2017, 10:14 PM

No sign of it on iTunes to preorder it, will probably wait until the morning.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:25 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's up on Youtube now... I'm liking it! Proper bip-bop electro sound that was missing under Hillier.

'Bono ain't the new messiah
Michael Jackson is a liar'
Old 02-02-2017, 11:44 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

Not what I was expecting after hearing the chorus from the press conference last year.
Not bad though. Sounds better produced. Hope for the album.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:47 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Agreed. How Hillier ever got the gig again after Playing the Angel is a mystery to me.

'Bono ain't the new messiah
Michael Jackson is a liar'