Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 29-06-2017, 06:31 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Is this overtime ban permanent?
It is "indefinite".
Old 29-06-2017, 06:31 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham_eagle View Post
Managed to get a seat from Reedham - people there are strange, they only turn up a minute or two before the train's due - I had been waiting for 10 minutes.
Yes I have noticed this. Often get people running over the bridge at Reedham. Train is the same time every day, well meant to be.
Old 29-06-2017, 06:33 AM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
It is "indefinite".
Grim, first train I can now get to London Bridge is 7.46, I tend to start work at 7.30..
Old 29-06-2017, 06:34 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham_eagle View Post
Managed to get a seat from Reedham - people there are strange, they only turn up a minute or two before the train's due - I had been waiting for 10 minutes.
Why would you turn up 10 minutes before departure? Is the platform that busy people are queuing ten deep?
Old 29-06-2017, 06:38 AM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
Why would you turn up 10 minutes before departure? Is the platform that busy people are queuing ten deep?
I only use that station if there's strikes - my bus gets me there ten minutes before. Previously it has been heaving, but was fine this morning.
Old 29-06-2017, 06:44 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
For the benefit of Eaglejez, it seems that the Caterham line will be running a normal rush hour timetable when the overtime ban starts:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Well it appears those Southern wankers have changed their tune, and the Caterham line IS screwed after all.
Old 29-06-2017, 06:45 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Only one London bridge train all morning rush hour for the upper warlingham line. It's standing room only by Riddlesdown.
Old 29-06-2017, 08:04 AM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Only one London bridge train all morning rush hour for the upper warlingham line. It's standing room only by Riddlesdown.
But according to Southern, the service is "stronger"...

I've emailed my MP about it; asked him what he has and will be doing to try and resolve the situation. Let's wait and see, but given the prick voted against NHS/fire fighter pay rises last night and recently filibustered to stop gays from being pardoned, I cannot imagine that he gives a shit about commuters.
Old 29-06-2017, 08:21 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
well, at least the doors opened today. They must have chosen the wrong stock.
Old 29-06-2017, 11:21 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
But according to Southern, the service is "stronger"...

I've emailed my MP about it; asked him what he has and will be doing to try and resolve the situation. Let's wait and see, but given the prick voted against NHS/fire fighter pay rises last night and recently filibustered to stop gays from being pardoned, I cannot imagine that he gives a shit about commuters.
glad to hear you are now more frequently blaming the company and the MPs/Government for the Southern fiasco rather than the workers. Think you are starting to see the light.
Old 29-06-2017, 11:23 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Agreed Macstar. A chink of light at the end of the understaffed tunnel.

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 29-06-2017, 11:35 AM

speagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
I didn't even bother today as there's only one London Bridge train running. Last time they did this you couldn't even board trains at Sanderstead, was totally rammed.
Old 29-06-2017, 12:56 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Agreed Macstar. A chink of light at the end of the understaffed tunnel.
Old 29-06-2017, 12:59 PM

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The transport secretary has been given two weeks to produce a report on its handing into the Southern rail franchise or face a judicial review.
The Association of British Commuters (ABC) took the government to the High Court over what it described as the Southern rail "fiasco".
ABC said ministers acted unlawfully by failing to determine whether managers had breached franchise obligations.
The ruling comes as the drivers' union, Aslef, began a new overtime ban.
Mr Justice Ouseley said he was requiring Chris Grayling to publish a report within 14 days.
Aslef, which has been in dispute with Southern over the driver-only-operated trains and the role of train staff for over a year, started its latest overtime earlier.
Southern has been forced to introduced a revised timetable axing about a quarter of services affecting services in Kent, Sussex, Surrey and Hampshire.
Before the hearing, Summer Dean, of ABC, said: "Passengers are the only people who still don't have a voice in this fiasco, and many thousands of them support us in our efforts to reveal the truth behind the Department for Transport's involvement in Southern Rail."
ABC said ministers acted unlawfully by failing to determine whether managers had breached franchise obligations.
Old 29-06-2017, 12:59 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well it appears those Southern wankers have changed their tune, and the Caterham line IS screwed after all.
yep
What a bunch of ****holes.

Could someone summarise what the issue is they are all arguing about
Old 29-06-2017, 01:26 PM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
glad to hear you are now more frequently blaming the company and the MPs/Government for the Southern fiasco rather than the workers. Think you are starting to see the light.
Don't worry, I'll start blaming drivers again (and ASLEF) if you vote for more industrial action
Old 29-06-2017, 01:37 PM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Don't think anyone blames drivers for disruption caused by them not working overtime. That is purely Southern's fault for building their operating model on overtime.
Old 29-06-2017, 02:05 PM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Don't think anyone blames drivers for disruption caused by them not working overtime. That is purely Southern's fault for building their operating model on overtime.
Innocent question but where have the Union been on the matter of overtime in previous negotiations with the rail companies?
Old 29-06-2017, 02:09 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfy View Post
Innocent question but where have the Union been on the matter of overtime in previous negotiations with the rail companies?
ASLEF have always asked for full compliment of drivers, well they defo have for last 17 years.
Old 29-06-2017, 02:11 PM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
ASLEF have always asked for full compliment of drivers, well they defo have for last 17 years.
Thanks