Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:01 PM

Dogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
match day experience

The match day experience at Selhurst just gets worse by the year . Now I havent been in the Glaziers bar for a couple seasons but my god what have they done ? What was once a decent place for a pint is now a plastic soulless canteen selling almost undrinkable Lagers at a fiver a pint . Another fiver was handed over for a sausage in a bread roll, not even offered any onions .

No running water in the gents ,if it was an outside bar it would be shut down and certainly would have its food licence removed .

The seats in the upper rows are so close together my knees were painfully squashed against the seat in front ,I'm not even 6ft so would say anyone taller than that it would be a no go area .

The half time piss took most of half time , the toilets at the top of block C are nowhere near adequate for the number of people

Lessons learned ,
Don't go to the ground before the match , drink and eat at outside pubs and arrive at 5 to KO
Don't sit in the Old stand .
Old 12-08-2017, 09:08 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogburger View Post
The match day experience at Selhurst just gets worse by the year . Now I havent been in the Glaziers bar for a couple seasons but my god what have they done ? What was once a decent place for a pint is now a plastic soulless canteen selling almost undrinkable Lagers at a fiver a pint . Another fiver was handed over for a sausage in a bread roll, not even offered any onions .

No running water in the gents ,if it was an outside bar it would be shut down and certainly would have its food licence removed .

The seats in the upper rows are so close together my knees were painfully squashed against the seat in front ,I'm not even 6ft so would say anyone taller than that it would be a no go area .

The half time piss took most of half time , the toilets at the top of block C are nowhere near adequate for the number of people

Lessons learned ,
Don't go to the ground before the match , drink and eat at outside pubs and arrive at 5 to KO
The above is why I haven't renewed my season ticket in the Members stand , No respect for the fans that have followed the club through thick and thin ,In the 40yrs I have been going and the club has never been as flush with money .
Old 12-08-2017, 09:19 PM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
The above is why I haven't renewed my season ticket in the Members stand , No respect for the fans that have followed the club through thick and thin ,In the 40yrs I have been going and the club has never been as flush with money .
They only care about the corporate areas these days mate
Old 12-08-2017, 09:28 PM

Alfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The holmesdale upper was chaos as they have put anti slip paint on the steps but can't be bothered to put the row numbers back on so all the new fans not got a clue where their seat was , agree about the hot dog total rubbish for £5
Old 12-08-2017, 09:30 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE View Post
They only care about the corporate areas these days mate
100 % right .
Old 12-08-2017, 09:32 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Sadly gone are the days when threads like this would be attributed to doom and gloom after a spanking at home.

I don't like to read knee jerk negativity to the new manager but I'm massively disillusioned and out of touch with our club at the moment.

Nothing on the new ground, appallingly inadequate disabled facilities, increasingly duff produce at the ground, nothing much positive in terms of investment in the squad...this is a big season for us as we really showing very little for 5 years worth of sky millions.

Wigan, Sunderland, Ipswich, Fulham, Reading...there's always one who gets complacent or their luck runs out.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:33 PM

rainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is here
At least the Football is good though!
Old 12-08-2017, 09:34 PM
KISS MY AR*SE SEAWEED

crowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrowboro eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I can't stand the so called match day experience. All aimed at tourists. Couldn't get in the fans zone today, son couldn't get his name on shirt. Club shop crammed full so gave up. Sadly selhurst park is not designed for premier league football and I really hope we can sort out planning to re build it!!
Old 12-08-2017, 09:35 PM
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
The Fan Zone is like a holding cell. It's Guantanamo in there. You have to show your season ticket to get it, which means

1) queues to get in (and then you queue for everything when inside);
2) stops anybody who hasn't got a match ticket from getting in. Believe it or not but there are some from the local area who pop over for a burger and a programme with friends who are attending the game, but aren't going in themselves.
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 12-08-2017, 09:37 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Fan zone is a good effort, more seating would be good, victim of its popularity, queues for everything! Get the feeling the staff there, many of whom are unpaid volunteers do care about the small details and giving a good experience, which isn't always the case in other areas
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 12-08-2017, 09:40 PM
17 years for 3,250 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down low
...and no display by the Crystals. Whats the world coming too ?
Incidentally no lickk of paint in the Whitehorse loos either.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:08 PM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_child View Post
At least the Football is good though!
At least the footballers are paid good though!
Old 12-08-2017, 10:20 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
The lager in the red and blue was woeful
Old 12-08-2017, 10:25 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
the owners and board should be ashamed of themselves , they never ever seem to GAF though, talk about the fact they were meant to once be so called supporters
Old 13-08-2017, 05:26 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Health wise it's good news for my liver that I now drink a maximum of two pints pre match.
I never want to queue at half time for a piss in the Arfur bogs EVER.
Old 13-08-2017, 06:01 PM

Ooh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Please get rid of that bloody drum.
Old 13-08-2017, 06:27 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I think it's a sad fact that the income in revenue for beers and burgers in negligible compared to tv riches.

On a rare visit these days, I don't really use the facilities as they are decent boozers in the vicinity (Victory, 2 brewers)

Selhurst is a hole, but it's our home and we're kinda stuck with it..
Old 13-08-2017, 06:34 PM

Penstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogburger View Post

Lessons learned ,
Have you been told to go and support Arsenal or Chelsea yet? No. Won't be long.

Only 'blue sky' opinion allowed on here please, this isn't a discussion forum.
Old 13-08-2017, 06:43 PM

HurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Glad someone mentioned the hotdogs. Dodgey frankfurter in a bun was vomit inducing.
Old 13-08-2017, 06:51 PM
17 years for 3,250 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down low
6Oh and another thing..was GAO played when they came out ?
Couldn't hear anything in the Whitehorse.

Last edited by ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o; 13-08-2017 at 07:00 PM.