Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 10-12-2018, 06:12 AM
I believe in Sørloth

Raggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
did you check the date?
No.
But as it relates to a moral principle, I wouldn't have thought the percentage would be too different now. I would be interested to see an updated figure though.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:27 AM
Zombie Nation

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
From David Cameron's cynical start in bringing in a referendum for purely political reasons nullifying a perceived threat from the loons of UKIP and to appease his own swivel-eye brigade, to the campaign itself - from the lies of leave and the pathetic remain campaign, especially from Corbyn, and then the ridiculous immediate triggering of A50 followed by appointing a moron like Davis to be in charge of negotiations, while Fox traveled the world begging countries to replicate the current terms of trade deals we hav…………………………………..
Immediate as in March 29th 2017, as I remember Labour supported it.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:30 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
No.
But as it relates to a moral principle, I wouldn't have thought the percentage would be too different now. .
It really doesn’t.

It’s possible that for some, at the time, it possibly might have done. But it’s folly to assume that would apply to all.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-12-2018, 06:36 AM
I believe in Sørloth

Raggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
It really doesn’t.

It’s possible that for some, at the time, it possibly might have done. But it’s folly to assume that would apply to all.
"I did not support Britain leaving the EU, but now the British people have voted to leave the government has a duty to carry out their wishes and leave" - 23%

Sure sounds like a moral principle to me.

I accept there will inevitably be some flux, there always is. But I would be surprised if the 23% has fallen, or indeed risen, by that much.

History shows us that the general public are strong on moral principles, thankfully much more so than politicians.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:10 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
"I did not support Britain leaving the EU, but now the British people have voted to leave the government has a duty to carry out their wishes and leave" - 23%

Sure sounds like a moral principle to me.

I accept there will inevitably be some flux, there always is. But I would be surprised if the 23% has fallen, or indeed risen, by that much.

History shows us that the general public are strong on moral principles, thankfully much more so than politicians.
Why be surprised when there have been quite a few polls out recently, especially the latest from BMG that says a people's vote is now the most popular option.

History shows that we are actually quite a fickle lot, and of course politicians are part of the public, and not specially bred on farms.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:12 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
That is a daft argument. As the referendum result recedes into the past, it becomes harder to sustain. The question was posed when the debate and the result were fresh.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:18 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post

I just wish London could quit the UK
Call for a referendum.

I am not sure London would fare as well as they think they would as an independent nation.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:30 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
No.
But as it relates to a moral principle, I wouldn't have thought the percentage would be too different now. I would be interested to see an updated figure though.
Whoops.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:57 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
General election would be a good call 8 have no idea what labours policy on Brexit is other than not agree8ng with anything the tories put forward rather like children.

I wonder if any party other than the liberals would be brave enough to table a no Brexit policy against the outcome of the referendum. Maybe they would be brave enough for a second referendum but I doubt they would be brave enough to say no Brexit.

I voted leave I would still us rather leave but I would vote remain if I voted today I would vote remain not because I want us to remain but because I think we need to leave or remain not some sort of hybrid leave where we don’t really. I have no doubt that in my lifetime we would be worse off by voting leave (at least until we have to bail out Italy and Spain) but I believe my darter would see benefits on this.

Still worst case I have found out 8 am eligible for Netherlands citizenship and my wife Irish.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 10-12-2018, 08:14 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
ECJ follow AG view. We can revoke A50
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:15 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
ECJ rules A50 can be unilaterally revoked.

Lose tomorrow, May resigns, A50 extension, second referendum, Remain wins, we stay. Job done.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:22 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Cat now firmly ensconced among the pigeons.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:23 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:26 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Tee hee.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-12-2018, 08:28 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
We probably ought to get on with this as I would imagine the EU would want to amend the legislation / treaty to remove or negate the effect of that ruling that as soon as possible (in EU speak, the next time the treaty is amended)
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:34 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Splendid news
Old 10-12-2018, 08:42 AM
I believe in Sørloth

Even if we did revoke A50, wouldn't we still owe the EU £39 billion?
Old 10-12-2018, 08:43 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
So quick recap....

No-one likes May's deal despite the Maybot's efforts
No-one that keen on no deal
Jeremy looking for unicorns
We can revoke A50
Old 10-12-2018, 08:46 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
There will be apoplexy in Conservative clubs and train depots up and down the country.

Ah well, they won. They should get over it.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:53 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Even if we did revoke A50, wouldn't we still owe the EU £39 billion?
'kin 'ell.